Amazon incoming ...

Old Jun 7th 2019, 12:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon incoming ...

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
BTW Coles still does Clothing in some stores. Your closest one would be Pacific Fair or Nerang I think MP,

https://www.coles.com.au/customer-service/mixapparel
It was shit when it was in my local Coles, I don't need to go looking, especially not in Nerang but thanks. Strange choice of stores.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It was shit when it was in my local Coles, I don't need to go looking, especially not in Nerang but thanks. Strange choice of stores.
Oh, I'd love to know what's wrong with Nerang to for my own reasons. I've been asked to consider living there by certain family members who reside there. Not that I'm going to, way down the list. Sounds like it could be the Gold Coasts version of Melbourne's Melton? I'll let you know if you describe it your way.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 3:00 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They tried that a few years back. It failed. Don't disagree with your points, just thought I'd mention this bit.
How did they manage to screw that up?

I mean, the model was right there in front of them, and it's hardly difficult to do.

As for the delivery staff issue, I do wonder if they are waiting for autonomous vehicles to really put the knife to auspost. They could certainly do a "pick up your mail as the same time as your spuds" service already, and as autonomous comes along they can switch their primary service to delivery and reduce the expensive store space down to basically warehousing. It's not as if anyone will mourn the passing of auspost.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 3:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'd love to know what's wrong with Nerang to for my own reasons. I've been asked to consider living there by certain family members who reside there. .
Old Jun 8th 2019, 10:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'd love to know what's wrong with Nerang to for my own reasons. I've been asked to consider living there by certain family members who reside there. Not that I'm going to, way down the list. Sounds like it could be the Gold Coasts version of Melbourne's Melton? I'll let you know if you describe it your way.
There are bits that are lovely, old neighbours of ours moved to a retirement complex out that way and it's gorgeous - hinterland, but there are more bits that are shit BUT there are levels of shit obviously and some people, depending on where they're from, may think it's great. If you have relatives there who you like and get on with, it may be a good place to be. It's a fairly nebulous feeling to be honest. I hate the expression but I guess it's more bogan than most of the coast.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

I mean, the model was right there in front of them, and it's hardly difficult to do.

As for the delivery staff issue, I do wonder if they are waiting for autonomous vehicles to really put the knife to auspost. They could certainly do a "pick up your mail as the same time as your spuds" service already, and as autonomous comes along they can switch their primary service to delivery and reduce the expensive store space down to basically warehousing. It's not as if anyone will mourn the passing of auspost.
Uber Taxi, Uber Eats, Uber Post. There must not be a market for it.

As for mourning the passing of Oz Post, my local post office decided they would not open on Saturdays. There was local up roar. The local MP's got involved and its remained open on Saturdays.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Another 20 years at least before autonomous vehcles of any type make any impact on Aus Post IMO. Probably more like 30 years.... Apparently we're supposed to be extinct by then according to some reports.

Old Jun 11th 2019, 9:55 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Another 20 years at least before autonomous vehcles of any type make any impact on Aus Post IMO. Probably more like 30 years.... Apparently we're supposed to be extinct by then according to some reports.
Well, we know the drones are already on their way. And I'd say within 5-7 years and autonomous road borne deliveries will be a thing. Unlike auspost, they will deliver in the evenings when people are around. Think parcel locker on wheels.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, we know the drones are already on their way. And I'd say within 5-7 years and autonomous road borne deliveries will be a thing. Unlike auspost, they will deliver in the evenings when people are around. Think parcel locker on wheels.

I think you'll find Aus Post will be delivering in the Evenings by then. Talking about same day delivery, in fact they are definitely rolling it out now. So with that same day, I would imagine that would have to include evening delivery. Thats coming with these 5 new parcel centers around the Melbourne Burbs.

Uber just had a big unveling of their drone taxi in Melbourne. The thing they didn't take into account was the fact that they will not be allowed to land at Melbourne Airport.... even after they had announced it. Looks like they are about to find that out.

Melbourne Helicopters failed with their taxi service to the airport over regulations and even with their patrons being able to afford the landing fees, it all became too hard.

I agree the Tech is probably capable, but there are so many obstacles, re drone delivery, with the biggest being public acceptance. I think it's time to invent the acroynym..... NOMH..... Not Over My House

If they ever do manage drone delivery, your suburb of Point Cook will be almost top of the list, as I've mentioned before, there are more parcels per head of population delivered there than anywhere else in Victoria at least and probably Australia. If it doesn't happen in your area it wont happen anywhere.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 11th 2019 at 11:09 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find Aus Post will be delivering in the Evenings by then. Talking about same day delivery, in fact they are definitely rolling it out now. So with that same day, I would imagine that would have to include evening delivery. Thats coming with these 5 new parcel centers around the Melbourne Burbs.
I am surprised they don't already do this. After hours delivery on roads with less traffic allowing the ability to drop more off even if there is a penalty rate involved has got to be more productive.

Uber just had a big unveling of their drone taxi in Melbourne. The thing they didn't take into account was the fact that they will not be allowed to land at Melbourne Airport.... even after they had announced it. Looks like they are about to find that out.

Melbourne Helicopters failed with their taxi service to the airport over regulations and even with their patrons being able to afford the landing fees, it all became too hard.

I agree the Tech is probably capable, but there are so many obstacles, re drone delivery, with the biggest being public acceptance. I think it's time to invent the acroynym..... NOMH..... Not Over My House

If they ever do manage drone delivery, your suburb of Point Cook will be almost top of the list, as I've mentioned before, there are more parcels per head of population delivered there than anywhere else in Victoria at least and probably Australia. If it doesn't happen in your area it wont happen anywhere.
https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft/sta...one-safety-app

You can barely fly a drone anywhere in the cities. There's a good app to find out the minimal spots droning is acceptable.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
I am surprised they don't already do this. After hours delivery on roads with less traffic allowing the ability to drop more off even if there is a penalty rate involved has got to be more productive.

I doubt if one in 10 of current full time staff probably less would be willing to work in the evenings, so this will have to be a way of encouraging our current part time staff, or the remaining people left on contract to go fulltime with penalties on evening shifts.

The reason delivery is failing across the board, is lack of reliable staffing and the only way you are going to get that is with financial incentive. They've tried dropping the wages and instilling contracts which basically just became a race to the bottom... .... Now with Christine Holgates "people first" philosophy well and truly instilled across the network we'll see if wages and conditions brings back the realiability Aus Post had through the 70's 80's and early 90's.

The 3 knock rule is now well and truly in place across the whole delivery network. Anyone that doesn't receive 3 knocks on their door from their "bike or foot" that is core posties, has a real right to complain. They've achieved this by taking away the timing of rounds. Now it needs to spread to the van posties..... some of whom are becoming full time non contract labour as they begin to prove their realiabilty and value.

The ones that dont make the grade can go over to private enterprise.... It' amusing to see what Toll has as employees as the result of this revaluing of Aus Post staff.

Must find out what progress is being made in Sydney with their new Parcel hubs.

I think there is going to be some public outcry when they see the next EBA that the Posties acheive.... they've got 12 years to catch up. Christine Holgate is visiting all of the main union offices around the Country to see how they can meet the wants and needs. Something that Ahmed never did.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 12th 2019 at 4:59 am.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I doubt if one in 10 of current full time staff probably less would be willing to work in the evenings, so this will have to be a way of encouraging our current part time staff, or the remaining people left on contract to go fulltime with penalties on evening shifts.
This is where your union should be proactive, working with Oz Post to define what benefits both the business and the worker. There certainly should be incentives to be had should productivity and profits increase. I am pretty sure Oz Post are aware of what it costs to have a driver sitting in day time traffic or more importantly, how much more they could be delivering should they be constantly on the move. Time = money.

Your union could be right in the mix here benefiting Oz Post with ideas.

The reason delivery is failing across the board, is lack of reliable staffing and the only way you are going to get that is with financial incentive. They've tried dropping the wages and instilling contracts which basically just became a race to the bottom... .... Now with Christine Holgates "people first" philosophy well and truly instilled across the network we'll see if wages and conditions brings back the realiability Aus Post had through the 70's 80's and early 90's.

The 3 knock rule is now well and truly in place across the whole delivery network. Anyone that doesn't receive 3 knocks on their door from their "bike or foot" that is core posties, has a real right to complain. They've achieved this by taking away the timing of rounds. Now it needs to spread to the van posties..... some of whom are becoming full time non contract labour as they begin to prove their realiabilty and value.

The ones that dont make the grade can go over to private enterprise.... It' amusing to see what Toll has as employees as the result of this revaluing of Aus Post staff.

Must find out what progress is being made in Sydney with their new Parcel hubs.

I think there is going to be some public outcry when they see the next EBA that the Posties acheive.... they've got 12 years to catch up. Christine Holgate is visiting all of the main union offices around the Country to see how they can meet the wants and needs. Something that Ahmed never did.
Ahmed never had to. He was there to position Oz Post into a money making business. He achieved his aim. Sounds like Holgate needs to take it to the next level which unsurprisingly enough, can't be done with a sorting machine or a drone.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 11:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

As long as any pay rises come out of productivity and efficiency gains and AP can still make a profit then it's all good. If not and they come at the taxpayers and consumers expense, then no. In that case it would need to be privatised
Old Jun 12th 2019, 12:53 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

I think you'll find Aus Post will be delivering in the Evenings by then. Talking about same day delivery, in fact they are definitely rolling it out now. So with that same day, I would imagine that would have to include evening delivery.
I doubt if one in 10 of current full time staff probably less would be willing to work in the evenings,
Err, I think you just pointed out why autonomous delivery is going to be the future. No good saying that auspost is going to be doing it, then saying "but the postie won't".

I think there is going to be some public outcry when they see the next EBA that the Posties acheive.... they've got 12 years to catch up.
I think if you think there's going to be any increase in postage accepted by the public, you've another think coming. Frankly the overcharging is going to have to fall, which is going to mean less money for the humans going forward. Trying to push for more money in the current situation is suicide.

As we covered in the past, a drone or autonomous van can be much more cost effective than a current postie or startrack bod.

Public acceptance is as complex as UberEats. Most of the time people wouldn't even know the drone was flying over, and as for the autonomous parcel locker van ...

As I say, I'd be looking to put together a service with minimal people if I were the supermarket of today.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Err, I think you just pointed out why autonomous delivery is going to be the future. No good saying that auspost is going to be doing it, then saying "but the postie won't".

I think if you think there's going to be any increase in postage accepted by the public, you've another think coming. Frankly the overcharging is going to have to fall, which is going to mean less money for the humans going forward. Trying to push for more money in the current situation is suicide.

As we covered in the past, a drone or autonomous van can be much more cost effective than a current postie or startrack bod.

Public acceptance is as complex as UberEats. Most of the time people wouldn't even know the drone was flying over, and as for the autonomous parcel locker van ...

As I say, I'd be looking to put together a service with minimal people if I were the supermarket of today.

Here's yet another start up, there have been at least 6 in my time. They will fail for one reason only. Pay Peanuts and attact Monkeys.

Everyone feel free to give them a go.

https://try.sendle.com/small-busines...QaAjydEALw_wcB

I must have missed that Autonmous parcel locker van..... didn't register when I read your post yesterday and it found it's way out of my subconcious overnight.... as I honestly thought during the night I'd come up with something new.

Have you seen that idea put forward anywhere yet.... if not patent it... It will work.

That really is the way to go ... To the address not to the door, with Uber or Didi style notification and tracking, To the door is a bridge to far, trust me on this.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 12th 2019 at 11:00 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.