Reload this Page >

5 things you miss about the UK... now that you're in Aus

Wikiposts

5 things you miss about the UK... now that you're in Aus

Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:24 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 things you miss about the UK... now that you're in Aus

I'm going back to the UK for a month in a few weeks.

I shall be filling me boots with:

1) Mr Brains faggots, with proper chips from the chippy.

2) Walkers salt and vinegar french fries & Twiglets.

3) long summer evenings sat outside, supping some nice plonk, listening to the birds tweeting (not screeching) whilst watching the bunnies hopping around the field next to my Mums.

4) Shopping in Tescos', M & S, Primark for kids stuff, Asda's, Next, Wallis and Next, Boots

5) Going to lovely old country pubs for bar snacks. Sitting outside in the garden and eating food without being swamped with pesky flies trying to enter my head by any available orifice.

6) Getting lots of cuddles and fuss from my lovely family.

I shall miss my lovely new house in Oz though and my hubby, 'cos he can't come back with me and the kids.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Things I miss about the Uk.........

All the flavoured crisps that are available, not just cheese twists!!
Marks and Spencers 'sunflower' fabric conditioner.
Frozen Birds Eye ready meals, for when you are in a rush.
........and the telly!!!
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

We're not there yet - but having read your posts guys I think we'll be fine - our local pub landlord is slightly miserable and I'm okay with pringles and spend more time on internet than watch telly anyway! Mind you its 26 c today and beautiful, can appreciate missing that and late light nights ...
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

MINT SAUCE now im being petty,lol, honestly i dont think i reall miss anything,ive manged to find an alternative for most things and what i can t find and alternative for i can manage with out,
I think the main thing is long time friends but they ll take time to build.

tracey
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:38 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 5 things you miss about the UK... now that you're in Aus

Originally Posted by scissors
MINT SAUCE now im being petty,lol, honestly i dont think i reall miss anything,ive manged to find an alternative for most things and what i can t find and alternative for i can manage with out, I think the main thing is long time friends but they ll take time to build.

tracey
Cornwells Thick Mint Sauce.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:36 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

1. Boots (the chemist)
2. Argos
3. Proper chips (I know one chippy that sells them but they're still not the same)
4. Double Decker chocolate bars
5. Fig Rolls, they're just not quite the same out here
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:19 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing......except maybe, cheap flights to Europe
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

One of mine was going to be frosty mornings - then low and behold - I step out to take Amelia to kinder this morning and there is frosty grass and I actually had to de-ice the back windscreen!!!

Others:

1) Bath Ales Barnstormer - though James Squire Porter beer is pretty good
2) Cosy country pubs - again, there are a few up where we will be living so we are going to try them out this weekend
3) French Connection for me and H&M & Gap for the girls (got round the girls by buying on UK Ebay)
4) Rolling hills of Devon with single track lanes and little villages (though only saw these once a year)
5) A decent curry - small price to pay really

Rachel
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:14 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

MINT SAUCE now im being petty,lol, honestly i dont think i reall miss anything,ive manged to find an alternative for most things and what i can t find and alternative for i can manage with out,
I think the main thing is long time friends but they ll take time to build.

tracey
theres always mint jelly :scared:
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:52 pm
salleo

salleo is an unknown quantity at this point

1. sash windows and window sills, I've got no where to put my niknaks
2, bread sauce
3. curry or any decent takeaway for that matter
4.open fires
5. having a laugh at neighbours, they think its serious drama here.
6. driving at more than a snails pace
7. half hour programmes with only one ad break
8. funny adverts

I could go on, come to think of it, what the hell am I doing here!
Old Jun 7th 2006, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

ive tried this and mint jelly but its not the same,but i have learned to live without it,when in rome and all that

tracey

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Old Jun 9th 2006, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

I've worked it out, the thing I really miss. Recycling. We don't have a recycling bin at our block of units, and there isn't the glass bins etc in the supermarket carpark. The tip will only take cardboard, as far as I can tell, so I'm stuck.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johanne
I had some of them on Monday my friend went back to UK to see family and she brought me some Walkers prawn cocktail crisp back. Oh and some Atora suet (that customs took off her)
When my friends are coming over im making them bring me some prawn cocktail crisps n some decent trainers!!!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:00 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
I don't miss anything about the UK.

Me neither
Old Jun 9th 2006, 5:13 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

ive tried this and mint jelly but its not the same,but i have learned to live without it,when in rome and all that

tracey
Deb's Mum brought us 3 jars of the concentrated stuff. We made pigs of ourselves with the first one and lashed it around the second one lasted only a bit longer. Now we're on the last jar and it's getting to the recycled tea bag stage, more vinegar than mint Mmmmmmmmmmm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.