All the Gear

Old Mar 31st 2016, 9:55 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the Gear

I have spent most of the day setting up my iPad Pro 9.7 which is a tad better than my iPad 2.

Before anyone calls me a one-eyed Apple fan boy try producing music on a 'droid ... Nah, ain't happening.

Yes, it's expensive. Yes, the Apple keyboard is RIDICULOUSLY expensive (and I haven't sprung for one).

But hotdiggity it does Just Work.

Now excuse me I have Auria Pro and a whole host of quality synths, effects and drum machines to play with.

Happy Days and a long way from my Atari ST and sampler cartridge.

And Hearthstone, always the Hearthstone.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I have spent most of the day setting up my iPad Pro 9.7 which is a tad better than my iPad 2.

Before anyone calls me a one-eyed Apple fan boy try producing music on a 'droid ... Nah, ain't happening.

Yes, it's expensive. Yes, the Apple keyboard is RIDICULOUSLY expensive (and I haven't sprung for one).

But hotdiggity it does Just Work.

Now excuse me I have Auria Pro and a whole host of quality synths, effects and drum machines to play with.

Happy Days and a long way from my Atari ST and sampler cartridge.

And Hearthstone, always the Hearthstone.
You are a one eyed fanboy, but don't worry, you are not alone

I thought the idea of the Pro was that it could double as your laptop too, hence the need for the keyboard, throw away the PC and the teeny weeny phone. 2 devices is all you need. Oh wait, that was my idea. Apple want you to have lots of devices - its good for the shareholders.

Anyhow, interestring article here. Once you get past the make up, sounds like IOS is still dragging Apple down.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/wall-street-journal/apple-ipad-pro-review-tablet-vs-laptop--which-should-you-buy/news-story/d00856c93610ea0f821ee149b4b6b23c
Old Mar 31st 2016, 10:35 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
You are a one eyed fanboy, but don't worry, you are not alone

I thought the idea of the Pro was that it could double as your laptop too, hence the need for the keyboard, throw away the PC and the teeny weeny phone. 2 devices is all you need. Oh wait, that was my idea. Apple want you to have lots of devices - its good for the shareholders.

Anyhow, interestring article here. Once you get past the make up, sounds like IOS is still dragging Apple down.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/wall-street-journal/apple-ipad-pro-review-tablet-vs-laptop--which-should-you-buy/news-story/d00856c93610ea0f821ee149b4b6b23c
Yes, interesting indeed. I didn't buy into the whole laptop replacement thing. The pad is essentially an indulgence but a fun one for my needs.

Hell, my desktop is still running XP, which I discovered yesterday couldn't handle the iTunes version needed for the Pro ... So out comes the laptop, move the library, etc, etc ...

I doubt technology will ever converge into one solution, it just doesn't work that way.

In interests of balance my phone and other family tablet are 'droids. I also ran a HP Touchpad for a while (WebOS).

Yup, geek central.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, interesting indeed. I didn't buy into the whole laptop replacement thing. The pad is essentially an indulgence but a fun one for my needs.

Hell, my desktop is still running XP, which I discovered yesterday couldn't handle the iTunes version needed for the Pro ... So out comes the laptop, move the library, etc, etc ...

I doubt technology will ever converge into one solution, it just doesn't work that way.

In interests of balance my phone and other family tablet are 'droids. I also ran a HP Touchpad for a while (WebOS).

Yup, geek central.
You mean iTunes couldn't handle the version of OS you were running. Perhaps it might be time to flick old iTunes

OK found the Auria Pro - now that's one app that would work exceptionally well on a pad.

I don't think tech will merge into one either but I think it will merge into 2, though I could be wrong on that.

Old Mar 31st 2016, 11:21 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

You mean iTunes couldn't handle the version of OS you were running. Perhaps it might be time to flick old iTunes

OK found the Auria Pro - now that's one app that would work exceptionally well on a pad.

I don't think tech will merge into one either but I think it will merge into 2, though I could be wrong on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQ7SlvYMzk

I hate iTunes with a passion. It's probably the biggest reason I haven't ever bought any Apple products...

S
Old Apr 1st 2016, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I hate iTunes with a passion. It's probably the biggest reason I haven't ever bought any Apple products...

S
It certainly turned me off first go which I will admit was many years ago...... and I've never been back. It tried to take control of everything. Not sure if its still the same.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 2:09 am
Mostly Harmless

Yup, iTunes is still nasty. I bypass it as much as possible.

It's the quality of the apps that holds me. Auria Pro (plus excellent FabFilter plugins), Animoog, Korg Gadget, Korg pretty much anything actually.

Working with the droid tablet is appealing in a different way with the endless tweaking possibilities.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One day, it could converge into one. One day.

Old May 16th 2016, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Warren Buffett has made a massive stake in Apple. Sounds like there's something finally going on behind the scenes in R&D. Must be big.

http://m.smh.com.au/business/markets/warren-buffetts-berkshire-invests-us1-billion-in-apple-20160516-gowmd4.html

In other news, I notice Google is ramping up Project Tango again.
Old May 17th 2016, 9:48 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Warren Buffett has made a massive stake in Apple. Sounds like there's something finally going on behind the scenes in R&D. Must be big.

Warren Buffett's Berkshire invests $US1 billion in Apple | smh.com.au

In other news, I notice Google is ramping up Project Tango again.
Or

Berkshire held 9.81 million Apple shares worth $US1.07 billion ($1.47 billion) as of March 31
That's before the negative sales/profit news that sent the share price from 109 then to 92 now.

Now they may have some **** hot R&D in their back pocket, and they might have told Warren Buffett, and it's true that they have a huge cash pile - but that's a 16% decline in a month and a half, that Buffett should have seen coming.

Meanwhile Google I/O is in a day's time - with Google likely to go hard on VR and 360 video.
Old May 17th 2016, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Or

That's before the negative sales/profit news that sent the share price from 109 then to 92 now.

Now they may have some **** hot R&D in their back pocket, and they might have told Warren Buffett, and it's true that they have a huge cash pile - but that's a 16% decline in a month and a half, that Buffett should have seen coming.

Meanwhile Google I/O is in a day's time - with Google likely to go hard on VR and 360 video.
Good spot.

VR and the 360 video great if you are a gamer or movie nut. Where's the AR?
Old Oct 27th 2016, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think I want one. Perhaps its the marketing video

Old Oct 27th 2016, 5:35 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I think I want one. Perhaps its the marketing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMLA8YIgG0
I want the money to be able to afford one.

Only I'd prefer a straight 4K TV, with a touch surface, and no Windows 10, for <$2000k. I'm sure someone will come out with it.

Oh, and the dial puck is supposed to work on normal surface phaptops.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 6:08 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
I want the money to be able to afford one.

Only I'd prefer a straight 4K TV, with a touch surface, and no Windows 10, for <$2000k. I'm sure someone will come out with it.

Oh, and the dial puck is supposed to work on normal surface phaptops.

I've got a Surface Pro 3 running Linux Mint 18 - and I can honestly say it is the best computer I have ever owned - it's a great bit of machinery.

The linux distro was written specifically for the Surface though - so all of the functionality works out fo the box.

S
Old Oct 27th 2016, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I've got a Surface Pro 3 running Linux Mint 18 - and I can honestly say it is the best computer I have ever owned - it's a great bit of machinery.

The linux distro was written specifically for the Surface though - so all of the functionality works out fo the box.

S
Garry won't touch anything not made by Google. You are wasting your keystrokes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.