Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anaconda 20% off sale

Wikiposts

Anaconda 20% off sale

Old Oct 17th 2007, 5:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anaconda 20% off sale

Anaconda outdoor store in Joondalup - one of the few reasons I ever venture up there - is having a 20% off everything sale, including sale items.
I might pop up there after work.

http://www.anaconda.com.au/

Last edited by Amazulu; Oct 17th 2007 at 5:22 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 5:22 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anaconda 20% off sale

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Anaconda outdoor store in Joondalup - one of the few reasons I ever venture up there - is having a 20% off everything sale, including sale items.
I might pop up there after work.
Nice one Amazulu, I love that shop. I get a "chubby" whenever I go there.

If you take your kids make sure they have closed toe shoes and they can have a go on the climbing wall.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 5:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Nice one Amazulu, I love that shop. I get a "chubby" whenever I go there.

If you take your kids make sure they have closed toe shoes and they can have a go on the climbing wall.
It's a great store but not great enough to get a semi!
Australia does this stuff so much better than the UK.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:13 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We will probably be there sometime tonight, but without the lump in my pocket. I saw from the train last night that the big new shop being built in that same area near Bunnings will be a BCF. That is great news as they are a lot cheaper than Anaconda and Ranger so no need to traipse down to Balcatta anymore. Having all three of those shops within a few metres of each other should help keep the prices down too.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by worzel
We will probably be there sometime tonight, but without the lump in my pocket. I saw from the train last night that the big new shop being built in that same area near Bunnings will be a BCF. That is great news as they are a lot cheaper than Anaconda and Ranger so no need to traipse down to Balcatta anymore. Having all three of those shops within a few metres of each other should help keep the prices down too.
BCF is good too. Ranger is very expensive - I think they are franchises. I see Cargills in Vic Park - one of the last independent camping stores in Perth - closed down recently after 60 years in business. But that's progress.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:44 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
BCF is good too. Ranger is very expensive - I think they are franchises. I see Cargills in Vic Park - one of the last independent camping stores in Perth - closed down recently after 60 years in business. But that's progress.
Anaconda is weird on prices. They have a lot of stuff which is expensive but always a few lines at dirt cheap prices to tempt you in the door. I guess you just need to go in every now and then and only pick up things you really need that are on special. BCF is consistently cheaper than both and more for the boatie.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:32 pm
A former regular of BE

This is not something you will hear me say very often, but I enjoyed shopping yesterday. We bought a campers kitchen (cos Tracey has one!) and click-lock flooring (cos Tracey has one of them too!) plus a snorkel set (I don't know if Tracey goes down) in Anaconda.

The new BCF looks only days away from opening. The shop looked fully stocked and they seemed to be training staff to use the tills.

Then we went to Ranger where we were outnumbered 3 to 1 by staff - they must be really suffering with all the extra competion. Generally their prices are higher but they are far more knowledgable. There we bought a portaloo (cos Sindy has one) and a gas bottle and pipe to run the cooking stove off rather than little propane cylinders that only last an hour or so.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

This is not something you will hear me say very often, but I enjoyed shopping yesterday. We bought a campers kitchen (cos Tracey has one!) and click-lock flooring (cos Tracey has one of them too!) plus a snorkel set (I don't know if Tracey goes down) in Anaconda.

The new BCF looks only days away from opening. The shop looked fully stocked and they seemed to be training staff to use the tills.

Then we went to Ranger where we were outnumbered 3 to 1 by staff - they must be really suffering with all the extra competion. Generally their prices are higher but they are far more knowledgable. There we bought a portaloo (cos Sindy has one) and a gas bottle and pipe to run the cooking stove off rather than little propane cylinders that only last an hour or so.
It was an evening of open wallet surgery! Bought an Engel fridge with a whole heap of extras - package was just over a grand. Definite bargain. Also got a Black Wolf Turbo Lite tent for just over $600 - another bargain. This tent only takes a few minutes to put up and the quality is top notch. I could have spent a whole lot more but maxed out the credit card limit!
I get what you mean about their prices. Some things are heavily discounted and with 20% as well they are real bargains - hence the tent and fridge. Other stuff is very expensive - even with 20% off. I was looking at accessories for my Magellan GPS and even with 20% off they are way more expensive than ebay. It's a great store though.

Last edited by Amazulu; Oct 18th 2007 at 6:18 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:13 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Only if it's been in water first

I've just bought some new sexy underwear - are you going to buy some of that too
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:11 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Only if it's been in water first

I've just bought some new sexy underwear - are you going to buy some of that too
Dunno. Post some photos and I will let you know what I think
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:13 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno. Post some photos and I will let you know what I think
oooerrrrr matron