After 19 months....

Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After 19 months....

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Someone posted a link on here for one way insurance.

We are going to insure ourselves for a month - its about 50quid.

www.duinsure.com (think thats it)
Why do you want to do that just insure yourselves until you get here, then go & register with Medicare.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:58 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
tell her i was asking for her, i pm'd her a few times, but thought she must ave dropped off the face of scotland
Dont think she has internet access

But when she next phones Ill tell her you were asking after her
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:42 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Booking the flights was the scariest thing for me. And then friends who we'd told months before we were emigrating saying, shocked, 'You've booked the flights?!'.

'So you really are going?!'

'Sh*t, we never thought you'd really go!'

Sam, bring Gordon, please. We brought our cats and they love Oz to bits.

Where are you thinking of living NOR or SOR? If it's SOR, I'll be happy to help if I can.

It's all real now!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:52 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as you can't carry much in the way of toiletries as hand-luggage these days (each bottle max 100ml and in total only 1000ml) I never have that much hand-luggage. The crucial thing is if they say one piece only, they mean ONE piece only, and with maximum dimensions. IME they only weigh your carryon if it looks heavy - I've perfected the art of making it look light.

If you can get a bag, within dimensions, that holds your laptop, your paperwork - including all your personal documents - jewellery, etc., you'll be right. (My husband travels a lot and sometimes carries two laptops plus personal effects including endless gadgets, sometimes a suit and change of clothes if he's only on an overnighter.)

We usually travel on SIA - they're pretty helpful.

Five years now since I moved - I'm sure somebody who moved more recently will come up with more tips.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:05 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Sam, bring Gordon, please. We brought our cats and they love Oz to bits.

Where are you thinking of living NOR or SOR? If it's SOR, I'll be happy to help if I can.

It's all real now!

We do really want to bring Gordon but at the moment it is down to finances (sudden change in our situation)

But things are still being discussed.

We are not sure where to live yet, it depends on jobs I suppose.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:53 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

The flights have been booked for March 2008 with Singapore Airlines.

I feel excited, scared, emotional, scared of leaving my Dad, I want my Mum and I cant wait to see Gobbyjock.

Makes sense? Not bloody likely!

We have got good flights though and if anyone can recommend an overnight hotel in Singapore then that would be nice.

And if anyone else would like to add to the mish mash of emotions that they felt once they hit the 'submit' button on the airline site then please feel free so I know Im not totally mad.
OMG This is brilliant news

WELL DONE
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:01 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

I feel excited, scared, emotional, scared of leaving my Dad, I want my Mum and I cant wait to see Gobbyjock.

We have got good flights though and if anyone can recommend an overnight hotel in Singapore then that would be nice.

And if anyone else would like to add to the mish mash of emotions that they felt once they hit the 'submit' button on the airline site then please feel free so I know Im not totally mad.

i dont know how i missed this,,,i am so pleased for you...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ast
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:12 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

You're mad, don't do it, it's an ambush

Seriously, well done, good luck, enjoy
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You're mad, don't do it, it's an ambush

Seriously, well done, good luck, enjoy
Just saw your post Sam!!! Good luck, you deserve it!!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Just saw your post Sam!!! Good luck, you deserve it!!
Its five months away and Im not sleeping at nights - bloody hell

Im going to start making lists of what we have to do and what stuff we are going to sell.

I was so organised in getting the visa and now Im as much use as a choccie teabag. Dont know whats wrong with me.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Its called expatisillititis

Mandy
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2

Mandy
Thats OK then, can it be cured?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:14 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Its five months away and Im not sleeping at nights - bloody hell

Im going to start making lists of what we have to do and what stuff we are going to sell.

I was so organised in getting the visa and now Im as much use as a choccie teabag. Dont know whats wrong with me.

Hello hun cant believe your actually on the way, fantastic news. Dont sell owt, bring it all, if your using it there you will use it here good luck hun, BTW where did you decide to settle?

Nev X.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2

Mandy
Only with a good dose of sunshine and aussie beer

Mandy