Am I right?

Old Aug 3rd 2012, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Am I right?

Originally Posted by Scrabble
Perhaps when this is the case; something is backwards with the world. Perhaps good people who have never committed a crime and have consistently worked and can fluently speak the language should be able to go and live wherever they want.

Here is the system I would employ:
  • People with criminal records? Ineligible.
  • Tax rate? 10-15% higher than citizens.
  • Fail to start a job within 6 weeks? Kicked out of the country.
  • Attempt to claim any benefits? Kicked out of the country.
  • Get so much as a speeding ticket? Kicked out of the country.
  • Which countries would this system be for? All countries on the face of the planet.

This system will never happen, but my gosh it would make the world a better place.
A higher tax rate? You are clueless.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps when this is the case; something is backwards with the world. Perhaps good people who have never committed a crime and have consistently worked and can fluently speak the language should be able to go and live wherever they want.

• Which countries would this system be for? All countries on the face of the planet.

This system will never happen, but my gosh it would make the world a better place.
If you ever emigrate I think you'd find it really funny to read that little list back to yourself.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 12:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have you actually seen that SOL list. It's laughable.

'Art Teacher'
'Private music tutor'

Yeah, really important jobs that are critical to the infrastructure of Australia...

As for locals wanting to do the job; what if the employer picks a foreigner through a fair interview process. Shouldn't that be their choice?

I'm 'so saintly' and 'casting the first stone' because I thought of an an idea for a system?

Didn't realise thinking about things and throwing ideas around was so offensive.

Great job on moving my thread to an irrelevant section of the forum because it kind of irked you. Top rate admin.
It was moved because it became so ludicrous it was obvious you wanted a discussion with people rather than advice on getting a visa.

Your ideas are so way off base that you'd do well as premier of Queensland.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 12:42 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you actually seen that SOL list. It's laughable.

'Art Teacher'
'Private music tutor'

Yeah, really important jobs that are critical to the infrastructure of Australia...

As for locals wanting to do the job; what if the employer picks a foreigner through a fair interview process. Shouldn't that be their choice?

I'm 'so saintly' and 'casting the first stone' because I thought of an an idea for a system?

Didn't realise thinking about things and throwing ideas around was so offensive.

Great job on moving my thread to an irrelevant section of the forum because it kind of irked you. Top rate admin.
That's because you have no idea how the SOL works. The ENSOL was incorporated into schedule two of the SOL & we now have the CSOL in addition to the main SOL. I would be extraordinarily surprised if people with some of those occupations managed to obtain employer sponsorship. No, it's not just up to the employer. They have to prove that they have made an effort to find a local to fill the job (where possible), and be registered to sponsor.

Oh, and as for the move to this part of the forum - that is because this is a pointless QQ thread about how it's unfair that little old unskilled you doesn't want to comply with the rules set by another country (that hundreds of thousands of others somehow manage to) to be able to move there. The immigration section isn't the right place for it. People going there are looking for facts, not for cockamamie ideas about how someone would change the immigration system because it doesn't suit them.

I would suggest that you read the site rules - particularly number fifteen.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to make 100% sure that I'm not eligible for a visa to live/work in Australia (Not the working holiday visa)

-My dad is an Australian Citizen
-My Step-mother and brother are also Australian Citizens
-I am 24 years old
-I have no criminal record

However I

-Do not have a degree
-Work as a Lifeguard/Fitness Instructor

Am I right in thinking there is nothing I qualify for?

Cheers

I may be putting two and two together and making five, but did your family move to Australia in order to get away from you?
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:13 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Your ideas are so way off base that you'd do well as premier of Queensland.
Originally Posted by spartacus
I may be putting two and two together and making five, but did your family move to Australia in order to get away from you?
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:14 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be mean to say YES
Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
"We're just putting out for a pint of milk darling"
Old Aug 4th 2012, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as this has strayed into the barbie I feel strangely compelled to contribute to the discussion on this thread.

Am I right?

You ask

Are you a man?

I ask

Coz if you are male you really SHOULD know the answer to that question already....

OF COURSE YOU CANT BE RIGHT, YOU'RE A BLOKE!
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
That would be most british expats on the first plane back then

Scrabble - you're young. Why don't you retrain in something that's on the list, and likely to remain on the list.
lol.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 6:37 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I think his dad married Pauline Hanson