British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Alex "Hurricane" Higgins (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/alex-hurricane-higgins-620552/)

NELBHOY Jul 16th 2009 5:39 pm

Alex "Hurricane" Higgins

Just back from Belfast today & bumped into the great Hurricane Higgins.
What a sad state he's in. Must weigh about 7stone. He was in Robinsons bar across from Europa hotel, but could hardly sit still. He was going in & out the bookies next door. The taxi driver said he plays pool against punters for a fiver for drink.
Does anybody know if he has the big C or what cause he looks like shit:(

wannabe in oz Jul 16th 2009 5:46 pm

Re: Alex "Hurricane" Higgins

i think he had throat cancer a few years backs, but your right he looks like death warmed up,

Jen1977ni Jul 16th 2009 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7758757)
Just back from Belfast today & bumped into the great Hurricane Higgins.
What a sad state he's in. Must weigh about 7stone. He was in Robinsons bar across from Europa hotel, but could hardly sit still. He was going in & out the bookies next door. The taxi driver said he plays pool against punters for a fiver for drink.
Does anybody know if he has the big C or what cause he looks like shit:(

How'd Belfast go? I take it you didn't venture up to scarva like I suggested lol

moneypenny20 Jul 17th 2009 2:22 am

Thought this was going to be a RIP thread and thankfully it's not but it sounds like it won't be long. Very sad end to a brilliant career.

Rainydaze Jul 17th 2009 4:32 am

Poor guy's been like this for years now. I saw him propping up a bar in Belfast about 97/98 and it looked like he'd been been there for days.

NELBHOY Jul 17th 2009 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 7758807)
How'd Belfast go? I take it you didn't venture up to scarva like I suggested lol

No Jen didn't make it:D
It was brilliant. As usual the people in Belfast were great. The flight was 15mins:rofl: It was so easy to get to. Had tapas & cava in, I think, Victoria Square shopping center???
Benedicts was a laugh, but I had forgotten about some of the clientele at night:ohmy:
Did feel a bit down when I saw Alex Higgins though. I bought him a drink, but he had to write down what he wanted as his voice was gone. Poor bugger.
Thought I saw you with your police uniform in the Crown, but then she started stripping........:rofl::rofl:

Call me AL Jul 17th 2009 8:27 am

Alex Higgins is a top bloke.
I watched him play an exhibition match in Belfast many years ago. It still ranks as one of the best nights-out I've ever had. :thumbup:

Jen1977ni Jul 17th 2009 8:41 am

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7760242)
No Jen didn't make it:D
It was brilliant. As usual the people in Belfast were great. The flight was 15mins:rofl: It was so easy to get to. Had tapas & cava in, I think, Victoria Square shopping center???
Benedicts was a laugh, but I had forgotten about some of the clientele at night:ohmy:
Did feel a bit down when I saw Alex Higgins though. I bought him a drink, but he had to write down what he wanted as his voice was gone. Poor bugger.
Thought I saw you with your police uniform in the Crown, but then she started stripping........:rofl::rofl:

HAHA SARKY GIT LOL

Glad you'd a good time...Victoria Square is a nice wee spot, only new in the past year or so.....

scottishcelts Jul 17th 2009 8:47 am

He was always top entertainment wasn't he though Nelbhoy, i thought he was brilliant, he stuck out like a sore thumb in snooker. Bit like John Mcenroe in tennis :thumbup:

NELBHOY Jul 17th 2009 8:56 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7760374)
He was always top entertainment wasn't he though Nelbhoy, i thought he was brilliant, he stuck out like a sore thumb in snooker. Bit like John Mcenroe in tennis :thumbup:

Aye politically incorrect drunken bigot. My hero:wub::D:D

scottishcelts Jul 17th 2009 9:08 am

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7760398)
Aye politically incorrect drunken bigot. My hero:wub::D:D

:rofl:

Bernieboy Jul 17th 2009 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Rainydaze (Post 7759985)
Poor guy's been like this for years now. I saw him propping up a bar in Belfast about 97/98 and it looked like he'd been been there for days.

That was me ya daft mare:D

Bernieboy Jul 17th 2009 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Call me AL (Post 7760319)
Alex Higgins is a top bloke.
I watched him play an exhibition match in Belfast many years ago. It still ranks as one of the best nights-out I've ever had. :thumbup:

You want to get out more mate hoo haa:p

scottishcelts Jul 17th 2009 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 7760625)
You want to get out more mate hoo haa:p

He can't - he's a little ...tied up indoors (especially around March, aint that right AL!) ;)

Bernieboy Jul 17th 2009 10:53 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7760630)
He can't - he's a little ...tied up indoors (especially around March, aint that right AL!) ;)

Kinky sex that's all you think about;)