Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

3 Years on , back in UK

3 Years on , back in UK

Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:04 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Years on , back in UK

Originally Posted by Hels
Too bloody right, preggers woman!!!
You startin
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
You startin

Only if ya want me to!!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:06 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Only if ya want me to!!
You don't want to go there mate. I could cover you in vomit at 50 paces
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Shhhh
Attached Thumbnails 3 Years on , back in UK-idontknow.jpg  
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

You don't want to go there mate. I could cover you in vomit at 50 paces

:scared: :scared: YOU WIN!! :scared: :scared:
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Shhhh

How appropriate is that for so many posters on this forum!!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:12 pm
High in the Dandenongs

:scared: :scared: YOU WIN!! :scared: :scared:
HA HA!

night nightx
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:12 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Actually some think........
Attached Thumbnails 3 Years on , back in UK-pic24626.jpg  
Old Aug 5th 2006, 3:11 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Fair comment, but again thats how he sees it and its done as pure wind up! Good old tounge in cheek. Gets 'em every time But it wasn't a personal insult to one person was it? Like "Oh that Rossifumi bloke deserves what he gets for writting such bollocks as that", It was a generalisation like the ones a few make everyday. Like "the Aussies don't have a sense of humour" or "everyone in Englands a chav" etc.

I still fail to see why everyone is so het up Perhaps its just me hormones or something
I took his comment about not having his head up his own arse because he's not a Scot VERY personally. It came completely out of the blue, and had absoutely nothing to do with him not liking Perth.

He might just like to wind people up, but he should stop and think for a minute - this is a public forum which new members join all the time. Some of those members might not have witnessed his wind ups before and therefore, taken such an isolated comment as nothing short of racism. He didn't include smileys or anything to indicate he was joking so why would we think otherwise.

JMHO

Last edited by herrchook; Aug 5th 2006 at 3:14 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Kimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to behold

Its funny...I just read back over the first 40 odd posts on this thread and from what I can read NOone slated him or even called him names...not a single one...until this post...

Seems to me his only intention was to come on here and try to wind people up....or did I misread the post??

Personally, I have no issue at all with his view of Australia ...but start referring to people as or ....and that was before anyone had said anything negative to or about him that wasnt then no, I dont believe he was just trying to post his experiences....

Certainly nothing he has posted indicates he has a genuine desire to contribute anything of any real value to this forum, not in my opinion anyway!!

You've totally lost me there.?

The first personal insult IMO was :

You may well be one of the 'old school' and quite a few people obviously remember you of old, but to the uninitiated you really are coming across as a complete and utter w@nker.

Graham
Re: the rest of your post...I can appreciate what you're saying, his first post was clearly some sort of wind up. However (it seems) it was a wind up because it appears he has been wound up over a period of time by stating his dislike for where he was living in Oz (which he has every right to do) on an Australia forum and evidently receiving a certain amount of grief for it.

I can see where he's coming from because the reception he received only proved to substantiate this. The majority of people here apparently take it as a personal insult if someone doesn't like Oz.

I've been pondering this thought this afternoon actually and I can kind of see where they're coming from.

I guess it's like if someone tells you 'they had that car', that you now own, and 'they used it for a while but decided it was crap', so 'they've now changed models' it would make one feel a little stoopid I think. Like you were stoopid enough to buy that car...

But this sort of comment does not need to be taken like this. It's a personal choice. One person's paradise is another person's hell why the need to compete or compare?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Last edited by Kimka; Aug 5th 2006 at 7:01 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 8:05 pm
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimka

Re: the rest of your post...I can appreciate what you're saying, his first post was clearly some sort of wind up. However (it seems) it was a wind up because it appears he has been wound up over a period of time by stating his dislike for where he was living in Oz (which he has every right to do) on an Australia forum and evidently receiving a certain amount of grief for it.

I can see where he's coming from because the reception he received only proved to substantiate this. The majority of people here apparently take it as a personal insult if someone doesn't like Oz.

I've been pondering this thought this afternoon actually and I can kind of see where they're coming from.

I guess it's like if someone tells you 'they had that car', that you now own, and 'they used it for a while but decided it was crap', so 'they've now changed models' it would make one feel a little stoopid I think. Like you were stoopid enough to buy that car...

But this sort of comment does not need to be taken like this. It's a personal choice. One person's paradise is another person's hell why the need to compete or compare?

An insult is only an insult, if you allow yourself to insulted by it. Every one is entitled to an opinion. Its not easy having an opinion i know from the past.
Ive never insulted anyone, just speak the (your) truth and trust me someone will think its an insult.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Strange, but if most of us went to a family function and came accross an overly rude or overly negative person, we would probably *tut*, put them in *the dickhead box* in our heads, and walk away.

I can't think many would stand there and argue the toss......

So why do it here? Why get all wound up
Old Aug 5th 2006, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Strange, but if most of us went to a family function and came accross an overly rude or overly negative person, we would probably *tut*, put them in *the dickhead box* in our heads, and walk away.

I can't think many would stand there and argue the toss......

So why do it here? Why get all wound up
Very good point Phoenix .....

Arkon, who has annoyed the crapper out of me recently, is far more readable as a Aussie knocker.... Therefore goes to the top of my list as the most lucid and intellligent poster that has negative things to say about Aussie. I cannot recall Arkon resorting to insults as easily.... except for labelling most Aussies as thick.

Mind you Arkon doesn't have the online Groupies that PB has
Old Aug 5th 2006, 11:13 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Mind you Arkon doesn't have the online Groupies that PB has
Beg to differ mate. More of 'em if anything.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

I think you better look back at the posts again...the post right BEFORE this one PB called somone witless??? The post you have quoted above is well after he started referring to people on this forum as sad cases etc....

See, again....not sure you have really read the posts....I cant see where ANYONE has slated him for not liking Australia....They are more slating him because of the tone of his posts and his digs he makes towards people who do happen to like the place or want to move there....HUGE difference in my opinion....

Of course it doesnt NEED to be taken like this...of course people could just sit here all happy that someone is blatently saying they are all ignorant because if they come to Australia to try it out to see if THEY like it, and not cancel all of their dreams and plans because some shallow insignificant little man didnt like it they are stupid....

Of course.....everyone, thats it!! We are all not allowed to have the right to respond to these claims as he is the one with the right to voice his thoughts on here...but no one else is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.