Animal cruelty

Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Animal cruelty

Look at the way Australia treats human asylum seekers...did you expect better treatment of animals?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:29 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
They shoot horses, don't they?
Random? The police shoot horses?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by copa
They can "roll"/"hobble" around ... I've seen it a few times in Canberra .. not a pretty site.

If they still have one working leg they can rip your guts out with one well aimed kick.
LMFAO!

Good grief do you know how bloody ridiculous you sound. The thing had a broken leg and was laying by the side of the road. How on earth is it going to 'rip your guts out'.

I know full well how powerful a roo is, and how dangerous they can be for the record.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:39 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
LMFAO!
How on earth is it going to 'rip your guts out'.
ahhh by kicking you with the good leg?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:50 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh by kicking you with the good leg?
While on the ground?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by petensue
You do hear of horrible cases of animal cruelty in the UK but I must say it has been a shock here.

What annoys me is land is being built on so what are the animals meant to do that lived there before?Sue.
Yep would never happen in England, apart from Fox hunting, badger baiting, cock fighting, dog fighting........
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Yep would never happen in England, apart from Fox hunting, badger baiting, cock fighting, dog fighting........
Can't honestly remember the last time I saw reports of any of those, with the exception of fox hunting - which is banned. A rather ridiculous attempt at an argument.

Old Jan 29th 2010, 3:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
They are all illegal though.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:26 am
Just Joined

2coxys will become famous soon enough

I just got back from holiday, i was stood in a que with some aussies there was a toad near by, they all started talking about how they like to hit toads with golf clubs at home
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:30 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 2coxys
I just got back from holiday, i was stood in a que with some aussies there was a toad near by, they all started talking about how they like to hit toads with golf clubs at home
killing cane toads with golf clubs is a good night out in some qld towns...
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:32 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

cane toads are about the only exception I have to killing animals. If I see one in the roads I will run over it, I figure that is a quicker death than clubbing them.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Thankyou for giving another example to my original post.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:37 am
Just Joined

2coxys will become famous soon enough

that was the theme of the conversation
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2coxys
Nonsense . . . the golf clubs would have to be teeny tiny, and even if they were, toads wouldn't be able to 'grip' them as they don't have opposable thumbs . . .
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:42 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I can think of various suburbs which should be put down as feral before they move onto any animals.

But yes, I agree. Australia is painted as some kind of environmental bubble with strict border controls to prevent the ecological system being damaged and our wildlife. Truth is we shoot wild horses and camels from planes, kill roos by the thousands, poison everything else and just build housing everywhere else so they don't stand a chance anyway.

We kill thousands of dogs every year, we allow our pet shops to sell puppy farm animals and have some disgusting abattoirs which would fail most European standards (which are probably about as low as you can get anyhow).

Australia is one of the worst offenders for animal cruelty to my mind. It just shits me even more that we wrap it all up with green paper and label ourselves an eco-tourist destination and proudly cartoon skippy which is sold as meat in supermarkets and koala's which just get shot by feral kids.

What the heck tho hey ? Chuck another snag on the barbie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.