2008 is OUR year!

Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 2008 is OUR year!

Wow, what a month!

For those oldies that know about the last, near enough, two years will know its been pretty shitty in our household? Well things are on the up!!

Flynn is going from strength to strength and is beginning to talk. He says Dad, duck, dog, gone and several other things that we haven't worked out yet! He is on his feet the whole time, but is showing no sign or crawling, he is just lazy and hates being face down.
We still have to await the professionals all clear with his result from the IVH BUT as his Mum I am very confident all is well. Mums intuition is huge I reckon and I don't think there are any problems at all. (apart from the fact hes still weany for nearly 14 months, his jeans fall down everytime you lift him up )

Matts MRI scan from two weeks ago is all good. Neuro surgeon says no sign of the cyst re growing, all cerebal spinal fluid moving nicely, no need for a shunt or anything, no air pockets or fluid like last time. The longer this goes on for, the less the likely hood of any intervention from them, and less chance of it returning. He apologised for the bashing around of Matts short term memory banks and said Matts probably pretty much where hes gonna be now. Jeeze, how humble can the man who saved his life be Next review 12 months

Niall had a neuro review today due to his Chiari and our neuro surgeon is happy still not to operate, although wants an MRI review. This is "non urget" so will be done around march time. Even though he has some symptoms, they are not continuous over a long period and are not stopping his quality of life in any way. So we watch and wait. All good!

THEN! The icing on the cake.... Matt went for an interview on Monday for a two day a week, 6 month contract with "ECHO" which are part of work for the dole. The role was for a computer trainer to get people to know the basics when trying to get back into the work place. In a pre brain surgery world Matt was responsible for training whole companies to use software so we were hoping that they'd give him a fair go. He didn't get called for interview so he rang them and they said that they had interviewed some people but no one suitable. So Monday was D day. I suffered a flash of post traumatic stress disorder when Matt walked out of the bedroom suited and booted. The last time he had worn that garb was March 2nd 2006, the night he collapsed and we had to cut his clothes of for drips etc. Anyway, I gave myself a slap and wished him luck.

He said it went well and they would let him know at the end of the week. Yesterday they called for references. TODAY they offered him a job! FOUR days a week for 6 months.

Its been a long hard emotionally draining road, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and for once, its NOT another train!

oo oo oo, also forgot to say that I am also going back to college to do a cert 4 in training and work place assesment so that I can become a beauty therapy teacher. I start in feb

MERRY BLOODY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL

Last edited by hevs; Dec 19th 2007 at 11:06 am.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:35 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2008 is OUR year!

You certainly have had a tough few months love.......here's to a healthy and happy 2008, you deserve it

Oh and Merry Christmas to you and yours and especially Flynn
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:37 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Am delighted for you.

Rock on hevs and co.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:39 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go mate
Have a great Christmas
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:42 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you all. Here's to 2008 ...
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Very best wishes to you and your family. I hope 2008 holds the best for you.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:43 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

He got the job! That's fabulous.

Well done to you all.... sounds like you're all going from strength to strength.

I have that pic on my desk...
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:46 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, really TP? I'm touched, truly

Thanks guys. I'm sitting here grinning like a loon
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful news, what you guys went through didnt break you, but made you all very strong as a family, I wish you all the very best of luck for your future, have a wonderful Christmas & Happy New Year.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:02 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

hello there gorgeous mummy

I just had a nose in and saw your update. Fan daba dozee matey excellent news, its great to hear how well Flynn is doing, I know there isn't much age difference between him and my little Alfie, so its all good stuff then chick.!!

Glad to hear hubby and your other son are ok. Now sit back babes and enjoy the years ahead.Its so nice to get an update, thanks.

Love and hugs darling, have a wonderful Christmas and Fab New Year....go girl !!

From an oldie Expat....Paula xxxxx
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:04 am
High in the Dandenongs

Right back at ya yummy Mummy

So glad you are doing ok.

I also forgot to mention in my origional post that I am also going back to collage to do a cert 4 in training and work place assesment so that I can become a beauty therapy teacher. I start in feb
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

First born asked why I was grinning like an idiot when I got the text When I explained she said to say cool from her too and to give Flynn a kiss and cuddle from her.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:13 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Merry Fkciun Cristmas to you too and a long time comin.........all the best in 2008 you guys...ypu deserve it

H xxxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:13 am
High in the Dandenongs

What do you mean? It doesn't take a text
Tell H thanks x
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:15 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Cool

Excellent news Hevs

Sounds like your right.....2008 is your year

and you all so deserve it after 2007!

Good for you honey

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.