Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

ACT Canberra - What's it like?

ACT Canberra - What's it like?

Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default ACT Canberra - What's it like?

I have been told by a poster on BE that my skills are on demand for state sponsership in ACT Canberra as well as SA.

I was originaly told by 2 agents that SA was only realistic option so acepted that and found Adelaide might have been our first choice anyway after looking into SA.

So what is Canberra like?

Good and bad please.

Thanks

Johnnyyt

Last edited by johnnyyt; Nov 6th 2007 at 7:52 pm. Reason: typo
Old Nov 6th 2007, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACT Canberra - What's it like?

We have just been through this! http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=canberra

However, as a loyal Canberran I would say that it is good. It would certainly be an improvement on Adelaide where you definitely cannot drink the water!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by quoll
We have just been through this! http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=canberra

However, as a loyal Canberran I would say that it is good. It would certainly be an improvement on Adelaide where you definitely cannot drink the water!
Thanks Quoll,
i suppose I should've done a search first.

What's the 'can't drink the water in Adelaide' ?

Johnnyyt
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide water tastes foul - no joke! Not because it has been through several people on its way down the Murray I am sure
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide water tastes foul - no joke! Not because it has been through several people on its way down the Murray I am sure

LOL - why all of a sudden these 'migrants' want to come here??? I say bad mouth Canberra - keep them out! It is almost full here.....(and then she creeps off, quietly waiting on the sidelines..)
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Aw c'mon Sas, we can take one or two more without too much hassle
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sasbear
LOL - why all of a sudden these 'migrants' want to come here??? I say bad mouth Canberra - keep them out! It is almost full here.....(and then she creeps off, quietly waiting on the sidelines..)
Ha, cant stop us we have the visa now!!

Aw c'mon Sas, we can take one or two more without too much hassle
There's 4 of us is that ok?
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No worries!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

No worries!
What's your avatar by the way?
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black cat
Ha, cant stop us we have the visa now!!

There's 4 of us is that ok?

Ok but shhhh - mum is the word!~ Don't want everyone coming here
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok but shhhh - mum is the word!~ Don't want everyone coming here
Ok, i wont tell anyone else and they can shut the airport after we arrive! How is your annoying lady at work? Just seen the time can't you sleep? Or are you a very early riser?!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok, i wont tell anyone else and they can shut the airport after we arrive! How is your annoying lady at work? Just seen the time can't you sleep? Or are you a very early riser?!!!!
Both - hubby in Sydney and not used to being alone - also going for a swim before work.

Very annoying lady at work is worse - without sounding horrible - I think she is going senile and it is no joke - poor thing - about time she retired IMO
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Both - hubby in Sydney and not used to being alone - also going for a swim before work.

Very annoying lady at work is worse - without sounding horrible - I think she is going senile and it is no joke - poor thing - about time she retired IMO
Is she close to retirement? Are they just letting her see out her last couple of months?
Old Nov 7th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is she close to retirement? Are they just letting her see out her last couple of months?
well for the last 2 yerars she has been saying i am retiring - and she never does - she is 62 next year and she doesn't need the money - she salary sacrifices all into her super - her hubby is still working and after retiring from the civil service with a good package is now contracting. i have views on this but tbh if she could do the job still - good luck to her but she can't.

Example - i am going on leave in a week and I have to try and organise stuff of mine - the only stuff that i can't leave are the timesheets. There is only me that knows how to enter these onto the system....I spent 2 hours showing her and her taking notes - on the really simple side of it - and yesterday when I was in sydney, she calls me on my mobile having a panic as she can't print the bloody timesheet in my inbox onto 1 page!!! for Foooks sake - it isn't rocket science. And worse case scenario - it doesn't matter that much if is on 2,3 or 4 pages...but the worst thing was/is - she didn't have to print that timesheet - I told her that any more timesheets come through - leave till thursday - so whY???? and how on earth is she going to manage when I am on leave if she can't even print a bloody timesheet????

anyhow sorry for ranting - going to get ready for swim/work,

Catch you in the new year
Old Nov 7th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

well for the last 2 yerars she has been saying i am retiring - and she never does - she is 62 next year and she doesn't need the money - she salary sacrifices all into her super - her hubby is still working and after retiring from the civil service with a good package is now contracting. i have views on this but tbh if she could do the job still - good luck to her but she can't.

Example - i am going on leave in a week and I have to try and organise stuff of mine - the only stuff that i can't leave are the timesheets. There is only me that knows how to enter these onto the system....I spent 2 hours showing her and her taking notes - on the really simple side of it - and yesterday when I was in sydney, she calls me on my mobile having a panic as she can't print the bloody timesheet in my inbox onto 1 page!!! for Foooks sake - it isn't rocket science. And worse case scenario - it doesn't matter that much if is on 2,3 or 4 pages...but the worst thing was/is - she didn't have to print that timesheet - I told her that any more timesheets come through - leave till thursday - so whY???? and how on earth is she going to manage when I am on leave if she can't even print a bloody timesheet????

anyhow sorry for ranting - going to get ready for swim/work,

Catch you in the new year
Have a good swim, and try to have a good day at work! See you in the new year ( I'll bring caramac)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.