Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

20 to 1 - Top Performers (anyone see the end?)

20 to 1 - Top Performers (anyone see the end?)

Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 to 1 - Top Performers (anyone see the end?)

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Queen were superb in concert, seen them about 6 times, wouldn't go to see U2 if you paid me so it's all down to personal choice, that's why I don't see the point of the programme One they had the other week was top 20 divas, can't remember the order of people but it was very odd
I loved Queen, and went to see them at Slane in Ireland.

I couldn't get over the fact the the other three looked mortified at what Freddie Mercury was doing.

And from then on, I always noticed the looks they gave him when he was on stage, even at Live Aid, they always looked embarrased by Freddy

They sort of knew they needed him, but wished he wasn't such a camp arsehole.

Well thats my analysis of Queen

JTL
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I was amazed I actually guessed the number one for a change - usually it's something totally obscure!!!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:15 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Me me me me. Bloke shot down spying on the ruskies.
It wasn't me!!!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:17 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Yip agreed, it's personal choice obviously. U2 were good in the 80's and early 90's, can't stand them now and Bono is a twat
Twat he might be, but he's a very wealthy twat.....
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Twat he might be, but he's a very wealthy twat.....
Don't know why this reminded me, but I was watching the latest 'Have I got news for you', and they were saying Sir Alan Sugar was getting a bit of heat this week.

And Paul Merton said:

Wouldn't that make him Sir Caramel.

Honestly, the wit of that show puts Oz programmes like Spicks and Specks and Good News Week to shame.

JTL
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:28 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

I shall go to the bottom of the class.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Don't know why this reminded me, but I was watching the latest 'Have I got news for you', and they were saying Sir Alan Sugar was getting a bit of heat this week.

And Paul Merton said:

Honestly, the wit of that show puts Oz programmes like Spicks and Specks and Good News Week to shame.

JTL
Paul Merton is a genius I do miss HIGNFY but I've never got my head around downloading programmes and that's the only one I'd want. Hutch has tried to explain it to me a few times but it makes my brain hurt.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:46 am

And Paul Merton said:

JTL
Sometimes Play School can put GNW to shame......
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Paul Merton is a genius I do miss HIGNFY but I've never got my head around downloading programmes and that's the only one I'd want. Hutch has tried to explain it to me a few times but it makes my brain hurt.
Its really not that difficult, I could PM you a step by Step guide if you want.

I'm finding I watch mostly UK shows now, they're just superior quality in every sense. Style, camera work, writing, humour, research

JTL
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Its really not that difficult, I could PM you a step by Step guide if you want.

I'm finding I watch mostly UK shows now, they're just superior quality in every sense. Style, camera work, writing, humour, research

JTL
Actually thought HIGNFY had finished which was why I never tried to understand how to do it. The only other programme I was interested in was Spooks but that's on here anyway. I'd love to see some so yes please (another) step by step would be good
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I loved Queen, and went to see them at Slane in Ireland.

I couldn't get over the fact the the other three looked mortified at what Freddie Mercury was doing.

And from then on, I always noticed the looks they gave him when he was on stage, even at Live Aid, they always looked embarrased by Freddy

They sort of knew they needed him, but wished he wasn't such a camp arsehole.

Well thats my analysis of Queen

JTL
I loved Queen too. Biography did a Freddy Mercury episode and it was great.

I've been to see Rolling Stones a couple of times - back in the early 80's and again in 2003 at the SARS benefit in Toronto. Thought they were meh both times. AC/DC were amazing at the SARS benefit, though. Would love to go see them again, but didn't get tickets this time around.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 12:09 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: 20 to 1 - Top Performers (anyone see the end?)

U2 were number 2.

Again, why?

Gary powers being shot down or something?

JTL

(if anyone gets that joke I'll be impressed)
I got it. Studied Cold War history at college.

Old Nov 19th 2009, 12:31 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

You should! I always download HIGNFY and it's sooo much funnier than the same kind of shows over here. They all seem so amateur!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 1:06 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
-

U2 - used to be good
Queen - no
Robbie Williams - Great
Coldplay - Great
Beatles - Fantastic!
Pink Floyd- Fantastic
Paul Weller - The Modfather where's his nomination eh??
Old Nov 19th 2009, 1:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by dollface
Robbie Williams - Great
Coldplay - Great
Beatles - Fantastic!
Pink Floyd- Fantastic
Paul Weller - The Modfather where's his nomination eh??
But it was 'performers' which sounded to me that it was how good they are at performing. Whilst The Beatles and Paul Weller may be great song writers and singers they are/were not top performers. They actually do/did very little on stage. The likes of Robbie, Floyd, Queen etc really perform(ed).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.