Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Adult cyber bullying a minor... What next?

Adult cyber bullying a minor... What next?

Old Feb 28th 2012, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Adult cyber bullying a minor... What next?

Well the next action is to contact the police I think...

Hoppalong kid... 13 year old girl... Sociable kid... Lots of friends who are boys coz she doesnt get that theres a diffence yet...

Delightful new female friend... Since high school started a few weeks ago....

Obviously a bit odd... Family a bit odd too... Did suggest it wasnt a good idea to hang around too much with her... Mum ignored, couldnt put my finger on it... Gut action and years of experience just rang alarm bells...

New friend starts phoning ALL hours... 1,2,3 am on school nights... Problem solved switch the phone off at night....

Then theres a boy the new friend fancies... Who is a friend of the hoppalong kid...

Now... Friends mother is ...um.... NFR.... (normal For Rockingham)

Sends hoppalong kid a txt

1st u fluck her by being with " boysname," now ur chasing the guy she luvs. Wot nxt? She forgave u4 the "boysname" thing and now ur doing this! Bare in mind she could make your life very hard. Lucky 4 you shes noy like that keep going she just mite u no wot i'm saying . So fluckin quit while u can

TBH I assumed it was from the girl herself ... Sent from her mums phone...

Easy... Cut her off, block her on FB, dont answer her calls, or calls from her mum, stay away from her in school..... Sorted...

So Hoppalong carries on with her little life... Carries on being friends with her firends... Hello trees, hello flowers.. Hello sunshine chiz chiz (for those familiar with Down Wiv Skool books...)

0412 this morning missed call
0413 this morning missed call
0418 this mirning missed call

0426 txt

"ur r ****in gon this time cnut, u wanna play wid me bring it on. Watch u bak. U got warned. Keep goin u r ded Ho"

Followed by two further equally articulate and pleasant texts... Sent from the mothers phone.

Now... i'm still thinking that this charming young lady has borrowed Mummys mobile phone...whilst she is asleep... But Hoppalong says the text is pretty much how Mummy talks most of the time...

Family conference at this end ensues.. And joy of joys I AM allowed to go to the police after all...

Sweet.

Ho Hum.....
Old Feb 28th 2012, 11:30 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adult cyber bullying a minor... What next?

There are some very unpleasant people in this world. Mobile phones, texting, facebook and the like seem to be giving these unpleasant people more freedom to share their poison.

I agree go to the police with this, it has to be nipped in the bud. I would also put the school on warning that there is a situation which you are dealing with and that it is in the hands of the police so you don't want them to do anything which might hinder their enquiries but you need them to be on alert that there may be repercussions.

If you still have copies of call records and texts, I would hang on to them just in case you need them in the future even if the Police don't do anything now, although I would hope that they would action this

Hope hopalong is still smelling the flowers and smiling, happy kids like that make life special no matter what other crap gets thrown at us, I know, I have one!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 11:41 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey.....Definitely take action. Inform the school and the police immediately. Hopefully the woman is just off her head in the early hours (not that this excuses anything at all) and doesn't really know what she's doing but in case it's more intentionally malicious you want it on record.

Good luck Eddie.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Crikey.....Definitely take action. Inform the school and the police immediately. Hopefully the woman is just off her head in the early hours (not that this excuses anything at all) and doesn't really know what she's doing but in case it's more intentionally malicious you want it on record.

Good luck Eddie.
Lol... Yup hope she is off her face eh?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 12:08 am

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Lol... Yup hope she is off her face eh?
Sorry! I didn't mean to make light of it. Just thought it was preferable she was honking on a crack pipe and delusional rather than sitting there sober with a voodoo doll and a plan for world domination.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry! I didn't mean to make light of it. Just thought it was preferable she was honking on a crack pipe and delusional rather than sitting there sober with a voodoo doll and a plan for world domination.
I've got to retain my sense of humour... The police have been contacted and have "made a note" there isnt enougH in the texts to be a VIOLENT threat, but it certainly is misconduct...

They recommend going to court to get a Misconduct restraining order... Against who? The mother or the daughter? Whichever is sending the texts... I dont KNOW who is sending the texts... Well you would NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN ENQUIRIES...

Fluck me! I've got to pop round, knock at the door and say

"excuse me please...I am So sorry to bother you... I know you must be frightfully busy at this time, and probably quite tired too after being up all night sending txts to my daughter, but please can you confirm who it is who sent these unpleasant missives to my 13 year old"

Shockingham Nurse gets bashed Making her own enquiries...can see the headlines right now......

In light of recent events relating to certain educational establishments in this geographical area.. dont you think that they might want to be looking at the causes of these incidents and be tying to stop them happening in the first place?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 12:35 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Against who? The mother or the daughter? Whichever is sending the texts... I dont KNOW who is sending the texts... Well you would NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN ENQUIRIES...
As it is the mothers phone can you get it against her? If it is the mother all well and good, of it is the daughter then it might make her be a little bit more parental towards her daughter, even if it is only to stop herself being blamed.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 12:36 am

I've got to retain my sense of humour... The police have been contacted and have "made a note" there isnt enougH in the texts to be a VIOLENT threat, but it certainly is misconduct...

They recommend going to court to get a Misconduct restraining order... Against who? The mother or the daughter? Whichever is sending the texts... I dont KNOW who is sending the texts... Well you would NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN ENQUIRIES...

Fluck me! I've got to pop round, knock at the door and say

"excuse me please...I am So sorry to bother you... I know you must be frightfully busy at this time, and probably quite tired too after being up all night sending txts to my daughter, but please can you confirm who it is who sent these unpleasant missives to my 13 year old"

Shockingham Nurse gets bashed Making her own enquiries...can see the headlines right now......

In light of recent events relating to certain educational establishments in this geographical area.. dont you think that they might want to be looking at the causes of these incidents and be tying to stop them happening in the first place?
It might be best not to make any contact with them in case things escalate. Can your daughter get a new phone number? Even though you are effectively wronged the family sounds most unpleasant and hopefully they'll get bored and move on. Keep the doors locked at night....
Old Feb 29th 2012, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It might be best not to make any contact with them in case things escalate. Can your daughter get a new phone number? Even though you are effectively wronged the family sounds most unpleasant and hopefully they'll get bored and move on. Keep the doors locked at night....
Yup... New phone number for the hoppalong kid is required Virgin can't block incoming calls from a specific number

TBH it feels totally over the top taking this course of action... I would rather sit down with the mother, daughter my child me and a neutral facilitator and deal with this that way...

But it doesnt appear I have that option its all or nothing.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

But it doesnt appear I have that option its all or nothing.
slashing their car tyres works
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Could be a case for having to change schools.

I kid you not.

Hope it goes well.... Two choices. Maintain indifference or boots and all. Looks like it has to be the 2nd choice to me. Which by the sounds will have ramifications.

We've had Two of our kids change schools for social reasons. (Our two best acheivers (thusfar) actually) We learned after the 2nd school change that we should have changed the first one far far sooner.

It tends to come down how low you are prepared to go... and they wont come up to your level.

Sorry.... but thats my 28 years of parentings worth.

Oh read your child well..... You may well be more upset about this than she and she may not need the help.... I doubt that though.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 29th 2012 at 1:27 am.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

"U r ded Ho" is not a violent threat? What is a violent threat?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of

My sis and I received rude calls from a family friend's boyfriend. My Dad confronted him, giving him a chance to explain and he dissapeared. I wish they'd called the police. The calls were timed when he knew we were alone in the house and I felt threatened.

You did the right thing calling the police, even if they have been ineffective at least the message to your kids is that you will back them up
Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
"U r ded Ho" is not a violent threat? What is a violent threat?
I know I get violent tendencies when I read text talk. I'd send a text back saying 'When you learn to spell correctly, I may be tempted to take you seriously.'

Hope Hoppalong continues treating it all as it deserves to be treated and isn't being scared off from her friends.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I know I get violent tendencies when I read text talk. I'd send a text back saying 'When you learn to spell correctly, I may be tempted to take you seriously.'

Hope Hoppalong continues treating it all as it deserves to be treated and isn't being scared off from her friends.
At the moment I'm doing nothing.... Hoppalong is at home...she is less phased, knows what our options are but wants to speak to her dad before doing anything... I'm NOT going to knee jerk react... And I need to speak to HIM too about it... Dont trust my own judgement right now... I SO want to go knock on their door and do something illegal... Not that I would...

Honestly I despair... Where have all the "normal" people gone... And if anyone says NOR I WILL become violent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.