Wikiposts

Anglo Pacific

Old May 29th 2008, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

ckgreenall will become famous soon enough
Default Anglo Pacific

I know there have been numerous threads re shipping companies, however I am looking for peoples experiences with Anglo Pacific?

They have actually quoted us more than other companies but they do appear at 1st glance to be slighty more professional and knowledgeable.

Appreciate any other views.

Chris
Old May 29th 2008, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

MelbourneCityRach will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anglo Pacific

Anglo pacific will match any written quote from a bar bonded company - they are the one's with the little globe logos. This includes excess baggage, etc.

I had kind of a bad experience with them, where they were trashing the company I was looking at (Freedom) and told me not to use them - that was slightly unprofessional but has nothing to do with the quality/safety of their service!
Old May 29th 2008, 5:26 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MelbourneCityRach
Anglo pacific will match any written quote from a bar bonded company - they are the one's with the little globe logos. This includes excess baggage, etc.

I had kind of a bad experience with them, where they were trashing the company I was looking at (Freedom) and told me not to use them - that was slightly unprofessional but has nothing to do with the quality/safety of their service!
hang on - someone said that the other day.

Who was is now?.....erm...
Old May 29th 2008, 10:20 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
hang on - someone said that the other day.

Who was is now?.....erm...
Threads on Anglo Pacific found by searching:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+Pacific+theft

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+Pacific+theft

Search for shipping company and theft.

Old May 29th 2008, 2:18 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Their nickname is "**************". There is your clue . Nuff said.

Gina
Old May 29th 2008, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Goldsmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chris

We used Anglo Pacific and thankfully had no problems what so ever. We shipped over 17 boxes (mainly tea chest size) - 2 of the boxes had computer hard drive/screen/dvd player and other electrical goods, so they put a wood casing around them. They delivered all the packing material and we packed everything - the goods were collected on 5th March and arrived at our home in Townsville on 21st May, 11 weeks to the day. The company over here in Brisbane who took over the shipment were OSS and they were pretty good at emailing me to let me know what the status was with our goods.
Not one thing broken - about 5 of the boxes had been opened by quarantine, due to wooden goods being declared, but they had been re-packed and resealed. So we had no probs with them - can't remember the exact cost, but with insurance it was around £800.

regards
Loraine
Old May 29th 2008, 3:04 pm

There's got to be one person who's had a good experience with them.

I'm helping an English bud up here unpack at the moment... broken stuff and he's convinced there's lost missing ... terrible packing. Stuff all over the place.
Old May 29th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future

We used White and company from uk to Brisbane, then they used a company called Kents, some minor problems in sorting the delivery, but overall excellent, professional both ends in delivering unwrapping. Nothing broken. Though they forgot my lawn mower and left it in customs. had it a week later.
Old May 29th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

I used Anglo Pacific for about 15 tea chests (of the cardboard variety). They brought me the boxes and bubble wrap then collected after I'd packed - everything arrived in Brisbane on time and intact. I'd definitely use them again. Recommended them to my sister but she found someone cheaper and a lot of her stuff arrived broken!
Old May 29th 2008, 8:06 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

We used them for a full 20' container.

All in all an excellent experience. Even large plasmas and some original paintings brilliantly paked in custom made wooden crates.
Old May 29th 2008, 9:35 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
We used them for a full 20' container.

All in all an excellent experience. Even large plasmas and some original paintings brilliantly paked in custom made wooden crates.
"A satisfied customer, we should have him stuffed." - Basil Fawlty.
Old May 29th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough

we used them too bloody great very effecient so good they packed the chrimbo decs we took out as anything wooden like fir cones arent aloud but we got them delivered here in oz good service in and out in ,nothing broken the other end and only waited about 10 weeks for arrival.Dont use pickfords as I just used them for an interstate move several things wrecked good job I had insurance they have just coughed up on the claim but would have rathered my furniture in one piece cheers z
Old May 30th 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

ckgreenall will become famous soon enough

cheers guys for all the responses...

a mixed bag it would appear... which seems to be the case with most of the shipping companies.

We have had quotes from Ango P, PSS & Pickfords and can't really see much differecne between them.....
Old May 30th 2008, 1:03 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Their nickname is "**************". There is your clue . Nuff said.

Gina
Polly currently has her hands tied firmly behind her so that she can't post on this thread.................
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Polly currently has her hands tied firmly behind her so that she can't post on this thread.................
Gagged! Terrible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.