Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

To All You Eligible Voters Out There

To All You Eligible Voters Out There

Old Nov 24th 2007, 2:07 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To All You Eligible Voters Out There

Originally Posted by Deb
I agree, Matt, stop trying to talk people into voting your way, just because you can't, by you saying that, you have now confused the hell out of the intelligent potential voters on here, poor bastards will not know which way to vote now..
I caused 34 people to move from Adelaide to Melbourne last week, I still haven't got over the hilarity of it
Old Nov 24th 2007, 2:12 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I caused 34 people to move from Adelaide to Melbourne last week, I still haven't got over the hilarity of it

You thoughtless bastard..
Old Nov 24th 2007, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Deb
You thoughtless bastard..
Hey, it could've been Perth ...
Old Nov 24th 2007, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I would hazzard a guess, knowing VIMS posts, its his way of stirring up some real debate into the political arena... irrespective of who we like and who we dont like, it certainly gives some contentious argument

Just the stuff forums were made for
Er, no, I really hate the tossers and want them out.
<note the lack of smilie>
Old Nov 24th 2007, 2:27 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, it could've been Perth ...

Thankfully for you it wasn't..
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:04 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdunx
As a very ethical small business owner turning over $1M and employing 9 Australians I will certainly be voting
Well, that's lovely to hear that you are a very ethical small business owner... I am guessing that means you will be voting for Howard and work-choices, which will ensure that more of that $1m ends up in your back pocket? If not, then why else would you go to the trouble of broadcasting that you are a small business owner who "certainly will be voting"....but let me guess, an ethical one that wouldn't dare disadvantage poor australians with this new legislation?

If I could vote, I'd be going for Labour, simply because their policies are clearer and fairer.

I would not vote for Howard, who would have you believe that the boom in the economy has been largely thanks to his government. Which is, of course, the biggest load of BS ever. If you believe in this kind of government propaganda....well, its too late for you I guess.

One other thing...work-choices is trying to move Australian workplace laws towards those found in the USA. And anyone who has ever spent any time in the USA, will know that this is not a good thing.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

If I could vote, I'd be going for Labour, simply because their policies are clearer and fairer.

Can't agree that the policies are clearer because I have no idea how they are going to carry them out. Don't think they know either!

I would not vote for Howard, who would have you believe that the boom in the economy has been largely thanks to his government. Which is, of course, the biggest load of BS ever. If you believe in this kind of government propaganda....well, its too late for you I guess.

If you knew the state of the Australian economy when the Howard government got in you would not have made this statement - unless ofcourse you believe the Australian Labor party who left it in a total mess.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

You really are as thick as shit aren't you?

(edit) I voiced my opinion, that's what a forum is for ... now, back to your pile of cash capitalist pig-dog!
erm nice,not
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:31 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
If you knew the state of the Australian economy when the Howard government got in you would not have made this statement - unless ofcourse you believe the Australian Labor party who left it in a total mess.
I don't think that the howard government has made any significant policy changes that have affected the economic cycle that he takes credit for....all the important decisions were made before his time.

Though I could be wrong, so please enlighten me!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:32 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Look, I can't vote and it shits me to tears (phrases I have learnt in the last 3 years number 143) but PLEASE for the love of whatever higher power you believe in (even if it's just your partner) DON'T vote Liberal.

OK Howard is a known quantity but do you REALLY want Costello running the country?

C'mon people you know it makes sense.
Done!

(is Deadmeats place officially closed? Last time i was in there it was very dark and eerie,with some bloke sitting in the corner strumming his guitar)
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by donna
erm nice,not
Yet another useful addition to the debate.

If you can be bothered to read Mr Dunce's original post then you will see I was merely replying in manner that I was addressed ... i.e. with an insult.

Did you register with BE back in 2002 by mistake? The last 5 years must have been a maze of mystery ...
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Call me AL
Done!

(is Deadmeats place officially closed? Last time i was in there it was very dark and eerie,with some bloke sitting in the corner strumming his guitar)
Last time I looked it was still there but I've seen more life in a tramps vest
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Look, I can't vote
You still have time... Have you tried looking up a phone book, grabbing some names and addresses of people in your area, and then just rocking up to the polling station, giving a name and address and voting for your favourite candidate?

I was seriously stunned this morning when I went to vote, and they just asked for my name and address, no ID required. Same for Mrs JTL. We could have gone from polling station to polling station in the area giving different names and addresses. They didn't even record that I'd voted. No joke, I heard the election woman ask the old man in front of me if this was the first time he had voted today. His reply was along the lines of "do you think I could be arsed to do this more than once!"

Reminds me of Norn Ireland, when the paramilitary parties had the slogan "Vote early and vote often"

JTL
Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
You still have time... Have you tried looking up a phone book, grabbing some names and addresses of people in your area, and then just rocking up to the polling station, giving a name and address and voting for your favourite candidate?

I was seriously stunned this morning when I went to vote, and they just asked for my name and address, no ID required. Same for Mrs JTL. We could have gone from polling station to polling station in the area giving different names and addresses. They didn't even record that I'd voted. No joke, I heard the election woman ask the old man in front of me if this was the first time he had voted today. His reply was along the lines of "do you think I could be arsed to do this more than once!"

Reminds me of Norn Ireland, when the paramilitary parties had the slogan "Vote early and vote often"

JTL
Certainly worrying.

So the election will come down to who has the most stamina to get to as many stations as possible ... damn, all those 'I'm alright Jack' 4x4 MPV owners have the upper hand!

If they can tear their fat arses away from the plasma
Old Nov 24th 2007, 5:03 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Look, I can't vote and it shits me to tears (phrases I have learnt in the last 3 years number 143) but PLEASE for the love of whatever higher power you believe in (even if it's just your partner) DON'T vote Liberal.

OK Howard is a known quantity but do you REALLY want Costello running the country?

C'mon people you know it makes sense.
Can't vote, which is a shame. But if I could, it would JH for me, not that Kivin Rudd, he just reminds me of Tony Blair everytime I see him on the box Just his mannerisms.

My missus went and voted today and said that it is great to see a queue of people, not like at our local school in London, where just a token of punters were to be seen coming and going

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.