Animal cruelty

Old Jan 30th 2010, 3:41 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animal cruelty

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Find me some similar examples of what has been reported here in the past few months that have happened in the UK. Yes there is cruelty everywhere, but in 'my experience', it's worse in Australia.

Or is this another case of 'How dare you knock Australia in any way? It's bloody Nirvana here'.

For gods sake people, Australia DOES have some negative aspects you know.
There you go, hope these examples are good enough for you, although cruelty is cruelty isnt it ? Oh and for the record Im not saying UK is worse than Aus just that they are both as bad !! So why dont you try curbing your rudeness next time you reply to someone.

http://www.theratbook.com/Articles/A...t_be_locked_up

http://www.theratbook.com/Articles/A...torture_videos

http://www.theratbook.com/Articles/A..._the_microwave

http://www.theratbook.com/Articles/A..._for_christmas

Last edited by sel; Jan 30th 2010 at 4:37 am.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:06 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say that Australia has a farming history where animals are either useful or for eating.

Our Family are seen as odd as our dogs live in the house and sleep in our bedroom, and I think it sad when I see other dogs that are basically neglected burglar alarms.

Some of it is pure ignorance too...a lack of understanding and knowledge of the needs and wants of our companion animals and viewing them as a disposable commodity with no emotions attached.

The Roo thing is weird....at first. They are classed as vermin here, much the same as Pigeons in the U.K.......but just happen to be furry and attractive looking, plus they come with that Skippy/Australian icon background which blurs the lines a bit.

I think it's just another Cultural difference and a shock for us U.K born people as we are a Nation af sooks when it comes to animals.

Jan
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've had first hand experience of this.My ex aussie FIL used to keep a dog.Yep it was tied up all day.Ok it had water and got fed once a day but whats the point in dog ownership when you keep a dog like a prisoner????
When we first brought a dog,my aussie ex OH tried to put his foot down,insisting "Dogs are outside animals"and tried telling me the dog would not be allowed inside the house.Yeah right!!!I'm afraid I was brought up with dogs that were treated with the utmost respect(as all animals should be)and yes our dog was inside most of the time,went outside when it wanted,got walked daily,and was cherished.When I left my OH and Oz,it broke my heart to leave our dog with him.I'm still not over it now and that was 10 years ago.What did OH do?Built a hideous run for our dog,kept it in there 24/7,and a brown snake entered the run,and yes our dog died of snake bite.I spent all day crying over that.We also had a cat while we were together,one day I opened the front door,to find our cat laying there blood pouring out its neck.We rushed it to the vet,and to our horror was told it had been shot!!!Nice one!Yes he survived and shortly afterwards other people in our town told me their cats had died of gun shot wounds.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Some people here should try visiting Asia or the Middle East for some incite into real animal cruelty, not just creating threads in a vain attempt to slag Aussies off....
Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Some people here should try visiting Asia or the Middle East for some incite into real animal cruelty, not just creating threads in a vain attempt to slag Aussies off....

And there we go!!!!

I've never been to the Middle East, and have never personally experienced it when in Asia. Like I said (a few times now...) this is about my personal experience of animal cruelty in Australia.

This thread wasn't a comparison discussion, just a discussion of what people have experienced while being in Oz.

Some people are so bloody predictable.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

SunshineSeeker is an unknown quantity at this point

I for one find this thread very interesting as I am hoping to move to Oz and bring my 3 cats with me, so it would be good to know if they're likely to get shot at! As this is in the Australia section why is there a problem discussing animal cruelty in australia? If we wanted to discuss other countries we'd go on other forums. We're not saying bad things don't happen in the UK, but from what people are saying it would appear that animals in general are viewed in terms of their usefullness in Australia rather than as companions / part of the family as they often are in the UK.
Can people say how they've found things in the area they live, so we can get an idea of whether some areas are worse than others?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:08 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SunshineSeeker
I for one find this thread very interesting as I am hoping to move to Oz and bring my 3 cats with me, so it would be good to know if they're likely to get shot at! As this is in the Australia section why is there a problem discussing animal cruelty in australia? If we wanted to discuss other countries we'd go on other forums. We're not saying bad things don't happen in the UK, but from what people are saying it would appear that animals in general are viewed in terms of their usefullness in Australia rather than as companions / part of the family as they often are in the UK.
Can people say how they've found things in the area they live, so we can get an idea of whether some areas are worse than others?
don't expect people to be happy if you let your cats p*ss, sh*t and stroll all over other people's yards..
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by copa
don't expect people to be happy if you let your cats p*ss, sh*t and stroll all over other people's yards..
There's a difference between getting annoyed with animals because of their inconsiderate owners, and then going out and shooting the animals! I currently live opposite a pub and next to a chip shop so there's people that dump all sorts of crap in my garden and make loads of noise but I don't go shooting them (although I can't say I haven't been tempted!)

If I do take my cats to Oz I think they'll be indoor cats; even in the UK indoor cats live longer, and they don't tend to go out much anyway. I know some areas in Oz say you have to keep cats on your property, so I probably won't have much choice.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:59 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh those naughty cats...strolling through people's yards. There's one that come into my garden and sits on top of my shed! The bare faced cheek of it
Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

It's the ones that sneak through the cat flap and eat our cats' food that are the real troublemakers over here!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

People who are cruel to animals often turn out to be wife beaters or serial killers. If a cat walking through your yard upsets you, it may be time to think about some anger management therapy.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
People who are cruel to animals often turn out to be wife beaters or serial killers. If a cat walking through your yard upsets you, it may be time to think about some anger management therapy.
I've spent a lot of money and time creating a native bird habitat in my backyard, including endangered plants and landscaping.. the birdlife i get is improving all the time.

Cats in my yard kill the birds or scare them away.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:56 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Oh those naughty cats...strolling through people's yards. There's one that come into my garden and sits on top of my shed! The bare faced cheek of it
My cat climbed onto the windowsill and flashed his ginger penis at a passing dog, he then yelled insults from the window and stuck his two paws up.

Now that is a cheek.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:35 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I've spent a lot of money and time creating a native bird habitat in my backyard, including endangered plants and landscaping.. the birdlife i get is improving all the time.

Cats in my yard kill the birds or scare them away.
Fair enough. I can understand, the birds here are simply amazing.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Ok, one of my cats definately needs locking up - she brought a pidgeon (well, technically a dove) in today. Managed to get it and relocate it to our local vet, where it seemed to recover from the shock and fly two circuits of the vet's room. Had a wound on its neck but will hopefully be alright. It wouldn't be so bad if she actually ate any of the creatures she catches, it would save some money on cat food!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.