Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

American's are NOT stupid..... you tube

American's are NOT stupid..... you tube

Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default American's are NOT stupid..... you tube

Apols if you've already seen this.... and I know there are plenty of these guys in all countries - but there are some funny answers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:13 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: American's are NOT stupid..... you tube

Asking a black man about KFC? Bloody racist Aussies!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:13 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Asking a black man about KFC? Bloody racist Aussies!
Joke right?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Joke right?
I was doing deadpan again.

Hard to tell but the bloke did look slightly taken aback for a second.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

CNNN was a bit like the Chaser and there are a number of these - they were shown on TV a year or two ago.
Scary how little the Americans knew of the world they believe they run!

Still I was at American summer camp some years ago- and the other counsellors were impressed at my spoken English, as I came from another country- England....never made the connection!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 9:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pomster
CNNN was a bit like the Chaser and there are a number of these - they were shown on TV a year or two ago.
Scary how little the Americans knew of the world they believe they run!

Still I was at American summer camp some years ago- and the other counsellors were impressed at my spoken English, as I came from another country- England....never made the connection!
A friend of mine had the same experience. They commented on how good his English was. He told them that they taught in all the schools in England to facilitate trade with America.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 9:35 pm
Banned

Very Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant futureVery Happy has a brilliant future

40% of Americans can't find the U.S on an atlas, about says it all really.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
A friend of mine had the same experience. They commented on how good his English was. He told them that they taught in all the schools in England to facilitate trade with America.
When I explained the link between England and English, they were still bemused as English was the language of US.....ie they seem to think they had it first!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pomster
When I explained the link between England and English, they were still bemused as English was the language of US.....ie they seem to think they had it first!
Yeah. I came across that. I worked in the US for about 12 months and although the people I worked with were smart enough I did meet a lot of dumb people when I was out and about. I found quite a lot of them couldn't tell the difference between England and New England.

Having said that, I do not think there are more dumb people in America than other countries, I think they just stand out more for some reason. Maybe they're more vocal. Abroad I guess it's because more of the dumb ones can afford intercontinental travel. Obviously the sketch in the OP has been edited to exclude the smarter ones.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Feb 6th 2010 at 7:59 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

That video's had 22 million views on Youtube. It's amusing reading some of the comments from defensive Americans claiming that this was edited and biased. I guess they didn't realise it was made for a comedy show.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Crow
Apols if you've already seen this.... and I know there are plenty of these guys in all countries - but there are some funny answers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
Hilarious! Although you can obviously cherry pick people with bad general knowledge in ANY country in this world. Americans are no more ignorant of the world than most Australians IMO.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Budawang
That video's had 22 million views on Youtube. It's amusing reading some of the comments from defensive Americans claiming that this was edited and biased. I guess they didn't realise it was made for a comedy show.
Americans don't really do self-deprecating humour. They just see it as rude.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I like Americans. Most that I have met have been very open and friendly. When I travelled in Alaska, people would put us up in their homes, cook us dinner etc. One guy even took us up in his floatplane.

Top people, great country.