Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

All the eggs in China's basket

All the eggs in China's basket

Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the eggs in China's basket

A Dollar aint looking so hot today either .....
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:04 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
i cant get onto the perth mint bullion buying website for love nor money
I'm going to go after work and see what's going on. I reckon this is it. The big one, the COMEX default that no one could have seen coming.

Force Majeure Was the End Game All Along!

http://blog.milesfranklin.com/force-...game-all-along
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:23 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I'm going to go after work and see what's going on. I reckon this is it. The big one, the COMEX default that no one could have seen coming.

Problem is, the big one has been imminent for years now.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

........ so in translation, precious metals are about to fall through the floor? What's that mean for the mortals?
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Today will be a bad one on the Aussie markets.

Yesterday I had my face torn off and then my arse was handed to me. Worst day ever in my investing life, lost thousands...

Ho hum, easy come, easy go.
Should have listened to GG re the banking stocks........
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

so was there anything happening down there ??

not sure whether to buy today or wait and see what happens this week
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

just seen perth mint are out of stock of both 10oz and 1kg silver bars........surely they just need to update their inventory
Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:40 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

so was there anything happening down there ??

not sure whether to buy today or wait and see what happens this week
At this stage you're better off putting your money behind Monetary Armageddon, the 3.30 at Flemington.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

just seen perth mint are out of stock of both 10oz and 1kg silver bars........surely they just need to update their inventory
I saw a report on Silverstackers (maybe the same one you saw) that they were out of 10oz'ers but it wasn't true. I was in yesterday afternoon and they had 10oz bars. I looked into the vault and there was heaps of either kilo or 100oz bars, I couldn't tell which.

...but for how much longer? Everyone was buying.

Last edited by renth; Apr 17th 2013 at 12:13 am.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:29 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Beoz
........ so in translation, precious metals are about to fall through the floor? What's that mean for the mortals?
It means the "paper" silver price i.e. ETFs like SLV or PSLV, GLD, futures contracts etc... will totally plummet except you won't be able to buy physical metal anywhere at any price. The COMEX shuts down for a few days and then its a cash market with prices multiples higher.

This video is interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZhFZF940eYU
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a report on Silverstackers (maybe the same one you saw) that they were out of 10oz'ers but it wasn't true. I was in yesterday afternoon and they had 10oz bars. I looked into the vault and there was heaps of either kilo or 100oz bars, I couldn't tell which.

...but for how much longer? Everyone was buying.
Why would people be buying raw silver if the price is about to plummet ? Is there a bounceback predicted or something ?
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Why would people be buying raw silver if the price is about to plummet ? Is there a bounceback predicted or something ?
I'm putting all my wealth in chocolate digestives. I've been hoarding them for weeks.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:51 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Have a watch of the video and do a bit of Googling. I don't want to go into too much detail here but some people, myself included believe the precious metals markets are heavily manipulated and this can only go on for so long before a huge upswing in price.

The current prices of gold and silver are pretty close to or below the cost of primary production.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

do you reckon this is going go down or up in the next couple of days though ............ that is the question
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:04 am
(It's not my real name)

do you reckon this is going go down or up in the next couple of days though ............ that is the question
It will go up

...unless it goes down.

To be honest I think we are likely to see a bit of a short squeeze (so up a bit in the short term).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.