Amazon incoming ...

Old Jan 18th 2018, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon incoming ...

We are getting an average total of 70 Amazon AU parcels a day, that's both Courier and Postie across our 20 postcode region. That's an average of just over 3 per postcode.

Conversely, we average about 600 Book Depository parcels per day and they come all the way from Swindon.

I guess the only way is up.

Can't wait to see how they handle their much-hyped "Prime"

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 18th 2018 at 11:11 am.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Still quiet on the Amazon front. Not seen a great increase in parcels. APost is going from strength to strength now. Redundancy packages are now totally off the table as of yesterday night.

I dont understand why technology has not taken my job at this late stage or why Apost doesn't seem to be able to find itself a decent competitor.

BTW ..... Dominoes could be delivering your Amazon prime Parcels via Apost in the not too distant future. There are that few items they could easily handle a 12 hour delivery in Melbourne at least.

So prep yourself for Apost to take over Dominoes Pizzas..... I kid you not or at least a very close business relationship.

BTW Christine Holgate is now going to change all of the Trucks from Blue (Startrack) back to Red (Aus Post)..... and maybe give us a mid EBA wage rise.

I guess the Union can praise itself on seeing Ahmed off at least.

Funny innit, but now Ahmed is gone Apost is suddenly a very profitable institution once more..... The books have stopped being cooked and the future is all roses.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 20th 2018 at 1:37 am.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 1:43 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Still quiet on the Amazon front. Not seen a great increase in parcels. APost is going from strength to strength now. Redundancy packages are now totally off the table as of yesterday night.
Amazon still haven't done the job properly. Marketplace stuff is never going to set the world alight, mainly because it just reflects poor Oz retail.

I dont understand why technology has not taken my job at this late stage or why Apost doesn't seem to be able to find itself a decent competitor.
General lack of imagination. I worked out a model for wiping auspost's clock years back, but unless they are copying others Australian business seems very lacking in innovation.

BTW ..... Dominoes could be delivering your Amazon prime Parcels via Apost in the not too distant future. There are that few items they could easily handle a 12 hour delivery in Melbourne at least.

So prep yourself for Apost to take over Dominoes Pizzas..... I kid you not or at least a very close business relationship.
Dominoes taking over auspost instead? ......

BTW Christine Holgate is now going to change all of the Trucks from Blue back to Red..... and maybe give us a mid EBA wage rise.
She seems to think she is going to expand into china ...
Old Mar 20th 2018, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

APost is going from strength to strength now. Redundancy packages are now totally off the table as of yesterday night.

For Ahmed Fahour it was never about saving money, it was all about making money.

That's why he was paid so much and made so much money for Oz post.

Remember, saving costs is finite, making money is infinite.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
For Ahmed Fahour it was never about saving money, it was all about making money.

That's why he was paid so much and made so much money for Oz post.

Remember, saving costs is finite, making money is infinite.
Under Ahmed all you got was how much Auspost was losing..... All of that was a lie, which has now been totally exposed. Twas a book cooking exercise with Startrack as the Vehicle.

Startrack, the means with which he was going to split Apost is now going to be fully absorbed..... and unionised

Thankfully he ran Startrack so cheap, that the underpaid undervalued employees behaved as underpaid and undervalued employees and made Startrack totally unreliable and in fact totally negligent. That's now changing.

I think you'll find in the future Coles delivery may well be taking Amazon items via Apost as well.

Christine Holgate has been spending a lot of time at the Brunswick West Victorian head office branch of the CEPU negotiating and mapping out a future direction........ Everyone is getting along real well at present, lots of cooperation at last.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 20th 2018 at 2:17 am.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Under Ahmed all you got was how much Auspost was losing..... All of that was a lie, which has now been totally exposed. Twas a book cooking exercise with Startrack as the Vehicle.

Startrack, the means with which he was going to split Apost is now going to be fully absorbed..... and unionised

Thankfully he ran Startrack so cheap, that the underpaid undervalued employees behaved as underpaid and undervalued employees and made Startrack totally unreliable and in fact totally negligent. That's now changing.

I think you'll find in the future Coles delivery may well be taking Amazon items via Apost as well.

Christine Holgate has been spending a lot of time at the Brunswick West Victorian head office branch of the CEPU negotiating and mapping out a future direction........ Everyone is getting along real well at present, lots of cooperation at last.
And he was losing a lot at the beginning of his rule. No secrets there. But that was his job, to turn it around, and he did it, and it was money well spent.

Unfortunately the PM had to give him the flick because the shallow, narrow minds out there only looked at the salary figure, and couldn't process its worth.

One of the problems with the current government is they do not how to communicate economic concepts to the simple man on the street.

Good to see the union and company working together. Unlike a union to want to work on future directions. They must have been reading BE.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Amazon is really starting to fly now.
Getting more items than Book Depository and eBay.

6 day delivery week coming for salaried Postal workers I reckon this financial year. Has to.... Carrying parcels over almost every day now, Something has to give.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 7th 2018 at 12:00 am.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 12:13 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

6 day delivery week coming for salaried Postal workers I reckon this financial year. Has to.... Carrying parcels over almost every day now, Something has to give.
With the GST heist coming in, plenty were putting in orders to Amazon US before the end of June, and since then the 'order from the US via AU with no postage' offering has been undercutting the usual naff Aus 3rd parties. Upshot it to make them more credible. Still not credible enough on the pricing, but not as bad as at the beginning.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:38 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Just ordered something off Ebay that has to come from the UK, and 10% GST was added on when order confirmed, but there was also a code that knocked 10% off as well though so ends up even stevens and they collect the GST as per ScoMo's desire. It does raise questions with me as to why Amazon cannot manage to do this with all their systems if buying from US/UK Amazon sites. Seems like a bit protection for Australian Amazon site or a protest to the Government. Over time, something will probably change.

Still not overly impressed with the Oz Amazon site range and prices, especially the Kindle store range which is more down to publishing rights than availability.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 7:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon AU are starting to show some genuinely excellent pricing. Prime is going to be a big pull
Old Jul 7th 2018, 7:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Although there are a lot of international retailers cooperating with the feds on GST, there are some that aren't

Shop around
Old Jul 7th 2018, 7:33 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

In europe, amazon operates sites in most countries, and prices differ, to the extent that there are 3rd party amazon price comparison websites, so eg i buy a coffee machine from amazon gernamy cause its a few hundred less than in the uk. Your uk account is copied to all the other sites, including the usa .com site, so you can order from anywhere, and you pay shipping and duty if applicable, but its a great system. Marketplace resellers dont have to ship to your country if they dont want to but they usually do and amazon always does...
Old Jul 7th 2018, 10:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
In europe, amazon operates sites in most countries, and prices differ, to the extent that there are 3rd party amazon price comparison websites, so eg i buy a coffee machine from amazon gernamy cause its a few hundred less than in the uk. Your uk account is copied to all the other sites, including the usa .com site, so you can order from anywhere, and you pay shipping and duty if applicable, but its a great system. Marketplace resellers dont have to ship to your country if they dont want to but they usually do and amazon always does...
Thats the problem in Aus now though. We CANNOT order from anywhere. Only from the Aus site, which is seriously deficient in many areas.
The majority of us have been using Amazon's European sites for years, quite happily, till the government stuck its oar in.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 10:13 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Its easy.

There are plenty of US companies who will maintain a us po box for you - for free - and charge you to onward ship to you, end of issue. I also have friends who do this if needed in texas.

Have you tried to open an account with amazon.com - i had one at one stage with a uk address - seemed to work but it was a few years ago.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 12:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Its easy.

There are plenty of US companies who will maintain a us po box for you - for free - and charge you to onward ship to you, end of issue. I also have friends who do this if needed in texas.

Have you tried to open an account with amazon.com - i had one at one stage with a uk address - seemed to work but it was a few years ago.
I don't wish to buy from the USA, I wish to buy from the UK. My UK account works on both, of course. However without a VPN people in Aus can no longer even reach the US/UK sites, they are redirected to the australian fiasco. I cannot even buy from Amazon UK for delivery within the UK without a VPN
I can get round it, I have a VPN and have family in the UK who will forward stuff but it is a pain for them and for me.
If you read the other Amazon thread we've done all the options to death.

I object to the restriction of free trade. Ebay can deal with the GST issue, so why are Amazon so incompetent and restricted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.