British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   For all those with a wasp problem...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/all-those-wasp-problem-701767/)

The Bloke Jan 22nd 2011 3:29 am

For all those with a wasp problem......

........ try this new product on the market. Have used it myself and it kills the buggers stone dead before they even have a chance to realise it......

New Generation Aerosols "Wasp & Nest Killer"

It has a 4m spray so you don't have to get real close and is available at most hardware stores.

DeadVim Jan 22nd 2011 3:37 am

Re: For all those with a wasp problem......

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 9119899)
........ try this new product on the market. Have used it myself and it kills the buggers stone dead before they even have a chance to realise it......

It has a 4m spray so you don't have to get real close and is available at most hardware stores.

Ta very much, got bitten by one yesterday actually ... dang painful ...

LouiseR Jan 22nd 2011 3:45 am

We've got paper wasps around our yard. Not been bitten yet but they look vicious!

Kelli28 Jan 22nd 2011 9:17 am

I got stung by 3 of them on my hand a few weeks ago, I stuck my hand in the mail box and the gits had decided to build a nest in there!! For a few minutes I didn't know what bit/ stung me and was too scared to open up the mail box again, but god it really hurt.

Bernieboy Jan 22nd 2011 9:22 am

Wasps in yer house ?? no problem,chuck in a phosphrous grenade,job done.:thumbup:

As for redecorating yer house,well that's another matter:o

Bix Jan 22nd 2011 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Kelli28 (Post 9120303)
I got stung by 3 of them on my hand a few weeks ago, I stuck my hand in the mail box and the gits had decided to build a nest in there!! For a few minutes I didn't know what bit/ stung me and was too scared to open up the mail box again, but god it really hurt.

Don't worry.
There's usually a max of 20 per nest. :eek:

Kelli28 Jan 22nd 2011 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 9120317)
Don't worry.
There's usually a max of 20 per nest. :eek:

Not for long there wasn't they all died! :rofl:

The Bloke Jan 22nd 2011 10:12 am

Originally Posted by LouiseR (Post 9119917)
We've got paper wasps around our yard. Not been bitten yet but they look vicious!

They do bite......