Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

4x4s Sufferers. HAHA.

4x4s Sufferers. HAHA.

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4x4s Sufferers. HAHA.

Originally Posted by framac
Oh my little northern bird I'm beginning to think your a wee columbo. The better half has a tandem with rubber wheels so we dont let out any hot air
I am a large columbo. why the reluctance to admit what car you own. perhaps you are a holden commodore owner which is in fact one of the worst polluters in the country or even a ford falcon which fares equally as badly. Come on Framac my scottish chum, what car does your family have???
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am a large columbo. why the reluctance to admit what car you own. perhaps you are a holden commodore owner which is in fact one of the worst polluters in the country or even a ford falcon which fares equally as badly. Come on Framac my scottish chum, what car does your family have???
Oh NB. Only for you. I personally dont own a car as I work 5 mins from home but wifey drives Kia Rio. The little car that has as much power as the proverbial hairdryer. She offered to run me to work yesterday but I decieded to walk as I was in a hurry. The newbies who dont know me NB have been biting and Im loving it.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:58 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Oh NB. Only for you. I personally dont own a car as I work 5 mins from home but wifey drives Kia Rio. The little car that has as much power as the proverbial hairdryer. She offered to run me to work yesterday but I decieded to walk as I was in a hurry. The newbies who dont know me NB have been biting and Im loving it.
See, was that so difficult now. I am sure you feel better now after your wee rant about gas guzzlers. Go have a sit down now, all that walking is bound to have worn you out
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

See, was that so difficult now. I am sure you feel better now after your wee rant about gas guzzlers. Go have a sit down now, all that walking is bound to have worn you out
In nth qld, every second car is a 4x4 and it just seems so unnecessary so I thought I'd have a little chuckle at the price of fuel and by golly jeeves, it worked
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

In nth qld, every second car is a 4x4 and it just seems so unnecessary so I thought I'd have a little chuckle at the price of fuel and by golly jeeves, it worked
Plenty of them here too in WA. We were planning on changing as we often tow a trailer tent but with the price of petrol it isn't worth it, our Mazda is thirsty enough.

Go and have a sit down now and mellow
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Plenty of them here too in WA. We were planning on changing as we often tow a trailer tent but with the price of petrol it isn't worth it, our Mazda is thirsty enough.

Go and have a sit down now and mellow
If this hernia keeps playing up, it'll be a lie down im needing.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:14 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Capitalist b&&&^%d. i bet your gonny go buy a 4x4.
Ps. I dont drive anymore since I became a fat git. Now I drive a pushbike.
there are 4 4x4's sat in the driveway as we speak my friend.....
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:15 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MartinH
Actually that argument doesn't hold any water as a normal estate car will usually have the same if not more load carrying capacity.
Unless you've got all the same crap to carry around as we do it's not fair to make assumptions. A large car may have a similar carrying capacity, but it doesn't always cut it due to how it's shaped.

A few months ago we flew down to Newcastle for an ice hockey tournament and rented the largest car we could so that we could fit all of our equipment & sticks. The car had a huge space to put stuff in, and was probably the biggest I had seen. But it still couldn't handle all the stuff we'd normally put in our Sante Fe.

In our Sante Fe we can fit:
-2 ice hockey bags (which are VERY large) - covers the whole floor space
-ice hockey sticks - which are very long
-3 large suitcases on top of the hockey bags
-stroller
-baby cot
-an extra suitcase on the seat if needed

Mind you, when it's this loaded up it's tough to see out the back. But the fact is that we couldn't fit that all in a car. I know because we've tried! Luckily we don't travel like that often! Believe me.... if I could fit all our crap into a smaller car I would have bought one in a heart beat. I loved my old car, but unfortunatley it just doesn't fit everything (nor would a larger car).
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
Unless you've got all the same crap to carry around as we do it's not fair to make assumptions. A large car may have a similar carrying capacity, but it doesn't always cut it due to how it's shaped.
We're in the same boat as you - cello in hard case (soon to be two), tutu bags, school bags, large ballet props, footy bag, just don't fit into the boot of a normal large car because of the shape of the boot. I quite often have all of this to fit in on the same day. And normal station wagons don't have the capacity for fold away seats (some do but their really flimsy and only suitable for little kids).
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Framac, we have Pajero IO (1.6L). Do we have small penises? I hope not. I really hope you approve of our car. I await your response with baited breath in hope that our gentalia is of ample size.
J
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:33 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kim67
And normal station wagons don't have the capacity for fold away seats (some do but their really flimsy and only suitable for little kids).
We actually have to fold down our back seat a lot more than we thought we would. We needed to quite frequently when we first arrived and had lots of furniture and things to bring home. It's our only vehicle so we need it to do a lot!

I'd like to see a car boot fit a a rather large square ottoman. I managed to bring that one home without even folding the seats down. There is no chance that would fit in a car. I'll measure it if anyone cars to check their car!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 7:19 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

To all big gigantic car drivers (4x4s, hummers etc), I am wondering how much you are suffering financially with the price of fuel going through the roof. Now I dont mean to gloat (ok, I do) but I watch with a sneaky gleeat the types who drive these monsters and wonder WHY Is it to cover up other inadequacies (the small penis comes to mind) like being bullied at school and now taking it out on those ppl who picked on you. You not only hogged the road and took two parking spaces at once with your massive enviromental disaster buckets but you bullied and harassed other road users just because you could.:curse: So with a big dollop of Karma, I seek your opinion of how it feels to be skint.
?

Personally the higher the petrol price the bigger my wallet

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Hey Framac, we have Pajero IO (1.6L). Do we have small penises? I hope not. I really hope you approve of our car. I await your response with baited breath in hope that our gentalia is of ample size.
J
Your good folks
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
there are 4 4x4's sat in the driveway as we speak my friend.....
I bloody knew it you home counties fox chasing farmer.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Framac, you're obviously fit, healthy and bored I don't have a penis but I have a man who does Had a Corolla that I wrote off in a very slow minor prang. Decided my life and that of my daughters were too important to trust them to that size of car again. Now own my fab gorgeous CR-V that I love to death. No apologies, we can afford the petrol and I understand the price is starting to fall again anyway. Hubby drives a 3litre Mazda Bravo Ute to and from work - then he's in company vehicles. He'd be hard pressed to get the sand, cement, tools, furniture etc etc in a normal sized car even if I allowed him to try

You have my complete sympathy, you're a jock, it must be tough sometimes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.