Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

4x4s Sufferers. HAHA.

4x4s Sufferers. HAHA.

Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4x4s Sufferers. HAHA.

To all big gigantic car drivers (4x4s, hummers etc), I am wondering how much you are suffering financially with the price of fuel going through the roof. Now I dont mean to gloat (ok, I do) but I watch with a sneaky gleeat the types who drive these monsters and wonder WHY Is it to cover up other inadequacies (the small penis comes to mind) like being bullied at school and now taking it out on those ppl who picked on you. You not only hogged the road and took two parking spaces at once with your massive enviromental disaster buckets but you bullied and harassed other road users just because you could.:curse: So with a big dollop of Karma, I seek your opinion of how it feels to be skint.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:28 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4x4s Sufferers. HAHA.

Originally Posted by framac
To all big gigantic car drivers (4x4s, hummers etc), I am wondering how much you are suffering financially with the price of fuel going through the roof. Now I dont mean to gloat (ok, I do) but I watch with a sneaky gleeat the types who drive these monsters and wonder WHY Is it to cover up other inadequacies (the small penis comes to mind) like being bullied at school and now taking it out on those ppl who picked on you. You not only hogged the road and took two parking spaces at once with your massive enviromental disaster buckets but you bullied and harassed other road users just because you could.:curse: So with a big dollop of Karma, I seek your opinion of how it feels to be skint.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:32 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We have a Pajero because a Mazda 3 won't pull 1.25 tonnes of boat and trailer

The price doesn't really bother us yet but we have swapped cars. I take the Paj to the station and she takes the Mazda on a 60km round trip. It probably saves $30/week but the environmental benefit is about as important to me.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
How ya doin Sunny. A thot you wur away hame.Good to see yer still wae us.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 1:48 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

My Pathfinder enjoys 10 lt/100km and tows 3T. God bless diesel. A lot of the new 4WD's are good economy for 2T+ trucks.

Although I must say with some glee that I had the forsight to ditch the Prado in Sept. About now I'm guessing they couldn't give away a 4L V6 petrol 4WD with 180L tank...

Now my friend who has a Falcon Boss GT has bought a moped to commute with. Priceless.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

My Navara 4x4 takes 80l of diesel which costs about $145. This last 3 weeks - so $50/week. The Golf takes 55l of diesel which costs $100 and also lasts 3 weeks. So, for 2 vehicles I'm paying less than $85/week. Cheap as. Diesel would have to quadruple in price before it started to hurt, so the current price is nothing really.

IMO, fuel is still cheap considering what it can do for you.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

at the OP

Are you going to direct your comments at people who drive estate cars as well.... and dont forget people carriers....
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:08 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Not suffering financially at all thanks very much, as company picks up the tab
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:33 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

am awright mate fur the noo, i think before not too long mate i will be in a loony hoose way trying tae figure oot wit am dayin here or where on earth i think should be. if a dont hurry up she will commit me so a canny go hame

Anyway, watch out fur ma other comments, maybe next week i will think Australia is the best thing since sliced breed.

The missus seems to have really settled into things along with the kids who now love it too, but me? another story mate!!

How ya doin Sunny. A thot you wur away hame.Good to see yer still wae us.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

4x4 can be fun too you know - and useful. You think all those farmers have small dicks do you(!)

Think a lot of people who who don't need 4x4 buy them frankly cos they did all things for all people. Seats, visibility, comfy on a run, space, power, bit of camping and holiday and weekend escapes. Noone likes driving a car that struggles at 100k or bottoms out on a dirt road.

(Disclosure Conflict of Interest statement: We have a disel 4x4 ute which does about 10l/100km.)
Old Jul 19th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
am awright mate fur the noo, i think before not too long mate i will be in a loony hoose way trying tae figure oot wit am dayin here or where on earth i think should be. if a dont hurry up she will commit me so a canny go hame

Anyway, watch out fur ma other comments, maybe next week i will think Australia is the best thing since sliced breed.

The missus seems to have really settled into things along with the kids who now love it too, but me? another story mate!!
At least yiv got rid o that other fat b*****rd in yer avatar so yemust be dain sumhin right.
Tongue in cheek badgy boy but you'd need to be a bank manager wi sticky fingers the way the price is going. Rather you than me coz its just going to go up and up. Georgy Bush knew what he was doing when he invaded Iraq (NOT) Tosser.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:56 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I drive a Kluger because I live in the country, many of the roads are unsealed and I have to move bulky computer equipment about securely. It's also cheaper to run than my wife's titchy little Mazda Astina.

Think you're carrying a very British attitude to these cars - I think many Australians are entirely justified in driving them - I'd sure like to see you travel anywhere off the beaten track in a Smart Car round these parts.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

At least yiv got rid o that other fat b*****rd in yer avatar so yemust be dain sumhin right.
Tongue in cheek badgy boy but you'd need to be a bank manager wi sticky fingers the way the price is going. Rather you than me coz its just going to go up and up. Georgy Bush knew what he was doing when he invaded Iraq (NOT) Tosser.
S'ok mate. Realised that. There is no big engined petrol vehicle in our future. Even the Ford will be converted to gas.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Mmmmmm....jealous? WHY does it bother YOU what someone else drives? Is it only 4x4s that annoy you or any car that looks better/is more expensive than your own?

I never understand why people spend so much time worrying about what other people have/think than enjoying what they themselves have.

I would expect if someone can afford to pay over $40,000 for a vehicle they can afford the petrol for it.

Galba
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:54 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I had a peek at your public profile. No comment - but I can see why you feel the need to attempt to stir things up <g>.

A Honda CR-V isn't quite a 4x4 but I drive one because of all the reasons given and because I use a trailer to carry garden rubbish to the tip, cement, bricks, wood, fencing and the rest around and I've also moved house three times in three years with it.

It's easier and neater to park than Mrs Wol's Integra and I don't bully and harass other road users.

And petrol is so cheap in Australia that I don't give it a thought.

Now, if there's any other way to relieve you of that chip, please let me know, and I'll do my best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.