Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

2006 Australian/Barbie BE Awards(Episode 2)

2006 Australian/Barbie BE Awards(Episode 2)

Old Dec 12th 2006, 11:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2006 Australian/Barbie BE Awards(Episode 2)

Originally Posted by DagBoy
Actually, calling forum people you do know hunnie and sweetie is pretty icky too.
Ok tootsie, won't do it again
Old Dec 12th 2006, 11:31 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Ok, lets try this again, shall we kids???

The idea for this is its for the year 2006. Its for the Australia/Barbie forums. Please, be nice and make posts, but stick to the topic!!

Catagories will be:

This time, I am going to take nominations until 6th January 2007 and then people can vote on the most nominated. Nominations will only be accepted by PM.

So, sorry to any who have already nominated. Would you please re do them and PM them to me...

Good Luck!!!

Hels
Not sure I know how to do PMs - so please just consider this private. Everyone else - please don't read it.

1) Funniest thread
Cannot think of one for this year

2) Funniest poster - Male
Bix usually makes me smile

3) Funniest poster - Female
MoneyPen

4) Most positive poster
Badge, Scissors, Stitch, Moneypen - all the ones who are getting on with life

5) Most pessimistic poster
Arkon

6) Biggest "Aussie"
Badge - for using the word grouse

7) Nicest poster
Lots of nice posters - can't single one out

8) Lifetime Achievement Award
Me - for taking almost three years to post an annoying "got it" thread

9) Honourable Mention Award - for those that have fought through exceptional circumstances.
Hevs and Hup - no contest

And what about the leaving for good then coming back again with a new name award?
I nominate BadgersMount/Badgers/That's Not Quite Right/Badge is Back

And I think you should have:
most annoying poster:
- too many to mention
most irritating posting style:

I don't know.

This is a hard one (oooh sexual double entendre).

No - cannot think of one.

the "you would not get away with this as a plot for a sitcom" award
Arkon and any thread involving service or lack thereof

the "you would not get away with this as a plot for a soap opera" award
Hevs - for anything she posts

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:29 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Sorry if I'm sounding like a tosser
You are!

Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy
It goes through cycles like this all the time.

There will be some posts complaining about the price of lettuce soon
Hmmmmm

You know, I have been coming here for 2 years now (under various guises - ssshhhh!), and you're right Wendy, it has it's up's and down's! Have spent quite a bit of time on here just recently, but strangely, hardly ever feel compelled to post anymore! Just not the same crowd anymore! Guess, some day in the future it will get 'good' again, maybe for 6 months or so..................
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
How about a new category.

Most vomit inducing post.

My god, can instantly think of a couple (by the same person) that went up recently! Daren't speak my mind on it for fear of being banned! Anyone guess the posts? Answers in a PM if yer too chicken!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DagBoy
6) Biggest "Aussie"
Badge - for using the word grouse
I know - I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel everytime I manage to find that one. Its not even in general usage anymore.

It would be like saying 'brill', eh, Bordy?
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh $hit, I've started calling forum people hun and ending my posts with a x, talking about "hubby" and using kiddie talk.
I've obviously been here too long :scared:
x x x and more irritating $hit

My vote for irritating - people who use the forum as a pub because they can't get out to one eugh yuk.
Plus people who make innunendos all the time as they don't get it enough coz they're on here all the time

THEN THERES PEOPLE WHO USE NO PUNCTUATION AND USE CAPITAL LETTERS WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE IN PERTH YEAH ITS A BIG PLACE A BIT HOT SOMETIMES AND YES YOU CAN BUY MILK YES THEY DO HAVE PUBS AND YES THE SCHOOLS ARE GOOD BLA DE BLA DE BLA AND PEOPLE WHO GO ON ABOUT IMMIGRANTS WHEN THEYRE GOING TO BE ONE THEMSELVES LOL SEE THE IRONY!!!
Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:02 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I know - I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel everytime I manage to find that one. Its not even in general usage anymore.

It would be like saying 'brill', eh, Bordy?
I only say Brill because to me Grouse is a bottle of whisky.

Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've always - well at least the last 15 years, called all manner of people hon. Sorry I call the old man hubby on here for the same reason I don't give the girls names out - if they wanted to be famous, they would post themselves.

Fluffy, can you pm me the irritating ones you noticed. For me there are way to many sometimes to work it out

Whilst we are having a bitch though, there is one person on here who ends their posts with the same signature which really pisses me off, but apparently they are a very nice person so I won't name names

Margaret - I don't get bitching PMs - most of mine are friendly chats or queries.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I've always - well at least the last 15 years, called all manner of people hon. Sorry I call the old man hubby on here for the same reason I don't give the girls names out - if they wanted to be famous, they would post themselves.

Fluffy, can you pm me the irritating ones you noticed. For me there are way to many sometimes to work it out

Whilst we are having a bitch though, there is one person on here who ends their posts with the same signature which really pisses me off, but apparently they are a very nice person so I won't name names

Margaret - I don't get bitching PMs - most of mine are friendly chats or queries.
I don't ever get any PMs at all bitching or otherwise which is quite good considering how I get up peoples noses.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:31 am

gedge has disabled reputation

what is wrong with this place at the moment?
has no one got anything good to say about anybody?
where's the love?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
what is wrong with this place at the moment?
has no one got anything good to say about anybody?
where's the love?
I feel it, can't you
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:54 am

gedge has disabled reputation

I feel it, can't you
oh right it's like that is it?
hmpff
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by gedge
oh right it's like that is it?
hmpff
Fun time frankie today aint we - not
Old Dec 15th 2006, 3:06 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Fun time frankie today aint we - not

He is bristly...or so he tells me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.