Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Adelaide/Perth road trip

Adelaide/Perth road trip

Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Adelaide/Perth road trip

Hubby wants to go on a road trip, possibily flying to Perth from Adelaide. One night in Perth then onto the Margaret river for a couple of days taking in the wineries. Then a road trip back to Adelaide.
Has anyone done this? Has anyone got any advise on where to stay ect?
Looking at going in June
Ta x
Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Adelaide/Perth road trip

Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
Hubby wants to go on a road trip, possibily flying to Perth from Adelaide. One night in Perth then onto the Margaret river for a couple of days taking in the wineries. Then a road trip back to Adelaide.
Has anyone done this? Has anyone got any advise on where to stay ect?
Looking at going in June
Ta x
I did this trip last year with a couple of mates and hired and one way rental Campervan. You just need to plan your overnight stops at Campsites/Roadhouses etc. We had some pre-booked and just turned up at others. Its a great trip but be prepared for long stints of driving looking at pretty much nothing !
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants View Post
I did this trip last year with a couple of mates and hired and one way rental Campervan. You just need to plan your overnight stops at Campsites/Roadhouses etc. We had some pre-booked and just turned up at others. Its a great trip but be prepared for long stints of driving looking at pretty much nothing !
Thanks for that.
Which route did you take?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
Thanks for that.
Which route did you take?
The long way !

Perth-Albany-Esperance-Kalgoorlie-Cocklebiddy roadhouse-Ceduna-Adelaide

We did the trip over 5 days covering some serious KM's.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

The long way !

Personally would take the plane, it is the hubbys 40th and he wants to do something different!!!!!!!!
Cheers for the info x
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

The long way !

I hitched the other way round from Sydney ..loved the Nullarbor...yes, it may be looking at just a straight road ahead of you all the way to the horizon , but I absolutely loved the sense of space and freedom. Definitely want to do it again and experiece that Nothingness!

Mrs Ozbaz
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ozbaz View Post
I hitched the other way round from Sydney ..loved the Nullarbor...yes, it may be looking at just a straight road ahead of you all the way to the horizon , but I absolutely loved the sense of space and freedom. Definitely want to do it again and experiece that Nothingness!

Mrs Ozbaz
I get easily bored so will really find it a challenge. Looks like we are gooing to do, just need to plan some stops on the way back and somewhere nice at the Margaret River.