Reload this Page >

Am I a whingeing pom??

Am I a whingeing pom??

Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:16 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am I a whingeing pom??

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Dare I say it but in London there was a solid brick wall between the neighbours. Here in Oz (IMO), I could hear my neighbour having a piss downstairs.
She was probably more embarassed than you
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
She was probably more embarassed than you
Twas a he.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
I could hear a guy puking for ages last night in the apartment upstairs, I thought it was rather funny.
That's nothing compared to what I used to hear from the two guys who lived next door to me..... Some of the things they were yelling about should be impossible even for a contortionist
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:12 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That's nothing compared to what I used to hear from the two guys who lived next door to me..... Some of the things they were yelling about should be impossible even for a contortionist
Were they playing Twister?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:12 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Dare I say it but in London there was a solid brick wall between the neighbours. Here in Oz (IMO), I could hear my neighbour having a piss downstairs.
Next time ask her to piss in her toilet,the stairs must reeking
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Were they playing Twister?
The new "ädult" variety I think.........
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:56 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by asprilla
Are you friends with your neighbours ? If not - then try and become friends. Invite them round for a beer, have a chat over the fence, lend them stuff. That kind of thing. Once you're best of friends it'll be very easy for you to ask them to e.g. keep the piano noise down after 10:30pm.

Or alternatively, skip the friends part, and just ask politely for them to keep the noise down.
that's a v dodgy premise for starting a friendship, or is this suggestion in jest?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
that's a v dodgy premise for starting a friendship, or is this suggestion in jest?
Lend them some alfoil and you might get a ****.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:46 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Go round their house armed with alcohol and food, get them pissed and when they are not looking hide a one of those baby monitor systems in the piano and when you get home, shout ghosty type noises down it.

Break it from the inside when they are not looking, spread a rumour that their house is haunted and the previous lady loved the piano and is that them they can hear playing ghosty type tunes at 2am? No? its not them, insist you can hear it and the faint sound of 'I am the ghost of the piano'.

I know, take some of those big bastard cockroaches and put it inside the piano, then when they discover them, tell them they are a special breed of 'piano cockroach' and your friend had them in her piano - and died.

Put some fish inside the piano and let it rot, or put a turd in there. When they are not looking (because you will have got them pissed), carve on the piano 'Go away!' and do some sort of devil worshipping script or something and then place an upside down crucifix on it and carve in the wood 'Omen'.

Bet they will get rid then, bet ya!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
My experience is every house with its windows and doors open, outdoor living add a pool full of kids .......

Some call it outdoors living, or alfresco I call it HELL

Plus is it me or do aussies even talk really LOUD
I don't know Jad -it might just be you and the people you find yourself amongst.

We have a pool, all the neighbours have a pool and it's not bad at all. I can sometimes hear my neighbour's kids from 2 doors down as their laughter carries over - across the paddocks - but it's good to know they are having a good time with my kids.

And even if I can hear the occasional bit of noise - it's just people doing their stuff. If I do hear loud voices (or music) there may be a party on - I expect it. Generally, this is not party-central at all. Days go by with absolute quiet. The loudest voice I can hear sometimes is the Northern UK shrill of the older lady next door when she talks to her daughter as she leaves - good luck to her.

Caveat - houses are about 20- 40m apart here with long blocks.

As for domestics - I'd go easy at first like PP. Don't go in too fast too soon.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:49 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I don't know Jad -it might just be you and the people you find yourself amongst.

We have a pool, all the neighbours have a pool and it's not bad at all. I can sometimes hear my neighbour's kids from 2 doors down as their laughter carries over - across the paddocks - but it's good to know they are having a good time with my kids.

And even if I can hear the occasional bit of noise - it's just people doing their stuff. If I do hear loud voices (or music) there may be a party on - I expect it. Generally, this is not party-central at all. Days go by with absolute quiet. The loudest voice I can hear sometimes is the Northern UK shrill of the older lady next door when she talks to her daughter as she leaves - good luck to her.

Caveat - houses are about 20- 40m apart here with long blocks.

As for domestics - I'd go easy at first like PP. Don't go in too fast too soon.
I love the sound of 'living/doing their stuff' as you described it, people doing their thing. Next doors puppy is at the yappy stage when she cant get her own way, that makes me smile.

I can hear our neighbours shutting down for the night every night, same time same routine - I find it comforting and worry when I dont hear them. I can hear the Italian family opposite every weekend when their kids/grandkids/family come to visit - lots of laughter, loud voices speaking in Italian/broken English, their kids running up and down playing.

And the neighbours opposite us when they have a party, they let us know or invite us, but you can hear laughter, sounds of glasses clinking, cans opening - sure their dog annoys me sometimes but he is a good guard dog only doing his job.

The sounds of ordinary living - they dont intrude on my life and I would hope vice versa. It would be a sorry little suburb if noone made a noise, noone laughed, no sounds of outdoor life/BBQ/friends having a few beers.

But thankfully, no pianos or musical instruments either.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 1:19 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Our neighbours down the hall are currently being evicted..thanks to complaints from ourselves and other neighbours. All summer they play music 24/7 with the windows wide open, they may as well be in our sitting room it's so loud. Then there's the shouting/fighting/door slamming/Michael Jackson on a loop/running up and down the corridor at 2am thinking it's hilarious. So we complained and complained to the management agency and they have till the end of the month to leave.

Bastards.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I love the sound of 'living/doing their stuff' as you described it, people doing their thing. Next doors puppy is at the yappy stage when she cant get her own way, that makes me smile.

I can hear our neighbours shutting down for the night every night, same time same routine - I find it comforting and worry when I dont hear them. I can hear the Italian family opposite every weekend when their kids/grandkids/family come to visit - lots of laughter, loud voices speaking in Italian/broken English, their kids running up and down playing.

And the neighbours opposite us when they have a party, they let us know or invite us, but you can hear laughter, sounds of glasses clinking, cans opening - sure their dog annoys me sometimes but he is a good guard dog only doing his job.

The sounds of ordinary living - they dont intrude on my life and I would hope vice versa. It would be a sorry little suburb if noone made a noise, noone laughed, no sounds of outdoor life/BBQ/friends having a few beers.

But thankfully, no pianos or musical instruments either.
Indeed... but if hearing sound is bad, suburbia or loud rural is no good.

I'd go crazy in a suburban street with a backyard neighbour 10 feet away.

City is not so bad - it's part of the fun.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by RedT
Our neighbours down the hall are currently being evicted..thanks to complaints from ourselves and other neighbours. All summer they play music 24/7 with the windows wide open, they may as well be in our sitting room it's so loud. Then there's the shouting/fighting/door slamming/Michael Jackson on a loop/running up and down the corridor at 2am thinking it's hilarious. So we complained and complained to the management agency and they have till the end of the month to leave.

Bastards.
You should raise their Michael Jackson with some Gary Glitter on loop - that will teach them.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Iguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really nice

Try the nicely approach again ,and if no joy go through police/ local authority route.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.