Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Allowing your underaged kids Facebook

Allowing your underaged kids Facebook

Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:09 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allowing your underaged kids Facebook

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Especially the groups such as 'I need sex....
Thanks for the heads-up...
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Well said Renshen !!!! . My son is 8 and is nagging me to go on facebook, I agree it is good for him to go on it to speak to his FRIENDS.

So I have said when he is 9 in August he can go on it, BUT he is only to be friends with his friends and NO adults are to be added. He has to ask me whenever ANYONE asks to be his friend and his privacy setting will be done to Friends ONLY.

You can only do the best you can as a parent without wrapping ya kids in cotton wool and leaving them out of what everyone else is doing. So allow them it but do it safely and securely.

Keep your computer/laptop in a family room at all times.
Always know their password to keep yaself informed.
Kids add Kids only.

Keep our kids safe always, and if in doubt, do nought !!!!

Lo xxx
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My husband uses facebook (and he CAN multi-task!!) but neither I nor my 15 year old daughter do. At her school there were several cases of very bad cyber bullying which resulted in one girl being expelled and charged by the police.

My daughter decided that she did not want to have facebook. She uses e-mail to contact her friends. Her ancient basic mobile phone has a yearly $50 cap on it, and she only uses it when she is out with her friends or needs picking up from school/practices unexpectedly. She got her own laptop this year as she is in Y10, but although it is wireless, it never goes into her bedroom. Neither does she have a tv/dvd player though she does have a cd player in her bedroom. She does have a gameboy (bought when she was 12), and a psp (her father's) which she sometimes uses in the car when we go to swimming meets, but prefers sudoku in a book or to read a real book rather than download one.

I guess she is different, but she makes up her own mind and doesn't want things just because all her friends have one.