Wikiposts

Affair

Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Am I losing my mind is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Affair

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Be aware that this is usually against site rules so please PM Sue so she can approve the second username. Otherwise you run the risk of having both names banned for creating multiples.

Yes you are. You have admitted to an emotional affair. That's cheating.

IMO the emotional affair is far worse than the physical. It's a betrayal of your husband's trust. If my husband had a one-off shag in a drunken heat of the moment situation I could probably forgive it. If he carried on an affair of emotions I would kick his ass so far out the door he wouldn't know what hit him.
Thank you. I have PM'd Sue.

I accept I have emotionally cheated. I just have to hope that because I have stopped before it went to the next level, that I haven't completely screwed up my marriage. All I can do at this stage is make sure I don't see him again, don't let anything happen, and work very hard on my marriage.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:56 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am I losing my mind
All I can do at this stage is make sure I don't see him again, don't let anything happen, and work very hard on my marriage.
Exactly!

Now stop being a knob and go and act out your fantasies on your husband
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

You can dress it up how you like, but you have already betrayed your husband. You are now in a situation where you have lost all dignity and any right to the moral high ground.

How you recover from this, I don't really know, but I suggest that you get your shit together, and quick. I find it quite repulsive that as well as betraying your husband with another man, you are also flaunting it on here behind his back. If there are problems within your marriage, you talk about them with your husband or wife.

You don't feather your nest elsewhere then present them with a done deal. Do unto others and all that................it means a lot.

I can never understand a man or woman who would take somebody's husband or wife. I mean, how could you ever ever relax? You have the dubious honor of living with a cheat and a liar who will drop you as soon as a whiff of something better comes along.

There you go, my opinion, for what its worth.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:59 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This poster has said she is going to end it so I think the thread should be closed, otherwise every man and his dog is going to post their opinion - when there is no need to.
If the OP wants the thread closed they are welcome to ask. Threads are not closed simply because other posters think they should be.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the fact that the OP feels badly enough to spill her guts on here really should be enough to spare her the 'you've been unfaithful' stuff.

Clearly if she didn't value her marriage then she wouldn't have posted

Obviously it has to stop now, cut all ties and move on. But don't comdemn her to a life of guilt for getting to the brink and stopping.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask yourself if you truly love your husband and want to grow old with him. If not, end it. You only live once.
It will be very difficult to resist the temptation to take this affair further and all the time you are investing in this emotionally takes you further away from your husband and closer to this other man.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
I think the fact that the OP feels badly enough to spill her guts on here really should be enough to spare her the 'you've been unfaithful' stuff.

Clearly if she didn't value her marriage then she wouldn't have posted

Obviously it has to stop now, cut all ties and move on. But don't comdemn her to a life of guilt for getting to the brink and stopping.
You don't spill your guts on a public internet forum and get to choose who posts a response or what they say. If the OP 'felt bad', she wouldn't have gone where she did in the first place.

Also, I don't see what valuing her marriage has to do with posting on here? Surely she'd be trying to patch things up if that was the case? Given the moral high ground taken by most of the posters on this forum, I'd say there's bugger all chance of the OP getting a pat on the back for stopping after "a few little kisses".

Last edited by lonndongeek; Feb 9th 2010 at 7:06 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If the OP wants the thread closed they are welcome to ask. Threads are not closed simply because other posters think they should be.
Yes quite. This thread has the potential to become an interesting "generic" debate on affairs and so on. FWIW I think the OP is doing the right thing in going back to her husband, so long as the marriage really is happy, as she describes.

To those saying she shouldn't bring this up on a forum - then what are these things for? She has the capability on this forum to ask for advice, and she can do so anonymously. What is wrong with that?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
You can dress it up how you like, but you have already betrayed your husband. You are now in a situation where you have lost all dignity and any right to the moral high ground.

How you recover from this, I don't really know, but I suggest that you get your shit together, and quick. I find it quite repulsive that as well as betraying your husband with another man, you are also flaunting it on here behind his back. If there are problems within your marriage, you talk about them with your husband or wife.
I see where you're coming from but I think those comments are a bit harsh but hey, they're your opinion so they're valid. I don't see it as flaunting, I see it as a cry for help to be honest, whilst knowing really what they have to do. Sounds like a horrible situation and one, thankfully, neither I nor you (presumably) have found ourselves in.
Just Joined

Am I losing my mind is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
You don't spill your guts on a public internet forum and get to choose who posts a response or what they say. If the OP 'felt bad', she wouldn't have gone where she did in the first place.
Of course I feel bad! That's why I've stopped it before it goes any further! I feel bloody awful, as indeed I should.

As I said, it has stopped before it goes any further. It is not going to happen, and I am going to do whatever I can to work on my marriage.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

We are all human..... EO.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

I would advise the OP to get the thread closed now, it's set to become a bit of a circus already. Sorry you've not received a little more support.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereandthere
To those saying she shouldn't bring this up on a forum - then what are these things for? She has the capability on this forum to ask for advice, and she can do so anonymously. What is wrong with that?
Absolutely, but she has said she is going to end it - what's the point in continuing the thread? It's now just opinions and they mean shit all in this case.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:15 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely, but she has said she is going to end it - what's the point in continuing the thread? It's now just people opinions and they mean shit all in this case.
The unsubscribe link is just below and to the left of the last post on any thread.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely, but she has said she is going to end it - what's the point in continuing the thread? It's now just opinions and they mean shit all in this case.
If you don't like it, stop reading. I'm sure if you ask nicely, we can all go back to "Is Perth as boring as it's made out to be?" and "Will my rabbit work in Australia?".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.