747: Over and out

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 747: Over and out

Aw, I just think that is so sad. I quite like the old Jumbo!
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 1:20 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Aw, I just think that is so sad. I quite like the old Jumbo!
Me too. My family have flown heaps of times on them since the early 1980s Very much a part of our shared history. I see British Airways also ceased using them on the same day as Qantas.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 10:33 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Certainly the end of the 4 burners.
It's better when the flight engineer leans forward and says "you've lost no. 5"

....and when you can reply " which side no. 5?"

(An old one but some truth in it!)
Old Aug 6th 2020, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
RIP the 747. I dare say they will be doing the same for the A380 before long.

Some interesting info on the final flights here. https://simpleflying.com/qantas-first-747-farewell/

Talking about old aircraft, there is a Qantas 767 freight plane that does continual return trips to Auckland. I believe (and I could be wrong) this was the first wide body, 2 engine jet to do mass commercial. What strikes me about this jet is the noise, its just loud. It takes off about 10:30pm every night and you can hear it all over eastern Sydney.
Cor. You live out East? Is that because you is rich ?
cheers
Old Aug 6th 2020, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Emirates are still taking delivery of new A380s and it works for them as they have so many (economies of scale) whereas other airlines that operate <20 cannot make it profitable in many circumstances.

Correct about the B767 (along with the Airbus A300/310)
Fascinating how Emirates and Singapore made the 380 work via their hub model needing to fill the plane, but all of a sudden the smaller Deamliner flying full has made a mockery of that...we have flown Mel-San Fran and it was amazing...
Old Aug 6th 2020, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Cor. You live out East? Is that because you is rich ?
cheers
No. I just like the beach and planes.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 4:48 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Fascinating how Emirates and Singapore made the 380 work via their hub model needing to fill the plane, but all of a sudden the smaller Deamliner flying full has made a mockery of that...we have flown Mel-San Fran and it was amazing...
Emirates make the A380 work due to economies of scale (100+) and because Dubai is turning into the World's main hub. Singapore have got rid of their oldest A380s now so not sure that it's working for them
Old Aug 7th 2020, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Emirates make the A380 work due to economies of scale (100+) and because Dubai is turning into the World's main hub. Singapore have got rid of their oldest A380s now so not sure that it's working for them
Quite. The A380 has had it's day...