Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

About to Pack to Leave

About to Pack to Leave

Old May 4th 2010, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

stuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enoughstuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enough
Default About to Pack to Leave

Getting excited now as the removal firm is coming in 9 days!!!

Looking for any ideas on things people have forgotten to pack and wish they'd taken or have taken and are so glad they have!!!!
Old May 4th 2010, 11:25 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all
Default Re: About to Pack to Leave

Originally Posted by stuart.and.michelle

Looking for any ideas on things people have forgotten to pack and wish they'd taken or have taken and are so glad they have!!!!
no suggestions on packing etc but I would say check your mobile phone is network unlocked before you leave cos it will be a right royal pain in the arse to try and get it done from this side.

Ellie x
Old May 4th 2010, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck, where are you heading? x
Old May 4th 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

stuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enoughstuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enough

Going to Perth. Trying to secure a job at the moment but we've decided just to send our gear over now even if it has to site in storage for a bit. Once a job is there we'll be choosing a long term rental. Maybe even go for a furnished property first.
Old May 4th 2010, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

All the best. Weather is pretty good here although cold in the morning! Still around 26 though!
Old May 4th 2010, 10:57 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all

I wish I had kept almost everything!!

Got rid of majority of my winter clothes etc. Which when you then realise you can get bloody freezing and then have to re-buy everything.

Wish I'd kept my boots, my electric blanket, my dressing gown (!!), winter coat, just anything you actually use and want now, and is worth more than like $5, then it probably is worth shipping/packing!

lerato
Old May 4th 2010, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Pack everything.... glad I bought some PG Tips and some bisto (but then again I am a cup of tea girl, and I like proper bisto powder for a gravy as opposed to shite granules).

When you arrive, just buy a pay as you go phone. Using your UK one is expensive.

Good luck!!!

Em x
Old May 4th 2010, 11:20 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all

Originally Posted by emelems
Pack everything.... glad I bought some PG Tips and some bisto (but then again I am a cup of tea girl, and I like proper bisto powder for a gravy as opposed to shite granules).

When you arrive, just buy a pay as you go phone. Using your UK one is expensive.

Good luck!!!

Em x

OOOOOOH bisto.

I love this. I willingly pay $15 for a giant tub of it from the British Lolly shop!! My partner's dad makes lovely home-made gravy, but I still persist that I prefer my 'plastic' gravy.

Yum yum yum. Ahhhhh Bisto!!

Nothing quite like a sunday roast with batchelors tinned marrowfat peas, yorkshire puds, bisto gravy and mint sauce!!
Old May 4th 2010, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lerato
OOOOOOH bisto.

I love this. I willingly pay $15 for a giant tub of it from the British Lolly shop!! My partner's dad makes lovely home-made gravy, but I still persist that I prefer my 'plastic' gravy.

Yum yum yum. Ahhhhh Bisto!!

Nothing quite like a sunday roast with batchelors tinned marrowfat peas, yorkshire puds, bisto gravy and mint sauce!!
OK... Sold...I am coming to yours for dinner next!

Em x
Old May 6th 2010, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Warm clothes - even the ones you think are too hot! Can't get decent woollens/coats here. In fact all clothes!
Shoes - really xpensive and poor quality here
Also books - I left all my cookery books and they are %%%%expensive here
Old May 6th 2010, 4:04 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had packed my Mum, Dad and brother.
Old May 6th 2010, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Photocopy every shred of paperwork you own, have them signed, stamped and registered by everyone you can think of. Make sure youve turned the iron off and bring some good books and some Australian money if you can.
Old May 6th 2010, 4:13 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Remember to keep all essential items away from the packers (passports, identification, etc). Don't give them a chance to pack it!
Old May 6th 2010, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

itsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the rough

Travel adaptors for electrical items.... we brought loads with us but they have a habit of disappearing.

good luck and enjoy
Old May 6th 2010, 6:36 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

BIRKENSTOCKS!

Oz - $120
UK (Amazon) - £25

Yes they're not theeeee most attractive shoe in the world but when you're on your feet all day as a teacher it's important to look after those wee arches in ur feet to save them from collapsing! I aint getting any younger u know lol

Brita water filters - £12 for 3 in the UK, $23 for 2 here, WHAT?! LOL

Also we invested in some Argos summer duvets, their cheapie range, and we're glad we did!

As you can tell by my reply, I'm a tight @rse, YES, I squeak when I walk lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.