Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

For all those adopted by cats and dogs....

For all those adopted by cats and dogs....

Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:30 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For all those adopted by cats and dogs....

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
Glad to hear she's well on the mend.

I use Coles green choice multi-purpose cleaner (trigger gun) as a spray to wipe down my kitchen surfaces and found out by chance that it kills the little buggers instantly. So when I spot them scouting my cupboards or roaming around the cat bowls I give them a quick squirt and them wipe 'em all up with a bit of kitchen roll. Doesn't stop the problem completely, but works as a quick fix until the next lot start snooping about. Doesn't seem to bother the cats, if you ignore the fact that one has an eating disorder and the other thinks it's a dog.
Outside the house I blitz the buggers with boiling water.

(Oh the shame, it's Friday night and I'm talking about cleaning products and ants.)
Poor Indi, glad shes on the mend Pen.

I also just discovered this by chance, kitchen spray cleaner definately kills them instantly..like you say doesnt stop them permanently but smells much nicer than the actual bug sprays!
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've used the orange version before but the husband was attempting to stop them coming in in the first place. She keeps leaping up as well as she can and then freaking out and flinging her head around as though there's something touching her back. All those nerve endings coming back to life. Horrible to watch though.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:57 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that sounds scary MP. Thanks for the heads up, and I'm glad your cat is on the mend x
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:58 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tip,save me bullets now