All the Gear

Old Mar 6th 2015, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the Gear

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
...........so you can have 7 or 8 inches curled up in your pocket ?
Now
Old Mar 30th 2015, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a Galaxy Note 4 arrive on the desk. Did my research on this. Was even open minded and considered the Iphone 6 plus. The Note 4 came out on top in just about every aspect except the camera. I do like the 240 fps on the 6 plus, but it just wasn't enough to get it over the line. Put it up against a couple of other Androids too and it came out on top. So here it is. Lets see if lives up to expectation.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 2:09 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Just had a Galaxy Note 4 arrive on the desk. Did my research on this. Was even open minded and considered the Iphone 6 plus. The Note 4 came out on top in just about every aspect except the camera. I do like the 240 fps on the 6 plus, but it just wasn't enough to get it over the line. Put it up against a couple of other Androids too and it came out on top. So here it is. Lets see if lives up to expectation.

I eagerly anticipate your full review...

S
Old Mar 30th 2015, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I eagerly anticipate your full review...

S
Ha ha and you shall get it. Well pretty easy to set up, in the space of 10 minutes I had it all on, working, personal and work email setup, contacts synced, and calendar synced, OneNote booming.

One feature I'm already into is the multi tasking, multi app view. You can have multiple apps running side by side or overlapping and the like, bit like on the PC. Very nice.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 3:11 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha and you shall get it. Well pretty easy to set up, in the space of 10 minutes I had it all on, working, personal and work email setup, contacts synced, and calendar synced, OneNote booming.

One feature I'm already into is the multi tasking, multi app view. You can have multiple apps running side by side or overlapping and the like, bit like on the PC. Very nice.

Yeah, that's one of the big sells of the Note for me too. Being able to run two different apps concurrently is a huge win. Can copy and paste stuff from one to the other easily.

You can chat with somebody you are trying to find at the same time as having the Maps app up and running...

You can call me 'Living in the '90s' but I also really like the stylus - Great for photographing something and then adding handwritten notes and annotations to...

S
Old Mar 30th 2015, 3:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've backed off on getting the latest mobiles - the cost of the current generation of large screen smartphones is just too high. $800++ ($1200 for the top of the range Apple!) for a phone is crazy

I currently have a Motorola Moto G 4G which I got for just over $200. What a bargain. More pixels that a 5S, microSD, okay camera, beautifully built and Motorola's Android is very close to stock with some great features. I also have a Sony Z Ultra awaiting a new screen to replace the cracked one but you can get these new for under $350 - 4G, amazing screen, crap camera, waterproof. A bargain

Last edited by Amazulu; Mar 30th 2015 at 3:50 am.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've backed off on getting the latest mobiles - the cost of the current generation of large screen smartphones is just too high. $800++ ($1200 for the top of the Range Apple!) for a phone is crazy

I currently have a Motorola Moto G 4G which I got for just over $200. What a bargain. More pixels that a 5S, microSD, okay camera, beautifully built and Motorola's Android is very close to stock with some great features. I also have a Sony Z Ultra awaiting a new screen to replace the cracked one but you can get these new for under $350 - 4G, amazing screen, crap camera, waterproof. A bargain
Don't like a contract then?
Old Mar 30th 2015, 3:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Don't like a contract then?
I've moved away from contracts as I found that I was making few calls but using a lot of data. To get a good phone on contract you need to spend $70 a month plus which is a waste as I won't make the calls. I've moved onto a Virgin plan of $20 plus $10 data pack with which I get enough call allowance plus 4Gb of 4G, which suits me. This was a special offer that I don't think is still available

I also use Skype a lot on my mobile. Microsoft recently had a sale with half price packages, so I got $50 for $24 and this will last me ages
Old Mar 30th 2015, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One thing I thought was interesting. Chrome on the Note remembered my surfing habits from the S3 and from my PC obviously through my gmail login. The Note also told me all the apps I had installed on the S3. All very handy and so easy to get the new phone to where i was in the old, but it does make you wonder what google are really collecting.

Safari users win right to sue http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32083188
Old Mar 30th 2015, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless proven otherwise, I think its best to assume Google collect just about everything you've ever done on your phone or PC
Old Mar 31st 2015, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Unless proven otherwise, I think its best to assume Google collect just about everything you've ever done on your phone or PC
They're too clever for our own good.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Brilliant. Now what could Apple possibly sell me.

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/apple-will-let-you-swap-your-android-device-for-an-iphone
Old Mar 31st 2015, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant. Now what could Apple possibly sell me.

Apple Will Let You Swap Your Android Device For An iPhone | The LAD Bible
Actually this is a really admirable move by Apple. More and more people are switching to IOS as seen by the high number of activations on IOS devices as opposed to Android. They were getting a lot of business without doing this but give you some money back anyway and will recycle your old phone. They've done this trade in with heir own older devices. Fair play Apple.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 2:38 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Actually this is a really admirable move by Apple. More and more people are switching to IOS as seen by the high number of activations on IOS devices as opposed to Android. They were getting a lot of business without doing this but give you some money back anyway and will recycle your old phone. They've done this trade in with heir own older devices. Fair play Apple.
Not really.

Apple always get a bit of a boost of releasing the new phone, as the fanbois all dutifully wait in line. This time they got a little extra as some of those that had given up on them ever catching up with where the market was got the iphablet with a "finally". However the overall numbers really didn't change that much, still less than 20% of shipments

As for giving a pittance for android phones, is all part of apple's reality distortion field. They buy back old iphones to try and keep the market price for those artificially high; and this "we'll give you $2 for that Samsung" is designed to warp the pricing anchors of consumers.

Of course, the reason they have the money to do this is because of the massive overpricing that goes on in apple world - 70% margins on the iphone 6.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GarryP
Not really.

Apple always get a bit of a boost of releasing the new phone, as the fanbois all dutifully wait in line. This time they got a little extra as some of those that had given up on them ever catching up with where the market was got the iphablet with a "finally". However the overall numbers really didn't change that much, still less than 20% of shipments

http://cdn.geekwire.com/wp-content/u...2.38.29-PM.png

As for giving a pittance for android phones, is all part of apple's reality distortion field. They buy back old iphones to try and keep the market price for those artificially high; and this "we'll give you $2 for that Samsung" is designed to warp the pricing anchors of consumers.

Of course, the reason they have the money to do this is because of the massive overpricing that goes on in apple world - 70% margins on the iphone 6.
I thought you might chime in. The number of IOS activations over the past 6 months is massive in comparison to Android. Your 4 year graph shows how selective you are with the facts. IOS is winning people back probably due to the iPhone size upgrade.

Like I said, they didn't need to offer a trade in scheme for Android devices, they were already getting that business. This is a good move for the environment. Also, if you're ever prepared to analyse these things on a per device basis as opposed to OS, you'll see that Samsung, HTC, Google etc have all done badly. The iPhone was really the only winner for the past six months. The Samsung S6 might change things a bit but they have just moved closer to an iPhone clone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.