Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Albany Creek area, what do you do here?

Wikiposts

Albany Creek area, what do you do here?

Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:51 pm
gop
Forum Regular

gop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Albany Creek area, what do you do here?

Hello, anyone living here or surrounds, what do you do in this area for pleasure. Do you know of any nice places to eat apart from Junk food, where do you go out. I am hoping that there might be some places tucked away that I dont know about or is this wishful thinking. New to the area and feeling rather bored. Any suggestions ! Jane
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:01 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Albany Creek area, what do you do here?

Originally Posted by gop
Hello, anyone living here or surrounds, what do you do in this area for pleasure. Do you know of any nice places to eat apart from Junk food, where do you go out. I am hoping that there might be some places tucked away that I dont know about or is this wishful thinking. New to the area and feeling rather bored. Any suggestions ! Jane
Dear Jane

We live just up the road in Cashmere (10 mins away), the kids go to ACSS, do you have any kids and which school do they go to?

We've been here for just over 4 months. What activities are you looking at doing?

You just have to travel, but there are shedloads of things to do and see, depends what you're into.

Rich
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:01 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gop
Ziggabalis italian in Strathpine is ok
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:12 pm
gop
Forum Regular

gop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond reputegop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Dear Jane

We live just up the road in Cashmere (10 mins away), the kids go to ACSS, do you have any kids and which school do they go to?

We've been here for just over 4 months. What activities are you looking at doing?

You just have to travel, but there are shedloads of things to do and see, depends what you're into.

Rich
Well Good Morning, yes we have three, Keira is 14 an at albany high, Oliver is at albany creek state school, they started last Wednesday. How old are your children. Daniella goes to Kelvin Grove College.
Because we have not been here very long we have not yet got into anything but would be open to suggestions.
What I would really like is to go somewhere nice for lunch today, but not too far away,although thats today. Jane
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by gop
Well Good Morning, yes we have three, Keira is 14 an at albany high, Oliver is at albany creek state school, they started last Wednesday. How old are your children. Daniella goes to Kelvin Grove College.
Because we have not been here very long we have not yet got into anything but would be open to suggestions.
What I would really like is to go somewhere nice for lunch today, but not too far away,although thats today. Jane
Go here today very nice. Head along Eatons crossing road which leads you to Samford.

Our two are 6 (year 1) and nearly 9 (year 4). I'll PM my mobile and we'll meet up and say hello on Monday morning at school if you like.

The hotel above is well worth a visit. If you have time after pop up to Mount Glorious which isn't far from there, you'll think you're back in England as it's so green.

Rich
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:29 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Go here today very nice. Head along Eatons crossing road which leads you to Samford.

Our two are 6 (year 1) and nearly 9 (year 4). I'll PM my mobile and we'll meet up and say hello on Monday morning at school if you like.

The hotel above is well worth a visit. If you have time after pop up to Mount Glorious which isn't far from there, you'll think you're back in England as it's so green.

Rich
I can vouch for the Samford Hotel - very nice. Rossi - we had the koala back a few times recently. Any time you fancy another coffee/beer just give us a shout.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:39 pm
gop
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I can vouch for the Samford Hotel - very nice. Rossi - we had the koala back a few times recently. Any time you fancy another coffee/beer just give us a shout.
Just my luck it looks good but just heard from hubby, he is still at work and will not be back in time for lunch. Might pop along later though to have a look.
We looked at a rental in Samford Village am I close?

See you at school monday.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by gop
Just my luck it looks good but just heard from hubby, he is still at work and will not be back in time for lunch. Might pop along later though to have a look.
We looked at a rental in Samford Village am I close?

See you at school monday.
Yes you're close, that is a very nice area if you've got pots of money.

Check you're PM box, give us a ring or I will you. I get there about 08:30, but never leave till just before 9am.

Rich
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

katcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gop
Hey Jane,
We live in McDowall, 5 mins from Albany Creek. Theres a nice thai restuarant on Becketts Road called Lime (yummy). Ambrosia (in albany creek shopping place) is quite nice either for morning coffee or an evening meal.........very scrummy!! Hogs Breath in Aspley is nice too..............good steaks! I like the restuarants outside of Chermsides Westfield, also got Gilhooleys too We like going to Redcliffe (20 mins drive away). Theres the sea there, a few cafes, shops, it's nice! Also got an outdoor pool which is good for kids.

Rach x
Old Jul 29th 2006, 2:01 pm

Would love to Graham, just waiting on a couple of job interview decisions so I may be bringing around something stronger hopefully.

Was out on my mountain bike a few weeks ago and saw my first wild roo and we've seen a couple of Koalas down the park which Lynn has just reminded me she spotted.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 2:05 pm
Banned

Would love to Graham, just waiting on a couple of job interview decisions so I may be bringing around something stronger hopefully.

Was out on my mountain bike a few weeks ago and saw my first wild roo and we've seen a couple of Koalas down the park which Lynn has just reminded me she spotted.
Friends that just left were well impressed at the roos down the bottom of the garden.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 2:07 pm
gop
Forum Regular

Friends that just left were well impressed at the roos down the bottom of the garden.
So where do you live then?
Old Jul 29th 2006, 2:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by gop
So where do you live then?
Kurwongbah
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:05 pm

Kurwongbah
That's No.32 on the Thai menu isn't it?
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

That's No.32 on the Thai menu isn't it?
With a nice bottle of Speckled Hen thrown in
BBQ'd chihuahua next time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.