Amazon incoming ...

Old Jul 8th 2018, 11:57 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon incoming ...

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I don't wish to buy from the USA, I wish to buy from the UK. My UK account works on both, of course. However without a VPN people in Aus can no longer even reach the US/UK sites, they are redirected to the australian fiasco. I cannot even buy from Amazon UK for delivery within the UK without a VPN
I can get round it, I have a VPN and have family in the UK who will forward stuff but it is a pain for them and for me.
If you read the other Amazon thread we've done all the options to death.
I object to the restriction of free trade. Ebay can deal with the GST issue, so why are Amazon so incompetent and restricted.

No problems with that for me. I'm currently buying using my Amazon UK account, using UK bank account and UK delivery address. Are you using the same three combinations as I am?
I have a separate Amazon Australia account, using Australia bank account and Australia delivery address. Used that once so far with no probs - as can be expected.
I also have a Amazon US account using Australia bank account and Australia delivery address. Been having problems with that over the last six months or so but prior to that (about a year ago) no problems.

I find it a pain having to jump through all these hoops to buy stuff internationally. I find Paypal to sometimes be a bit temperamental.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 2:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
No problems with that for me. I'm currently buying using my Amazon UK account, using UK bank account and UK delivery address. Are you using the same three combinations as I am?
I have a separate Amazon Australia account, using Australia bank account and Australia delivery address. Used that once so far with no probs - as can be expected.
I also have a Amazon US account using Australia bank account and Australia delivery address. Been having problems with that over the last six months or so but prior to that (about a year ago) no problems.

I find it a pain having to jump through all these hoops to buy stuff internationally. I find Paypal to sometimes be a bit temperamental.

I'm currently back home so haven't been able to try it since July 1st. I'm working on what Amazon said, that anyone accessing Amazon UK from Aus would be redirected to the AU site, which is what has been also said throughout the theead. If reality is proving otherwise, I will be a happy shopper when I get back down under.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 6:04 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm currently back home so haven't been able to try it since July 1st. I'm working on what Amazon said, that anyone accessing Amazon UK from Aus would be redirected to the AU site, which is what has been also said throughout the theead. If reality is proving otherwise, I will be a happy shopper when I get back down under.
Yep, I've just now just placed another order with the UK site, it still works

Enjoy the rest of your holiday
Old Jul 11th 2018, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I took a look at Australia's version of Amazon, reminds me of Canada's version a few years ago before Amazon decided to start investing into Canada, we are still not on par with the US or UK but in just the past 3-4 years Amazon has come a long way, so hopefully it will improve for you over time as well.

Looking at the site, some prices look decent at least from a Canadian perspective, but others seem high, not sure if this is norm or Amazon's weird pricing they can have.

35 pack of Coca-Cola is listed at $23.85 AUD$ or 0.66 per can. Is this normal pricing for the product in regular stores? (comparison well best I can do as the norm here are 12 packs, but 3 12 packs would run $11.37 CAD$ or 0.31 per can.)

$23.85 AUD$ = $23.21 CAD$ so our currency values are very close, but the price of Coca-Cola seem quite high, unless its just Amazon crazy pricing.

Amazon entered Canada in 2002, but didn't really take off and become useful until 2013/2014, but now we even have same day delivery in certain regions, and hopefully they will grow quicker for you folks.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 11:38 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I took a look at Australia's version of Amazon, reminds me of Canada's version a few years ago before Amazon decided to start investing into Canada, we are still not on par with the US or UK but in just the past 3-4 years Amazon has come a long way, so hopefully it will improve for you over time as well.

Looking at the site, some prices look decent at least from a Canadian perspective, but others seem high, not sure if this is norm or Amazon's weird pricing they can have.

35 pack of Coca-Cola is listed at $23.85 AUD$ or 0.66 per can. Is this normal pricing for the product in regular stores? (comparison well best I can do as the norm here are 12 packs, but 3 12 packs would run $11.37 CAD$ or 0.31 per can.)

$23.85 AUD$ = $23.21 CAD$ so our currency values are very close, but the price of Coca-Cola seem quite high, unless its just Amazon crazy pricing.

Amazon entered Canada in 2002, but didn't really take off and become useful until 2013/2014, but now we even have same day delivery in certain regions, and hopefully they will grow quicker for you folks.
This actually looks to be pretty good value for a bulk buy of coke - in a regular supermarket, a 30 can pack is AU$39, so about $1.30 per can. Much much more in a convenience store - I payed $5 for a can a few weeks ago.

S
Old Jul 12th 2018, 12:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
This actually looks to be pretty good value for a bulk buy of coke - in a regular supermarket, a 30 can pack is AU$39, so about $1.30 per can. Much much more in a convenience store - I payed $5 for a can a few weeks ago.

S
Wow. That is pricey..
Old Jul 12th 2018, 12:41 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Wow. That is pricey..
Cost of living is high, but wages and salaries also high as well - National minimum wage is about $21 I think.

American tourists can't get their heads around it...

S
Old Jul 12th 2018, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Cost of living is high, but wages and salaries also high as well - National minimum wage is about $21 I think.

American tourists can't get their heads around it...

S
I think cost of living is low compared to many places around the world if you look at it via this definition using your information above.

What is 'Cost of Living'

Cost of living is the amount of money needed to sustain a certain level of living, including basic expenses such as housing, food, taxes and health care. Cost of living is often used to compare how expensive it is to live in one city versus another locale. Cost of living is tied to wages, as salary levels are measured against expenses required to maintain a basic standard of living throughout specific geographic regions.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 9:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

S
I've never paid that for a box of coke. Last time I stocked up it was $17 and currently Woolies have the 24 pack on special for $14.10.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

Canada for most things is higher then the US but we appear to be slighly lower then you folks down there.

Really the biggest cost for most in Canada is housing if that were reasonable the overall cost of everyday living isnt too bad.

Min wage varies by province. Anywhere from 11 per hour to 14 per hour.

Biggest problem is housing. The cost to buy or rent housing is high and does not line up with salaries.

Not unusual for housing to eat up 50 plus % of after tax income.

How much does gasoline run for cars?

Its 1.55 to 1.60 liter in Vancouver.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 11:09 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I've never paid that for a box of coke. Last time I stocked up it was $17 and currently Woolies have the 24 pack on special for $14.10.
I don't buy coke, or really go to supermarkets, so I just looked it up on Woolies online to offer a comparison:

Maybe online is more expensive to cover the delivery costs?

S
Old Jul 13th 2018, 10:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't buy coke, or really go to supermarkets, so I just looked it up on Woolies online to offer a comparison:

S
No, they label them that price but I can't imagine anyone buys them at that price. The 30 and 24 packs are pretty much on special on alternate weeks.
Old Jul 13th 2018, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

No, they label them that price but I can't imagine anyone buys them at that price. The 30 and 24 packs are pretty much on special on alternate weeks.
For example, right now this week...... 22.50 AUD, Pepsi is 17.50 AUD for 24 this week as well.

Coca Cola

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 13th 2018 at 6:00 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2018, 11:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Only a moron pays this
Old Jul 14th 2018, 12:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

S
I shop online and can tell you that I pay the same price for multipack coke as I do if I have to carry it home myself.
If you shop online you pay delivery costs on top, they aren't included in the prices of items you buy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.