478 KJX

Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:07 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute
Default 478 KJX

Maybe it’s just me being an incey-wincey bit an*l about car number-plates, but I enjoy spotting the quirky and not so quirky number plates on the road.

I think to myself “They were either quick off the mark or they paid through the nose for that!”. For example, the number plate SHARON.

Or, maybe it’s a case of “OK, that’s cool – it’s their initials followed by their year of birth or it’s a nickname”, say JAT 85 being driven by a twenty three year old in the first instance or WOODSY in the second.

There are those plates that are clearly personal but I’m not 100% sure of the significance. Around here a Thai lady drives a car with the plate NOK 99. Nok, I presume, is her name, but 99? Maybe it’s her lucky number? Maybe I should just ask her.

And then there are the plain clever, amusing or just sad plates:

Clever (oh come on, why not): UBUTEY (on a shiny, metallic double cab ute)

Amusing: GANJA – collar-feelingly naïve, but still amusing, and

Sad: MAN UTD

For those British expats in Queensland who are in the market for a personalized plate, I am delighted to inform you that both WINO and DIPSO are available for purchase - simply follow the link: http://www.ppq.com.au/

So anyone that wants to share what expensive, cool, amusing or sad number plates have you seen today please reply? Or if you have a cryptic plate that needs deciphering please post it up for us to assist (can anyone help me with 14TOO? One for Two? Eh?)

For those of you who don’t want to play look out for a battered 1990 Mitsubishi Gallant with the bespoke, blood-stained number plate FYAD
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:21 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 478 KJX

OK OK not much love going on with this thread.

Perhaps the inexplicable joy brought about by seeing someone's Christian name as their number plate is not shared by all.

My eagle-eyed saunter home from work bagged me just the one 80INK, which I liked.

Now I'm off to compose a thread about cute kittens getting rolled over by a mean and nasty semi-trailer that goes by the name of MAC. Maybe that'll get a sympathy reply. Bah. Humbug!

Buttocks
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buttockup
OK OK not much love going on with this thread.

Perhaps the inexplicable joy brought about by seeing someone's Christian name as their number plate is not shared by all.

My eagle-eyed saunter home from work bagged me just the one 80INK, which I liked.

Now I'm off to compose a thread about cute kittens getting rolled over by a mean and nasty semi-trailer that goes by the name of MAC. Maybe that'll get a sympathy reply. Bah. Humbug!

Buttocks
I look at plates too

I have one with my name on, just 3 letters and 3 numbers, but it's pink and I it
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:56 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

I've already decided that when i learn to drive and i have my first car my reg plate is going to say:

UP YOUR5
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I like the funny plates...not the named one's as in your own name. Not very original.
I see loads everyday, i was going to get one, but they are alot of cash, so didn't bother. Also couldn't think of a cool enough word.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I like the funny plates...not the named one's as in your own name. Not very original.
I see loads everyday, i was going to get one, but they are alot of cash, so didn't bother. Also couldn't think of a cool enough word.
mines ste69 go on to ppq web site and put in mydick it says yes mydick is available very funny
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wintersgills
mines ste69 go on to ppq web site and put in mydick it says yes mydick is available very funny
It's not funny enough for $2,300 (there or there abouts).

We've always shied away from personalised plates, but I've just got a new (old) car and none of us like the plate - just can't fix it in our heads so hubby is planning on getting me a plate for my birthday but it will be a 3 letters, 3 numbers $465 one.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:12 pm
NO, we're GOING there....

gorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nice

ORG45M - I've seen that on a Range Rover
Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:01 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
I've already decided that when i learn to drive and i have my first car my reg plate is going to say:

UP YOUR5
Cannot get 7 letters or combination ... in QLD

We have private plates, cos well.. we could afford them

Not that we ever could in UK !
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Lady at local garage has got MINGE on hers - I wonder if her hubby has HAIRY ?

Was going to get some for the bikes but decided it made me too easy to spot if I was ever naughty
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:30 pm
Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Cannot get 7 letters or combination ... in QLD
Maybe I'll let those kittens live.

I heard a rumour that the money spinners in State government will roll out the seven letter/digit number plates one day (soon?). Therefore the acquisition of UP YOUR5 should be a sure-fire way to get your car vandalised. Otherwise get your thinking caps on.

Another trend seems to me to be that the prestigious three letter number plates representing, presumably, the owners initials are exclusive to the BMW X5.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:48 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why you are adding a number into the equation.

Personalised plates in QLD. can be 2 numbers 3 letters in sequence, or just spell out the word, up to 6 letters.

for example ORGA5M < no point just go and buy ORGASM

only $2.9k which is paltry by comparison to CR4P UK plates