Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The person who has kidnapped the child is vermin. The poster who has a personal opinion which is different to yours is not.

Maybe you've forgotten the rules of BE, especially Rule 1 - Personal Attacks
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

Thank you.
So you would respectfully discuss with a Nazi advocating genocide without getting angry?
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 1:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
So you would respectfully discuss with a Nazi advocating genocide without getting angry?
I have no idea what your problem is, but this is a thread about a young child being kidnapped. Perhaps you could take your anger over one persons personal opinion somewhere else and not start on Nazis. It's totally inappropriate so pack it in.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 3:48 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree with the mass storage of innocent peoples' DNA too, but there's no need to go on the offensive & Godwin's law the thread.

On topic, I know it seems odd the idea of the kid playing out unsupervised at that time, but Mach is a tiny place & it really isn't the sort of place you would expect something like this to happen. Everyone's so friendly there. What I find heartening is the response of not just the locals, but people further afield. A gentleman drove up from Bristol to help search.

Update:

They have arrested someone, but she's still missing. (Press conference.)

Conference is off air now, but there's a rolling update on here.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Oct 2nd 2012 at 3:51 pm. Reason: Too tired to type correctly.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 4:15 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Where did Neil say anything about advocating genocide?
You disagree with him - fine, say so. But please don't turn this thread into a hate filled rant. A little girl is missing

Back on track - I heard the local councillor on the radio today. the family are well known and respected in the small community.
The police say that witnessed state she got into the van willingly. I wonder if it was someone known to her or completely random?

I hope she is found safe and well. It's every parents nightmare.

Edit - they have arrested a local man.

Last edited by Kapri; Oct 2nd 2012 at 5:13 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 12:31 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
I have said this for 14 years (since the birth of my son), all males (and I am one of them) should be DNA tested and we all grow up knowing our DNA profile is on file. When a terrible crime (mainly against women) is committed a DNA sample is obtained from the woman and the name and last known location of the person committing the crime will be known.Welcome peoples opinions......
Here's one - get lost with that you fascist.

On a broader note, as someone with a daughter I was horrified to read about this and while I echo the sentiment by ozzie about kids should be safe anywhere, the fact is the world is a nasty little pisspot full of depraved psychos and there is no way I would let my daughter play outside in the dark well out of my range of sight - not even at 10 never mind 5. If you look in the DM today they have a map of the child's home and where she was taken and it's on the other side of the estate.

The police are searching the river so I'm not holding out much hope. I have liberal principles for the main but when I read about this sort of thing and think about my daughter I get very angry. Frankly, if he died at the hands of a pair of boltcutters over three days it wouldn't be tough enough for me.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wouldn't necessarily stop them though - look at the number who re-offend, even though they know full well that the police already have their prints, DNA, address etc on file.
Agree, and the women like Myra Hindley, Mary Bell etc who did equally horrific things to children as any man did. Hindley would lure the kids for him.

So basically we would have to DNA everyone.

Wonder how far we are off that anyway, in OZ in particluar the amount of info they have on the average citizen and the tracking they do it disturbing already. The medical information sharing proposed is a privacy worry and the passport tracking of your every trip. annoys me, thank you govt for informing me every time I take a trip!!
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 2:49 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

They have named the arrested man - I hope he is the right man or the trial by media will make his life unbearable.

They must be pretty sure though surely?
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:01 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

You are disgusting. People like you are what is wrong with this world. Go trumpet your perverted fascist beliefs to the Nazi Party where you belong.
Jeeez..... Certainly hit a raw nerve here!

I have never though of myself as a Fascist, I consider my self very tolerant, certainly not racist, not genocidal or chauvinistic which are all examples that I can find of fascism.

We are talking about a poor child who has been abducted..... What I was talking about was a way to solve crimes quickly BEFORE another child gets harmed.

I know of specific examples from when I lived in the UK where DNA records have solved crimes and may have prevented other attacks, if only the DNA was recorded.

In 1991, a woman was raped and beaten on the side of the A1 at Alconbury Cambrigdeshire after her car broke down (close to where I lived). The perpetrator wasn't found for 9 years..... And how was he found? He committed a very minor offense (stealing a bottle of whiskey) in the south of England and as is customary in UK law, everyone who commits a crime is DNA tested. His DNA was a perfect match to the rape at Alconbury and he was duly charged and sentenced. The question is, how many other women did he attack, who may have been too scared to come forward?
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/n...years-1-106038

DNA trapped him nine years later

DAMNING DNA evidence revealed that Stephen Snowden was the man behind the A1 rape. But he was never questioned originally about the crime it was only after he was arrested for petty theft almost ten years later that police could make the connection.
Under new police rules, a DNA sample is taken from every person who is arrested, regardless of the nature of the alleged offence. The sample is sent off to laboratories in Birmingham for analysis and then the DNA profile is fed into a computer.
This then matches the profile to any crimes where forensic evidence giving a DNA profile has been gathered. With the exception of identical twins, the complete DNA of each individual is unique.
DNA is the genetic material found within the cell nuclei of all living things, and as such is an identification code. With the exception of identical twins, the complete DNA of each individual is unique.
Snowden, from Wimbledon in South London, was arrested for stealing a bottle of whiskey. A routine forensic test revealed that his DNA matched swabs taken from the victim following the rape in 1991.
Following the jurys verdict, Detective Sergeant Sean Gladwell, of Cambridgeshire police, said: This case has two very clear messages for criminals.

Firstly, it demonstrates the power and irrefutability of forensic science in identifying those who commit serious crime in this case nine years after the fact. Secondly, it demonstrates that no matter how many years elapse, we will continue to investigate crimes and will not stop until we have caught up with the offender and brought him, or her, to court.

Another shocking case from the UK was Antoni Imiela who is a perverted attacker who started raping women and children as young as 10yrs old in 1987 and became known as the M25 rapist as all his attacks where around the M25 motorway around London. This is yet another case where 'if only' his DNA was on records, many women and young girls may have been spared the disgusting attacks which started25 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html
Quote.......
Advances in forensic technology enabled cold-case detectives to identify a minute trace of DNA that Imiela left at the scene of the 1987 attack.

The case revealed that his appalling history of sexual violence began 14 years earlier than they originally suspected.

I can only assume that the anger that came out of my comments regarding storing DNA to solve crimes, are from people that have never had a loved one attacked (and God forbid their close loved ones ever meet someone like Antoni Imiela ) else they might be saying, "If only we had DNA records we could find this person"
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:07 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Jeeez..... Certainly hit a raw nerve here!

I have never though of myself as a Fascist, I consider my self very tolerant, certainly not racist, not genocidal or chauvinistic which are all examples that I can find of fascism.

We are talking about a poor child who has been abducted..... What I was talking about was a way to solve crimes quickly BEFORE another child gets harmed.

I know of specific examples from when I lived in the UK where DNA records have solved crimes and may have prevented other attacks, if only the DNA was recorded.

In 1991, a woman was raped and beaten on the side of the A1 at Alconbury Cambrigdeshire after her car broke down (close to where I lived). The perpetrator wasn't found for 9 years..... And how was he found? He committed a very minor offense (stealing a bottle of whiskey) in the south of England and as is customary in UK law, everyone who commits a crime is DNA tested. His DNA was a perfect match to the rape at Alconbury and he was duly charged and sentenced. The question is, how many other women did he attack, who may have been too scared to come forward?
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/n...years-1-106038

DNA trapped him nine years later

DAMNING DNA evidence revealed that Stephen Snowden was the man behind the A1 rape. But he was never questioned originally about the crime it was only after he was arrested for petty theft almost ten years later that police could make the connection.
Under new police rules, a DNA sample is taken from every person who is arrested, regardless of the nature of the alleged offence. The sample is sent off to laboratories in Birmingham for analysis and then the DNA profile is fed into a computer.
This then matches the profile to any crimes where forensic evidence giving a DNA profile has been gathered. With the exception of identical twins, the complete DNA of each individual is unique.
DNA is the genetic material found within the cell nuclei of all living things, and as such is an identification code. With the exception of identical twins, the complete DNA of each individual is unique.
Snowden, from Wimbledon in South London, was arrested for stealing a bottle of whiskey. A routine forensic test revealed that his DNA matched swabs taken from the victim following the rape in 1991.
Following the jurys verdict, Detective Sergeant Sean Gladwell, of Cambridgeshire police, said: This case has two very clear messages for criminals.

Firstly, it demonstrates the power and irrefutability of forensic science in identifying those who commit serious crime in this case nine years after the fact. Secondly, it demonstrates that no matter how many years elapse, we will continue to investigate crimes and will not stop until we have caught up with the offender and brought him, or her, to court.

Another shocking case from the UK was Antoni Imiela who is a perverted attacker who started raping women and children as young as 10yrs old in 1987 and became known as the M25 rapist as all his attacks where around the M25 motorway around London. This is yet another case where 'if only' his DNA was on records, many women and young girls may have been spared the disgusting attacks which started25 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html
Quote.......
Advances in forensic technology enabled cold-case detectives to identify a minute trace of DNA that Imiela left at the scene of the 1987 attack.

The case revealed that his appalling history of sexual violence began 14 years earlier than they originally suspected.

I can only assume that the anger that came out of my comments regarding storing DNA to solve crimes, are from people that have never had a loved one attacked (and God forbid their close loved ones ever meet someone like Antoni Imiela ) else they might be saying, "If only we had DNA records we could find this person"
DNA storage won't prevent attacks - it would just be a means of catching someone after the crime. Unless you're proposing arresting people that have previously been caught for something (any crime) & DNA sampled without them actually committing another offence. Now that is an extremely disturbing thought.

Innocent people have the right to not have their details stored by the state.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
DNA storage won't prevent attacks - it would just be a means of catching someone after the crime. Unless you're proposing arresting people that have previously been caught for something (any crime) & DNA sampled without them actually committing another offence. Now that is an extremely disturbing thought.

Innocent people have the right to not have their details stored by the state.
Personally I think it's slightly naive to not to believe the powers that be will garner this information anyway. At least on a huge proporition of the population.

Probably better to be public about it.

IE: I've not signed any official secrets act and not giving away anything when I say... Mail services are definitely used to gather information on targets.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 3rd 2012 at 3:15 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Personally I think it's slightly naive to not to believe the powers that be will garner this information anyway.

Probably better to be public about it.
So you'd rather just be compliant & hand over the DNA, because the authorities are going to get it anyway? Personally, I'd rather not be that apathetic about it.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:16 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
in OZ in particluar the amount of info they have on the average citizen and the tracking they do it disturbing already.
A thousand times worse in US and UK. The Australian surveillance state is twee compared to those two.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

So you'd rather just be compliant & hand over the DNA, because the authorities are going to get it anyway? Personally, I'd rather not be that apathetic about it.
Like it or not it will happen... most likely under innoculation schemes.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Like it or not it will happen... most likely under innoculation schemes.
Not if enough people are willing to fight it.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:21 am
Banned

Mass DNA collection by force would lower the country down into the sort of place you simply wouldn't want to live. Certain people would of course be exempt, so not everyone would be on it, and as you rightly point out most of these psychos are known to police anyway - as indeed was the case in this latest horror.

I for one would never submit to having my DNA taken so it would have to be taken by force - which they do - consider that for a moment. A decent innocent man pinned to the ground with a boot in his face while state officials violate his body for his personal DNA. Most depressing is that otherwise intelligent people can be so stupid to support this without realising where it will end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.