All the Gear

Old Dec 1st 2015, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the Gear

Originally Posted by Amazulu
O As you are probably aware, Dick Smith is in financial shit and today they had a bit of a fire sale (have a look at Ozbargain)

Just went at lunchtime and I'd missed out on most of the stuff but got a Nikon S02 point and shoot for $29 - nothing special as a camera but ideal as a Christmas present for a child. Best prices overseas:
Amazon.com $164
Amazon.co.uk: $166
Amazon.de: $173

Australia cheapest in the world yet again

Someone on Ozbargain got a Nikon D5500 single lens kit for $347 after cashback! On Amazon.com it's $1100 (didn't check .co.uk but it will be even more)

Crazy times and goes to show that a lot of bricks and mortar retail is now unviable
Yeah saw that in the press. Apparently big implications for the competition like JB too.

Even with the more expensive gadgets I've bought recently, they have been cheapest online and I've driven to the warehouse to collect. None have been more than a 20 minute drive.

Not sure how these guys are going to survive. They really need to rethink the business model.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 8:28 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yeah saw that in the press. Apparently big implications for the competition like JB too.

Even with the more expensive gadgets I've bought recently, they have been cheapest online and I've driven to the warehouse to collect. None have been more than a 20 minute drive.

Not sure how these guys are going to survive. They really need to rethink the business model.
Don't worry, auspost and their inability to deliver a sensible service will save the day from all this online ordering lark ....

I'm no fan of JB HiFi, but their shops tend to be fuller, even though their prices aren't any good either. Maybe Dickies could go a semi-Argos type route, with ordering and collection from their stores, and the ability to touch'y'feely the products as well. Something like a fixed margin on top and much larger range available via order.

Or they could just die a swift death under the weight of their fixed costs.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Don't worry, auspost and their inability to deliver a sensible service will save the day from all this online ordering lark ....

I'm no fan of JB HiFi, but their shops tend to be fuller, even though their prices aren't any good either. Maybe Dickies could go a semi-Argos type route, with ordering and collection from their stores, and the ability to touch'y'feely the products as well. Something like a fixed margin on top and much larger range available via order.

Or they could just die a swift death under the weight of their fixed costs.
Remember, Oz post are going to make you collect from their warehouse in the future, at your leisure, at a time that suits you. Or you just collect from the online retailers warehouse.

I've never really understood why something like Argos hasn't ever been given a run on Oz.

JB were selling DVD box sets the other day at an apparent sale price. I couldn't see one for under $80.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 1:42 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently another DSE fire sale tomorrow. Check Ozbargain

JB will probably respond - pre-christmas price war!
Old Dec 1st 2015, 10:45 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently another DSE fire sale tomorrow. Check Ozbargain

JB will probably respond - pre-christmas price war!

Damn! And I've just bought my GF's Fitbit for Christmas!

S
Old Dec 1st 2015, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
Are you trying to tell her something
Old Dec 1st 2015, 11:27 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Are you trying to tell her something

She asked for it! Got it in Officeworks in the end - it was pretty good deal - $166 for the Charge HR, if that means anything to you.

S
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

S
It was pretty shit today so you didn't miss much. Although they had plenty of signs for 60-70% off they had little to no stock of anything decent. I got some Hoya SLR filters for $1-$4.50! Didn't see any Fitbits on sale

Hopefully tomorrow will be better

JB have some good discounts today with a further 5% off discounted prices. Bought some 50% (+5%) off headphones for a Christmas present

They have an okay 65" Hitachi for $949. Nice panel but lacking in the connectivity department
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:09 am
Proudly Deplorable

S
Then she'll be your fit bit

I'll get my coat..........
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:20 am
has lost The Game

It was pretty shit today so you didn't miss much. Although they had plenty of signs for 60-70% off they had little to no stock of anything decent. I got some Hoya SLR filters for $1-$4.50! Didn't see any Fitbits on sale

Hopefully tomorrow will be better

JB have some good discounts today with a further 5% off discounted prices. Bought some 50% (+5%) off headphones for a Christmas present

They have an okay 65" Hitachi for $949. Nice panel but lacking in the connectivity department

The Fitbit was actually a lot cheaper from Kogan, but as I am flying out tomorrow, I needed a walk-in solution to purchase. This will teach me to leave everything until the last minute...

S
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She asked for it! Got it in Officeworks in the end - it was pretty good deal - $166 for the Charge HR, if that means anything to you.

S
Fair play. Mrs Beoz has asked for one too. Might piss her off by getting her an Apple watch

"Charge HR" hey - anything with HR in it must be evil.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:31 am
has lost The Game

Fair play. Mrs Beoz has asked for one too. Might piss her off by getting her an Apple watch

I fully agree there! HR is the one with the permanent heart rate monitor on it - It was only $40 more for that functionality, so in for a penny.

Personally I can't really see the point of it - they seem to be a toy of the lunching classes to sit and compare over coffee how many steps you took in your stroll around Mosman.

I suspect it will get worn a couple of times and then quietly placed in a drawer, never to be seen or heard of again...

S
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:32 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Pebble Time & Pebble Time Steel very nearly available in Dickle Smiths. At $199 - the usual deals that come out every day ($30-40) it's virtually the same price as the fitbits, but can do much more (- the heart rate, which are usually inaccurate anyway).
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:35 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by GarryP
Pebble Time & Pebble Time Steel very nearly available in Dickle Smiths. At $199 - the usual deals that come out every day ($30-40) it's virtually the same price as the fitbits, but can do much more (- the heart rate, which are usually inaccurate anyway).

Ah, but Madam wanted the Fitbit - it has to be the right brand you know...

S
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 4:47 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Ah, but Madam wanted the Fitbit - it has to be the right brand you know...
Because a fitbit is a fashion accessory

I vote we increase GST to 20% on anything that's 'fashionable' on the basis that money is already no object, so they can spare the extra.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.