Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

4x4s Sufferers. HAHA.

4x4s Sufferers. HAHA.

Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4x4s Sufferers. HAHA.

[QUOTE=framac;6590400]
Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Ok OK, welcome back Framac.............. you commie Scum![/QUOTE
Anybody who doesnt use a 4x4 for off roading is telling porky pies that they need it. Ive got 3 kids and a standard car and its more than suffice so get yer heads oot yer arses and stop kidding yourselves. You want it and you love it. Be honest:
Do go offroad, but even if I didn't, you may be able to fit three kids in a standard car but not two dogs as well. Standard cars aren't as comfy for those long drives, like across the continent.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:49 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>> Ive got 3 kids and a standard car and its more than suffice so get yer heads oot yer arses and stop kidding yourselves. You want it and you love it. Be honest<<

Your original post described some cars as:

>>your massive enviromental disaster buckets <<

So how does increasing the population help the environment, when overpopulation is the root cause of all the planet's problems in the first place?

Glass houses.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
>> Ive got 3 kids and a standard car and its more than suffice so get yer heads oot yer arses and stop kidding yourselves. You want it and you love it. Be honest<<

Your original post described some cars as:

>>your massive enviromental disaster buckets <<

So how does increasing the population help the environment, when overpopulation is the root cause of all the planet's problems in the first place?

Glass houses.
Overpopulation either in Scotland or Aus is not something that we worry about. 3 kids aint exactly a large brood for a good catholic like myself. Thank god for the withdrawal method BTW, get aff the drugs ya fruitcake.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

The EPA in America (Environmental Protection Agency) who by default are very anti gas guzzlers,recently carried out a very interesting survey into total life cost of their cars, and found that the cost from initial conception through design, production and life use and subsequent disposal was approximately ten times higher(in terms of CO2 production this is) for a Honda Prius piece of crap than for a lovely Hummer H2.So I applaud all the massive environmental disaster bucket drivers for their sense of community spirit.Keep up the good work! And dont believe everything the politicians tell you, its all about tax, you know.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris1386
The EPA in America (Environmental Protection Agency) who by default are very anti gas guzzlers,recently carried out a very interesting survey into total life cost of their cars, and found that the cost from initial conception through design, production and life use and subsequent disposal was approximately ten times higher(in terms of CO2 production this is) for a Honda Prius piece of crap than for a lovely Hummer H2.So I applaud all the massive environmental disaster bucket drivers for their sense of community spirit.Keep up the good work! And dont believe everything the politicians tell you, its all about tax, you know.
Excellent!!! Might just take mine to do a couple of donuts around that 700 year old Boab tree they've just transported from the Kimberley to plant in Kings Park.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris1386
Eggfurkinzackery.

I drive a 12 year-old Pajero at the weekend, commute by public transport through the week. The longer I keep the car the smaller its environmental footprint becomes. That's part of the reason I choose not to buy new, and not to change cars regularly; creates no demand.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

Shocking but true, the impact of disposing of these 'green car solution' batteries is quite horrific for the planet, everyone has a theory about global warming I know, but for an organisation who are inherently anti motoring to publish these facts is a real eye opener.Like someone else said once, if we really want to stop co2 production, stop the number of mouths breathing.A professor somewhere also calculated that if people actually stopped talking about global warming the reduction in co2 would be immense We know the world is warming up, its done it on and off for millennia, only this time someones determined to make a fast buck out of it by apportioning blame to the easiest victims, us, and making sure we pay. Many years from now when weve all played ball the effect of all our taxes will be calculable, and I bet the planet will still have warmed up and when it starts cooling again they'll be back for more.:curse:
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by framac
To all big gigantic car drivers (4x4s, hummers etc), I am wondering how much you are suffering financially with the price of fuel going through the roof. Now I dont mean to gloat (ok, I do) but I watch with a sneaky gleeat the types who drive these monsters and wonder WHY Is it to cover up other inadequacies (the small penis comes to mind) like being bullied at school and now taking it out on those ppl who picked on you. You not only hogged the road and took two parking spaces at once with your massive enviromental disaster buckets but you bullied and harassed other road users just because you could.:curse: So with a big dollop of Karma, I seek your opinion of how it feels to be skint.
I am a builder who tows a heavy tipping trailer, also a 5 berth caravan, i have 3 young daughters and a dog, we need our 4x4's BOTH of them! i am a former amateur boxer (29-18-11) so i have never been bullied! as for the small penis.......ask my wife! My advise to you ...GET A LIFE!!! HA HA HA!....... loser. :-D
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

To all big gigantic car drivers (4x4s, hummers etc), I am wondering how much you are suffering financially with the price of fuel going through the roof. Now I dont mean to gloat (ok, I do) but I watch with a sneaky gleeat the types who drive these monsters and wonder WHY Is it to cover up other inadequacies (the small penis comes to mind) like being bullied at school and now taking it out on those ppl who picked on you. You not only hogged the road and took two parking spaces at once with your massive enviromental disaster buckets but you bullied and harassed other road users just because you could.:curse: So with a big dollop of Karma, I seek your opinion of how it feels to be skint.
Just as a matter of interest, what do you drive????
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=busterboy;6590401]

I bet you are a stinky devil!

Poor you. See if you had a 4x4, you could sleep in it tonight.
If he had a 4x4 he could have driven out of the floods eh?
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Just as a matter of interest, what do you drive????
Roller skates
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

munch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kim67
Or cars of the two dogs, three kids, cello (in a hardcase), loads of schoolbags, sportsbags, ballet props, country driving set. Loads of people actually need a big off road vehicle.
Well said! With 3 children and 2 large car seats, double buggy, shopping, school bags etc. afraid a mini is out of the question. Don't drive a 4x4 but soooo need one, it would stop the kids screaming at each other because there is no room in the back. Our eldest has to take his coat off so he can fit inbetween the 2 car seats.
Sorry, but I'm with you on this one - if you need one for the space you need one, simple as.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

munch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nice

Originally Posted by munch
Well said! With 3 children and 2 large car seats, double buggy, shopping, school bags etc. afraid a mini is out of the question. Don't drive a 4x4 but soooo need one, it would stop the kids screaming at each other because there is no room in the back. Our eldest has to take his coat off so he can fit inbetween the 2 car seats.
Sorry, but I'm with you on this one - if you need one for the space you need one, simple as.
Oh, and I don't have a penis!! Just a large family....
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

On a car lease scheme so all fuel paid for. $120 to fill up but I don't care.

And it feels great to be looking down on you lot with tiny wee cars.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
A Honda CR-V isn't quite a 4x4 but I drive one because of all the reasons given and because I use a trailer to carry garden rubbish to the tip, cement, bricks, wood, fencing and the rest around and I've also moved house three times in three years with it.

It's easier and neater to park than Mrs Wol's Integra and I don't bully and harass other road users.
We have a CRV too, fab car, loads of boot space, loads of room in the back for when we have visitors, does a trip to the airport and back on one tank of fuel with some to spare, and although we dont do "off roading" as such there are a lot of unsealed roads around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.