Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

3 Years on , back in UK

3 Years on , back in UK

Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:09 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Years on , back in UK

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Yep I think we expected that though.
no you didn't
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:11 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by russmcp
no you didn't
Forum Regular

Kimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to behold

Of course it's relevant, he has slated the area in which someone lives, slates Perth for whatever reasons, can't you manage to see a pattern there?
But so what if he's slated the area in which somone lives, good for him he doesn't like it and knows it and good for them who live there, they live there because they do like it. What's the problem? He merely expresses his opinion it is not an insult to the personages dwelling in that place...as far as can see anyways

Please explain.
As in it took him 33 posts to start insulting back
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it's relevant, he has slated the area in which someone lives, slates Perth for whatever reasons, can't you manage to see a pattern there?
Yes. But! He only slated Perth from his 10 year experience right? He got "abusive" from post 33 when he was told he still had his own head up his arse, then it was a punch on from people who had never even come across the guy once. Can't you manage to see a pattern there.

Also he does talk about a lot of other things and he does answer any question asked in a none inflamatory way. I just don't see why people are so riled?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:12 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by russmcp
no your not
Right, i'm pulling your hair right now
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Kimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to beholdKimka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
Yes. But! He only slated Perth from his 10 year experience right? He got "abusive" from post 33 when he was told he still had his own head up his arse, then it was a punch on from people who had never even come across the guy once. Can't you manage to see a pattern there.

Also he does talk about a lot of other things and he does answer any question asked in a none inflamatory way. I just don't see why people are so riled?

lol me neither, totally don't get it!!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:18 pm

I just don't see why people are so riled?
I think that the statement in post #1 'Still full of dreamers and near do wells' may well have riled a few people by the looks of it, who is he to judge persons he doesn't know in the first instance?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kimka
But so what if he's slated the area in which somone lives, good for him he doesn't like it and knows it and good for them who live there, they live there because they do like it. What's the problem? He merely expresses his opinion it is not an insult to the personages dwelling in that place...as far as can see anyways

As in it took him 33 posts to start insulting back
For example, how can he slate a city like Melbourne when he has never lived there?

I ain't wasting anymore time on this one, I have some paint that requires some stern looking at whilst it's drying.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

I think that the statement in post #1 'Still full of dreamers and near do wells' may well have riled a few people by the looks of it, who is he to judge persons he doesn't know in the first instance?
Fair comment, but again thats how he sees it and its done as pure wind up! Good old tounge in cheek. Gets 'em every time But it wasn't a personal insult to one person was it? Like "Oh that Rossifumi bloke deserves what he gets for writting such bollocks as that", It was a generalisation like the ones a few make everyday. Like "the Aussies don't have a sense of humour" or "everyone in Englands a chav" etc.

I still fail to see why everyone is so het up Perhaps its just me hormones or something
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I see no ships.
Attached Thumbnails 3 Years on , back in UK-willthispostend.jpg  
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:27 pm
High in the Dandenongs

For example, how can he slate a city like Melbourne when he has never lived there?
The same way those that don't live here yet tell us how fantastic Aus is and how much better things are here. (better tax, no chavs, no credit card debt, cheap petrol, etc etc) Sound bytes, peoples opinions. Right or wrong, thats all they are i suppose

I ain't wasting anymore time on this one, I have some paint that requires some stern looking at whilst it's drying.
Sorry. Am i boring you
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Its funny...I just read back over the first 40 odd posts on this thread and from what I can read NOone slated him or even called him names...not a single one...until this post...

Seems to me his only intention was to come on here and try to wind people up....or did I misread the post??

Personally, I have no issue at all with his view of Australia ...but start referring to people as
"people who want to copout of the rat race"
or
"I live to the full , unlike the some of the sad cases on this site."
....and that was before anyone had said anything negative to or about him that wasnt
"tongue in cheek"
then no, I dont believe he was just trying to post his experiences....

Certainly nothing he has posted indicates he has a genuine desire to contribute anything of any real value to this forum, not in my opinion anyway!!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

PMSL Well hello PB!!!!!!

Good to see you've not lost your touch, just 1 post back on the site and you've racked up a 40 page thread!!!

I only checked in cos it's all over the "old posters" grapevine that you're back and I had to see for myself!! It got really barmy on here a while ago so I had to stop reading, but definitely wanted to see what's going on now you're back Nice to see you still have the same effect on people

How the devil are you? Sounds like you're enjoying being in the UK, glad you settled ok. I've been here in the arse end of the universe for 4 years now and still managing to enjoy it although I would prefer to live in Freo, I just don't have a spare $750,000 lying around to buy a 2 bed place!! Oh well, at least the sun is shining.....wait a minute, no it's not, it's bloody freezing LOL, never mind I still like it here!

love

Sophia xxx

Last edited by sophia; Aug 5th 2006 at 1:58 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:59 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Certainly nothing he has posted indicates he has a genuine desire to contribute anything of any real value to this forum, not in my opinion anyway!!
And you are entitled to it
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

And you are entitled to it

Too bloody right, preggers woman!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.