Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aberdeen going down the tube

Aberdeen going down the tube

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aberdeen going down the tube

Used to live in greenbrae cresent she's 32,has sister who's 35 and oldmacher was the school, all family still there and still in greenbrae
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:10 am
Just Joined

taybir is an unknown quantity at this point

OH lived in Jesmond Ave North, then Ashwood, then we bought house in Blackdog, Murcar which is rented out just now. We are 25min north of Brissie - what bout you?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

We live East brisbane, right next to the Gabba, where abouts are you Petrie?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Kallangur - just a few mins from petrie
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 10:58 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I did time in Banchory for a while. Beautiful place.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Yeah, Banchory was a nice place to go to for a run on a Sunday - fine ice cream!! Where do you stay now?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thedons
Used to live in greenbrae cresent she's 32,has sister who's 35 and oldmacher was the school, all family still there and still in greenbrae
Old Machar, that is where my OH went to school he is 32 and we live just up the road from you in East Brisbane, about 10 mins walk from the gabba.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:47 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by taybir
Yeah, Banchory was a nice place to go to for a run on a Sunday - fine ice cream!! Where do you stay now?
Bondi. Its been a long time since I've been to Scotland.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

chasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant future

Hello!
Just came accross this thread. We leave Aberdeen next Friday!! WooHoo!! Heading for Brisbane on 4th Nov.

Hello to all you Aberdonians, hope you don't miss the place too much! Would be great to meet-up with some of you folk once we're there!

Yes, perhaps Aberdeen is not the place it used to be...even the weather's getting worse!

Hiya Debbie & Sharon! How are you both? You organised any meet-ups there yet Deb? See you both soon again I hope!

Mags
x
Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chasingthedream
Hello!
Just came accross this thread. We leave Aberdeen next Friday!! WooHoo!! Heading for Brisbane on 4th Nov.

Hello to all you Aberdonians, hope you don't miss the place too much! Would be great to meet-up with some of you folk once we're there!

Yes, perhaps Aberdeen is not the place it used to be...even the weather's getting worse!

Hiya Debbie & Sharon! How are you both? You organised any meet-ups there yet Deb? See you both soon again I hope!

Mags
x
Hi Mags

Good to hear from you, we are loving life over here!! The best thing we have ever done! During the weekends it is so good to be able to do things as you are more or less guarateed good weather. Waking up to sunshine during the week makes it easier to get out of bed and get ready for work. Will send you a PM with my mobile number. If there is anything we can do to help you out just let us know. Look forward to meeting you all again.

Take care

Debbie xx
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:03 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

We left Aberdeen 12 months ago, (Although my hubby is up there on a rig at the moment), and I do miss it occasionally. As for saying that it's going down the tube, I disagree. I'm not the oil capitals no. 1 fan (thats why we left) but there are a million worse places to live in the UK!

Nic
Old Oct 15th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mags,

Keep in touch when u get over.
x

Hi Debbie
x
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi Mags,

Keep in touch when u get over.
x

Hi Debbie
x
Hi Sharon

How's life on the GC? Are you living in Jacobs Ridge? We have been down there a few times to look at the display village, it is out of this world!! How are your kids settling? We have been here for 6 months now and love it.

Debbie x
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Hi Sharon

How's life on the GC? Are you living in Jacobs Ridge? We have been down there a few times to look at the display village, it is out of this world!! How are your kids settling? We have been here for 6 months now and love it.

Debbie x
Hi Debbie,
Aye we are in Jacobs ridge and so are my 2 friends you also met at the aberdeen meet.
I love it here, seems to be a safe place to be. Well feels that way anyway.
Where are you staying?
Boys have settled now, it was a bit rocky to start with but they are both in school and my older one is now saying that it is better than his school back home. The younger one is just pissed off as he had to go back to p7 lol. but only till Jan then he will go up to the high school.
x
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brido
Aberdeen was put up there oot the way for a reason.
pmsl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.