Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Airline with Indian Jain(pure Vegetarian) food

Airline with Indian Jain(pure Vegetarian) food

Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice
Default Re: Airline with Indian Jain(pure Vegetarian) food

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
http://www.iskcon.net.au/food/allRestaurants

Thought this might be of interest for when you arrive

If you google there are also a number of places that do delivery of Jain in central melbourne
Thanks Geelong Gent, you have been quite caring
Regards
Sanjay
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
Thanks Geelong Gent, you have been quite caring
Regards
Sanjay
Are the tickets booked? Which airline are you finally going for
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:03 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

My knowledge of the Jain diet is very sketchy but having had the Indian vegetarian meal again on SIA last month, I'm not certain it will be strict enough for some. There were definitely onions in my meal.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:23 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ecialmeals.jsp - Singapore Airlines

http://www.emirates.com/au/english/p...uirements.aspx - Emirates

Also look at Cathay, Thai who have details of Jain catering available.

Interestingly, and slightly off topic, but a special request meal discounts any chance of upgrading at the airport for operative reasons. The airline has to load special meals and wont have catered for a Y class passenger with a special meal being moved into J (business).

Last edited by Centurion; Jul 21st 2009 at 10:26 am.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:18 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ecialmeals.jsp - Singapore Airlines

http://www.emirates.com/au/english/p...uirements.aspx - Emirates

Also look at Cathay, Thai who have details of Jain catering available.

Interestingly, and slightly off topic, but a special request meal discounts any chance of upgrading at the airport for operative reasons. The airline has to load special meals and wont have catered for a Y class passenger with a special meal being moved into J (business).
I get a vegetarian meal and I've been upgraded to business class before. They have shedloads of food on board for business/first class so i just chose a veggie meal from the menu. No hassle, no-one mentioned anything about me having booked a veggie meal in cattle class.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Are the tickets booked? Which airline are you finally going for
I am going by Thai Airlines, though I have opted for VJML food(Jain food) but am not sure whether they are going to serve the same on flight or going to make some excuse coz have heard a lot of bad things regarding food in Thai Airways
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RedT
I get a vegetarian meal and I've been upgraded to business class before.
Yeah, I`m sure I got upgraded and still got given the veggie option. That was a while ago on BA. I didn`t even realise I`d been upgraded until I wondered why the nice lady kept asking me if I wanted any more food!

Wonder if I can order a vegan meal and still hope for an upgrade...

Another slightly off-topic thought, my mother orders the Indian veggie meal, and it always looks nicer than the `standard` one!

Has anyone else noticed that the quality of food can depend on where you`re flying FROM? BA food from UK - fine. BA food from US - noone explained vegan to you, did they?!

Apologies for stream-of-conscious post. Should have gone to bed a while ago...!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

One of the options with Emirates is a 'bland' meal.

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...uirements.aspx

That's all I've ever had for an airline meal!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:27 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
One of the options with Emirates is a 'bland' meal.

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...uirements.aspx

That's all I've ever had for an airline meal!
How would you know that there isn't an amoeba on the lettuce? Wouldn't that invalidate the vegtarianness of it?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:28 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
Hi,
Is there some Airline from India which offers Indian Jain(pure vegetarian) food?
Air India?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Deancm
Air India?
Flew with them once and trust me, I wouldn't recommend anyone. Air India is run by a bunch of *******, who know sh** about business and customer satisfaction.

However i'm not sure if they serve Indian Jain food or not.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Flew with them once and trust me, I wouldn't recommend anyone. Air India is run by a bunch of *******, who know sh** about business and customer satisfaction.

However i'm not sure if they serve Indian Jain food or not.
According to their website, these are the diets available on their flights but they don't mention the word Jain and I have no idea if one of these mentioned is Jain:

http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpag...ed.aspx?MID=22
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
According to their website, these are the diets available on their flights but they don't mention the word Jain and I have no idea if one of these mentioned is Jain:

http://home.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpag...ed.aspx?MID=22

None of them looks like a typical Jain food. However there is always an option, "Fruit Platter"