Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Am I going mad? Is my package going the wrong way?

Wikiposts

Am I going mad? Is my package going the wrong way?

Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Am I going mad? Is my package going the wrong way?

On Friday I sent a package to Australia from the UK with UPS. I'm using the online tracking system. On Friday evening it reached Cologne via East Midlands Airport, so far so good. Then on Saturday it got to Dubai and went on to Malaysia. I thought this a little odd, but when I got up this morning it is in CHINA.

Now, I'm trying not to panic here, as it is on the tracking system so they haven't lost it, but can anyone tell me if there is a good reason for it to be in China?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:03 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am I going mad? Is my package going the wrong way?

Originally Posted by Fly Away
On Friday I sent a package to Australia from the UK with UPS. I'm using the online tracking system. On Friday evening it reached Cologne via East Midlands Airport, so far so good. Then on Saturday it got to Dubai and went on to Malaysia. I thought this a little odd, but when I got up this morning it is in CHINA.

Now, I'm trying not to panic here, as it is on the tracking system so they haven't lost it, but can anyone tell me if there is a good reason for it to be in China?
It's been kidnapped and you'll be getting a ransome note any minute...

Naturally, I'm curious about any man who's got a package going the wrong way...
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:15 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh that kinda package
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

Originally Posted by Margaret3
oh that kinda package
PMSL. Didn't think of that when I typed the title!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:50 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

...a potential banana bender...?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, 'the package' as it will now be known is now apparently in Melbourne 3 hours after leaving China??? It gets more and more mysterious. Hoping there was just a computer error and the China bit was an error..............
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:08 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, 'the package' as it will now be known is now apparently in Melbourne 3 hours after leaving China??? It gets more and more mysterious. Hoping there was just a computer error and the China bit was an error..............
mmmm, 3 hours from China to Melbourne, impressive, a rocket launched carrier pigeon perchance?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:19 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

yup i think the person updating the tracing system got a bit confused
Old Oct 28th 2007, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
mmmm, 3 hours from China to Melbourne, impressive, a rocket launched carrier pigeon perchance?
LOL. Must have been!

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
yup i think the person updating the tracing system got a bit confused
I hope so. Apparently it has now been cleared and is on it's way to Adelaide. Wonder if it's on a plane or a truck?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 2:05 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE

I hope so. Apparently it has now been cleared and is on it's way to Adelaide. Wonder if it's on a plane or a truck? [/QUOTE]

Its more than likely strapped to a Kangaroo. The post office out here employ up to 400 Kangaroos to help with the mail.
Its mostly older females that don't need their pouches for young anymore so they can use it for letters & parcels etc.
Soon the post office will advertise for extra staff for Xmas & the kangaroos will JUMP at the chance.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bordy
Its more than likely strapped to a Kangaroo. The post office out here employ up to 400 Kangaroos to help with the mail.
Its mostly older females that don't need their pouches for young anymore so they can use it for letters & parcels etc.
Soon the post office will advertise for extra staff for Xmas & the kangaroos will JUMP at the chance.
Very likely!

Lovely image though! More environmentally friendly too!