British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Advice column (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/advice-column-708894/)

Sherlock Holmes Mar 11th 2011 12:21 pm

Advice column

1 Attachment(s)
I think we should have an "agony aunt" sort of thing in B.E.

Here is an offer to start it rolling.

eddie007 Mar 11th 2011 12:43 pm

Re: Advice column

I have a problem

I gotta bestest mate, but then me kid and his kid tried to be funny with each other and no one was laughing and then Me best mate ignored me on FB and I ignored him on here and then i spat my dummy and he threw his rattle out of his pram....

Can you untwist our knickers for us????:(

Pollyana Mar 11th 2011 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9232763)
I have a problem

I gotta bestest mate, but then me kid and his kid tried to be funny with each other and no one was laughing and then Me best mate ignored me on FB and I ignored him on here and then i spat my dummy and he threw his rattle out of his pram....

Break him in with an easy one to sort out then :D

sonlymewalter Mar 11th 2011 12:54 pm

I have a problem

let the kids fight it out and don't get involved & you go to the hills and have a beer with him.

Sorted:thumbup:

eddie007 Mar 11th 2011 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 9232788)
let the kids fight it out and don't get involved & you go to the hills and have a beer with him.

Sorted:thumbup:

Dunno whether that can be arranged before the world ends next friday...

Reckon the yanks predicted an australian tsunami coz they know the truth and the govt is denying it coz they dont want us all to panic and rush to the centre of oz coz the country will simply fall in on itself if we all did that... Its living on the edge that keeps it stable you know

sonlymewalter Mar 11th 2011 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9232804)
.........Reckon the yanks predicted an australian tsunami coz they know the truth and the govt is denying it coz they dont want us all to panic and rush to the centre of oz coz the country will simply fall in on itself if we all did that... Its living on the edge that keeps it stable you know

just get a big daddy's pie and sit in a tree. No problemo:thumbup:

eddie007 Mar 11th 2011 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 9232812)
just get a big daddy's pie and sit in a tree. No problemo:thumbup:

Is "big dadDies" the literal translation of frey bentos?

sonlymewalter Mar 11th 2011 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9232821)
Is "big dadDies" the literal translation of frey bentos?

nope one is in a tin the other cooked fresh....

don't like pies espcially in a tin...bleugh......

eddie007 Mar 11th 2011 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 9232889)
nope one is in a tin the other cooked fresh....

don't like pies espcially in a tin...bleugh......

Ummmmm.... If you dont cook pie in a pie tin what do you cook it in?

Wonder whether Pyrex is called PIe Rex coz its the king of pie making equipment?

sonlymewalter Mar 11th 2011 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9232908)
Ummmmm.... If you dont cook pie in a pie tin what do you cook it in?

Wonder whether Pyrex is called PIe Rex coz its the king of pie making equipment?

I hear ya, I guess its the cat food that puts me off:unsure:

Rambi Mar 11th 2011 8:46 pm

I have a problem

Bring beer. :thumbup:

Sherlock Holmes Mar 12th 2011 12:13 am

I have a problem

Prams can be a problem, especially when they develop rattles. Try looking on ebay for a new one. Oiling a pram has to be done by a professional.

DeadVim Mar 12th 2011 12:18 am

Dear Deidre,

I have a problem I was hoping you could help with, I was led to believe that nuclear power was safe these days so have built some of those there fancy reactors.

The issue being that since we had a bit of earthmoving we have lost power and can't cool some of our reactors down.

I am beginning to think investing in the windmills and solar power might have been the go.

Advice ASAP please, SAE enclosed.

Sincerely,
Dave.

Rambi Mar 12th 2011 1:40 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 9233937)
Dear Deidre,

I have a problem I was hoping you could help with, I was led to believe that nuclear power was safe these days so have built some of those there fancy reactors.

The issue being that since we had a bit of earthmoving we have lost power and can't cool some of our reactors down.

I am beginning to think investing in the windmills and solar power might have been the go.

Advice ASAP please, SAE enclosed.

Sincerely,
Dave.

Don't be silly. Nuclear power station accidents only happen in Russia (or is it the Ukraine). Anyhow they won't affect anything larger than the size of Europe and you'll be able to sell your lambs again in about 20 years time.

Remember, nuclear power is clean and cheap. (If you forget about the bits that are dirty and expensive.)

Don't worry about it. Bring beer. :thumbup:

Pollyana Mar 12th 2011 5:36 am

Dear Deirdre,

I have run out of beer, please help,

Regards

Thirsty Witch