Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Address to a Haggis.

Address to a Haggis.

Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:04 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Address to a Haggis.

Address to a Haggis.

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o the puddin'-race!
Aboon them a' ye tak your place,
Painch, tripe, or thairm:
Weel are ye wordy of a grace
As lang's my arm.

The groaning trencher there ye fill,
Your hurdies like a distant hill,
Your pin wad help to mend a mill
In time o need,
While thro your pores the dews distil
Like amber bead.

His knife see rustic Labour dight,
An cut you up wi ready slight,
Trenching your gushing entrails bright,
Like onie ditch;
And then, O what a glorious sight,
Warm-reekin, rich!

Then, horn for horn, they stretch an strive:
Deil tak the hindmost, on they drive,
Till a' their weel-swall'd kytes belyve
Are bent like drums;
The auld Guidman, maist like to rive,
'Bethankit' hums.

Is there that owre his French ragout,
Or olio that wad staw a sow,
Or fricassee wad mak her spew
Wi perfect sconner,
Looks down wi sneering, scornfu view
On sic a dinner?

Poor devil! see him owre his trash,
As feckless as a wither'd rash,
His spindle shank a guid whip-lash,
His nieve a nit:
Thro bloody flood or field to dash,
O how unfit!

But mark the Rustic, haggis-fed,
The trembling earth resounds his tread,
Clap in his walie nieve a blade,
He'll make it whissle;
An legs an arms, an heads will sned,
Like taps o thrissle.

Ye Pow'rs, wha mak mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill o fare,
Auld Scotland wants nae skinking ware
That jaups in luggies:
But, if ye wish her gratefu prayer,
Gie her a Haggis!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all
Default Re: Address to a Haggis.

Happy Burns Nite, we had one tonight from the Scottish butcher it was great
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:21 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Happy Burns Nite, we had one tonight from the Scottish butcher it was great
we had a curry lmao
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

A Man's A Man for A' That.

Is there for honest poverty
That hings his head, an a' that?
The coward slave, we pass him by -
We dare be poor for a' that!
For a' that, an a' that,
Our toils obscure, an a' that,
The rank is but the guinea's stamp,
The man's the gowd for a' that.

What though on hamely fare we dine,
Wear hoddin grey, an a' that?
Gie fools their silks, and knaves their wine -
A man's a man for a' that.
For a' that, an a' that.
Their tinsel show, an a' that,
The honest man, tho e'er sae poor,
Is king o men for a' that.

Ye see you birkie ca'd 'a lord,'
What struts, an stares, an a' that?
Tho hundreds worship at his word,
He's but a cuif for a' that.
For a' that, an a' that,
His ribband, star, an a' that,
The man o independent mind,
He looks an laughs at a' that.

A prince can mak a belted knight,
A marquis, duke, an a' that!
But an honest man's aboon his might -
Guid faith, he mauna fa' that!
For a' that, an a' that,
Their dignities, an a' that,
The pith o sense an pride o worth.
Are higher rank than a' that.

Then let us pray that come it may
[As come it will for a' that],
That Sense and Worth o'er a' the earth,
Shall bear the gree an a' that.
For a' that, an a' that,
It's comin yet for a' that,
That man to man, the world, o'er
Shall brithers be for a' that.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
A Man's A Man for A' That.
I'm in a good mood so I won't quote Rule 16 at you, I'll just say I haven't got a ferking clue what you're on about with your foreign stuff
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:37 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm in a good mood so I won't quote Rule 16 at you, I'll just say I haven't got a ferking clue what you're on about with your foreign stuff
what the fekk is rule 16?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

what the fekk is rule 16?
No-one ever reads the rules

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

16. The language of use for this site is to be English only. Any "discussions" on this site should be in English, and any "discussions" comprising of a different language will be removed. Exceptions to this rule are small one line inclusions of a different language when it is deemed appropriate: such as language questions in the Italy forum, for example.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:41 am
Master of verbal pish©

No-one ever reads the rules

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

16. The language of use for this site is to be English only. Any "discussions" on this site should be in English, and any "discussions" comprising of a different language will be removed. Exceptions to this rule are small one line inclusions of a different language when it is deemed appropriate: such as language questions in the Italy forum, for example.
thats racisit!!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:41 am
Home and Happy

thats racisit!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please not ANOTHER racism thread
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Just had mine for lunch with neeps & tatties. Wife & kids only like the breast, so I had all 3 legs. yum yum
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:43 am
Master of verbal pish©

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please not ANOTHER racism thread
i know yir havin a laugh pal
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Just had mine for lunch with neeps & tatties. Wife & kids only like the breast, so I had all 3 legs. yum yum
my dad once had turkey legs for christmas. he had 12 legs???????
strange fkn turkey

can you imagine trying to catch the bastard!!!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:50 am
Home and Happy

strange fkn turkey

That would've been hilarious!!! Funniest ferking turkey ever!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

strange fkn turkey

Breast man myself when it comes to the buirds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.