Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

For all our Scottish readers..

For all our Scottish readers..

Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:28 pm
Banned

LongshoreDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For all our English readers..

Originally Posted by CelticRover
No bitterness here today.
That's rich coming from someone gloating about England drawing . Scotland are a poor football team and failed to qualify for the world cup.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LongshoreDrifter
That's rich coming from someone gloating about England drawing . Scotland are a poor football team and failed to qualify for the world cup.
It is more about USA drawing than anything to do with Scotland.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:32 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by CelticRover
It is more about USA drawing than anything to do with Scotland.
Yes it was a poor result for England against a very average USA side.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:35 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For all our Scottish readers..

England were and will be shite the whole way through the tournament,well the next few weeks anyway,the US made them look as they are,pretty ordinary pumped up side of prima donnas
Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
England were and will be shite the whole way through the tournament,well the next few weeks anyway,the US made them look as they are,pretty ordinary pumped up side of prima donnas
We'll see.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Feyenoord
Celtic
Barcelona
Manchester United

or

newcastle
spurs
lazio
rangers
everton

I know which CV i would have had.

Do you think Best was worse than Gazza?
Or is that cos Bestie played for the hibbees?

Ask any professional player what means most and they'll tell you medals and honours. Not immaterial at all.

Bythe way henrik only took half an hour to win a European Cup - just ask any Arsenal supporter and they'll tell you he was the difference between two evenly matched teams
Best was a has been by the time he got to Hibs. Interesting that you place Larsson and Laudrup above Dalglish? You talk about medals as a barometer of ability as a player and with 3 European cups and countless domestic titles both North and South of the border, surely he would be above both of them? I'm talking about genius as a player, natural ability. Not how many medals they have. For me, Gazza had this in spades albeit wasted. I loved watching him play. Larsson too, very exciting to watch.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LongshoreDrifter
Yes it was a poor result for England against a very average USA side.
Still would have taken the points but for a schoolboy error. They will get through to the next stage and improve. Good last quarter. Rooney needs to get in the game.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by framac67
Ah think you must have fell and bumped your head when you wurny well. Wait, with comments like that, youre obviously still sick. You are a newspaper supporter and that my dear chap, is obvious. TUT TUT TUT.
Never read the Scottish football press, just full of Old Firm bigots. I watched the Jambos, that's proper football
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Admittedly, Gazza was fabulous in his day

Shame how things have turned out for him.
Didn't you just love his goal at Paradive? He was off to celebrate with the Bears before the ball had even crossed the line!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by framac67
Fat bloated alcoholic wife beater. Says it all about your shitty country. C'mon the good old U.S. of A.
Wee 'Stinky' was also as you say a 'wife beater' but hey who am I to argue?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kporte
Nothing to do with him playing for the Huns then? Best player to play in the Scottish leagues by a long chalk and I am no Gers fan!
Hear hear!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Feyenoord
Celtic
Barcelona
Manchester United

or

newcastle
spurs
lazio
rangers
everton

I know which CV i would have had.

Do you think Best was worse than Gazza?
Or is that cos Bestie played for the hibbees?

Ask any professional player what means most and they'll tell you medals and honours. Not immaterial at all.

Bythe way henrik only took half an hour to win a European Cup - just ask any Arsenal supporter and they'll tell you he was the difference between two evenly matched teams
Ok then......................................Rino Gattuso, Rangers and AC Milan. Champions League twice, World Cup 1 and everything else going in Scotland and Serie A so he must be better than Gazza or Larsson then? Don't think so!

Different players, different position and do the clubs that you play for really matter? My god if that were true then Larsson has a 'Big Club' on his CV that got pumped by Ross County! Take the green specs aff!
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:07 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Ok then......................................Rino Gattuso, Rangers and AC Milan. Champions League twice, World Cup 1 and everything else going in Scotland and Serie A so he must be better than Gazza or Larsson then? Don't think so!

Different players, different position and do the clubs that you play for really matter? My god if that were true then Larsson has a 'Big Club' on his CV that got pumped by Ross County! Take the green specs aff!
If your good enough you get to play for a big club - Gazza never did that - all he was famous for was wasting himself or acting like a clown. If your talking about talent then Gattusso was a very talented player and his record speaks for itself. He may not have had sublime ball skills but his ability to control a midfield and prevent the opposition from playing is as good as any. I am delighted rangers let him go. Gazza however couldn't lace larssons boots either as a player or as a human being. I'll keep my green specs thanks
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:13 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Best was a has been by the time he got to Hibs. Interesting that you place Larsson and Laudrup above Dalglish? You talk about medals as a barometer of ability as a player and with 3 European cups and countless domestic titles both North and South of the border, surely he would be above both of them? I'm talking about genius as a player, natural ability. Not how many medals they have. For me, Gazza had this in spades albeit wasted. I loved watching him play. Larsson too, very exciting to watch.
I didn't place them above dalglish - i simply stated that Henrik was the best FOREIGN player
Old Jun 14th 2010, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

If your good enough you get to play for a big club - Gazza never did that - all he was famous for was wasting himself or acting like a clown. If your talking about talent then Gattusso was a very talented player and his record speaks for itself. He may not have had sublime ball skills but his ability to control a midfield and prevent the opposition from playing is as good as any. I am delighted rangers let him go. Gazza however couldn't lace larssons boots either as a player or as a human being. I'll keep my green specs thanks
Thats right Larsson could win the ball in his own half, beat half a team en route to goal before putting the ball in the pokey! Geeza brek, Gazza was miles ahead of HL in every way possible except as I previously mentioned, his brain. Playing for a top club? He had umpteen offers from Man Utd, Barcelona, Juventus etc etc and went for the money to Spurs and Lazio. Playing for a top club doesn't give you superstar status and there have been hundreds that have played for so called 'Big Clubs' but unfortunately couldn't or will never cut the mustard..........how about Liam Miller? I rest my case!

Going back to medal hauls and big clubs I give you Giovanni Van Bronkhorst, Ronald De Boer and Brian Laudrup! Henrik Larsson is a brilliant player of that there is no doubt, god I've cursed him often enough but on purely footballing ability almost every top coach in world football would've picked Gazza hands down and of that there is no doubt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.