Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

For all those who miss British sweeties

For all those who miss British sweeties

Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: For all those who miss British sweeties

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Ah but these are horrid creations, they taste nothing like the fig rolls of yore
But I spied some in the UK section!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:44 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Kingseat
But I spied some in the UK section!
That can't be possible. UK stuff can't be found here

Must nip into the local shops later to get some more UK made Jelly Babies, I just finished the last packet.

Old Jan 9th 2010, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough

Treats from Home and The British Lolly Shop is where I buy my UK sweets and crisps. You can order online from Treats From Home.

There is a local shop here in Balmain that sell UK sweets and crisps.

I'm missing Marks and Spencers mint toffee's. Not been able to find them yet.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Molko1974
Treats from Home and The British Lolly Shop is where I buy my UK sweets and crisps. You can order online from Treats From Home.

There is a local shop here in Balmain that sell UK sweets and crisps.

I'm missing Marks and Spencers mint toffee's. Not been able to find them yet.
I'm a huge fan of the Sydney "Treats From Home" store... the lady who manages the shop is just fantastic and keeps me well stocked with Cadburys Dairy Milk! My hubby refers to her as my "dealer", in jest, as my addiction to CDM is legendary...!

Hoping to nip in tomorrow and get some more yummies
Old Jan 9th 2010, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Also, another shop I'm liking is "Sugar Fix" - there's one underneath the Sydney City "Myer" (down in the food court) as well as one up at Warringah Mall. I think they have an online shop too.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

According to Anjibabe, chocolate here is utter pish. Received a bar from rellies visiting and was annoying me with the ooohhhhssss and aaahhhhhsssss eminating endlessly from her gub.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 8:46 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
According to Anjibabe, chocolate here is utter pish. Received a bar from rellies visiting and was annoying me with the ooohhhhssss and aaahhhhhsssss eminating endlessly from her gub.
Chocolate here is pish I just don't bother
Old Jan 9th 2010, 9:30 am
ABCDiamond

I am eating a bar of dark chocolate with almonds at the moment.

Really nice, made in Germany. Bought in ALDI

99p in UK but $2.49 here

Old Jan 9th 2010, 9:33 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

99p in UK but $2.49 here

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/media/produ...0208choc11.jpg
Don't like dark chocolate ABC - leaves a bitter aftertaste
Old Jan 9th 2010, 9:41 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Thought you like a bitter aftertaste
Old Jan 9th 2010, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Thought you like a bitter aftertaste
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:30 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
The 85% one does with me, but the 70% one is good.

They also do the Milk chocolate, a bit like Swiss Chocolate.

Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:33 am

The 85% one does with me, but the 70% one is good.

They also do the Milk chocolate, a bit like Swiss Chocolate.
Yeah I've read that about the ALdi chocolate. I keep forgetting that though every time I go.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

For all you that miss Prawn
Attached Thumbnails For all those who miss British sweeties-crisps.jpg  
Old Jan 10th 2010, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Brav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to all

99p in UK but $2.49 here

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/media/produ...0208choc11.jpg
Ugh yea was looking at the British Lolly Shop and it's $2.00 for a 34.5g bag Walkers. wtf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.