Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

2 Weeks to go and I am in a Foul Mood!!!!

Wikiposts

2 Weeks to go and I am in a Foul Mood!!!!

Old Mar 16th 2006, 2:32 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 Weeks to go and I am in a Foul Mood!!!!

Three weeks to go and I am having stupid arguments with husnand and we usually never argue.
Trouble is, he's left EVERYTHING to the last minute, and I have been badgering him for months to get moving. We leave on 12th and he's only just got the cat vaccinated. Looks like the poor thing is going to have to have a few days in kenels before he goes to make sure his jabs are good. I originally got the paperwork for the cat in January, but of course, hub's left it till now.

I'd have done it myself, but I was selling the house, organising the movers, packing, selling, looking after three children and applying for my own visa.

So yes, short on sleep, patience and good humour. I bloody knew he's leave it until the last minute. It drives me insane.

Old Mar 16th 2006, 2:58 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Three weeks to go and I am having stupid arguments with husnand and we usually never argue.
Trouble is, he's left EVERYTHING to the last minute, and I have been badgering him for months to get moving. We leave on 12th and he's only just got the cat vaccinated. Looks like the poor thing is going to have to have a few days in kenels before he goes to make sure his jabs are good. I originally got the paperwork for the cat in January, but of course, hub's left it till now.

I'd have done it myself, but I was selling the house, organising the movers, packing, selling, looking after three children and applying for my own visa.

So yes, short on sleep, patience and good humour. I bloody knew he's leave it until the last minute. It drives me insane.

Don't get me bloody started on the 'who did what for this emigration'!!! I know I'm a control freak so like to get things done myself but this has been beyond! He finally realises that I took on too much and says 'I'll do more'. So when he starts doing stuff its 'Rach, what do I do with this - Rach, how do I do that.........'!!!! Its flamin easier for me to do it myself I tell you!

Rant over. Back to the wine! (only kidding - still a bit early but I'm keeping an eye on the clock )
Old Mar 16th 2006, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

glad to hear it is not only me that is stressed out then

Hubby is lucky because he gets to go to work but I'm at home with the kids - trying to sort out selling the house, arranging medicals, finding out about shipping and all the other million things that have to be done (AND BOY IS THERE A LOT THAT HAS TO BE STILL HAS TO BE DONE :scared: ).

I guess someone will have to start a thread about how to calm down and how to unwind at the end of the day
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:01 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luma
glad to hear it is not only me that is stressed out then

Hubby is lucky because he gets to go to work but I'm at home with the kids - trying to sort out selling the house, arranging medicals, finding out about shipping and all the other million things that have to be done (AND BOY IS THERE A LOT THAT HAS TO BE STILL HAS TO BE DONE :scared: ).

I guess someone will have to start a thread about how to calm down and how to unwind at the end of the day
A checklist might also be helpful - After so much time and planning I'm dreading that I have forgotten something.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
A checklist might also be helpful - After so much time and planning I'm dreading that I have forgotten something.
Here you go

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...42&postcount=2
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by WendyC

?Worried now.. I have 8 months left on my passport. Is that too little?
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

?Worried now.. I have 8 months left on my passport. Is that too little?
Not really, it's just easier to get one before you go. But it can still be done when you get there.
Only thing is make sure that where ever you are stopping over on the way allows you in with less than 6 months on your passport, thats assuming you aren't going in the next two months of course.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by WendyC
Not really, it's just easier to get one before you go. But it can still be done when you get there.
Only thing is make sure that where ever you are stopping over on the way allows you in with less than 6 months on your passport, thats assuming you aren't going in the next two months of course.
I was going to renew it when we got there. Thanks Wendy ... be still my beating heart.
It will have just under 8 months on it when we travel.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:20 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Don't get me bloody started on the 'who did what for this emigration'!!! I know I'm a control freak so like to get things done myself but this has been beyond! He finally realises that I took on too much and says 'I'll do more'. So when he starts doing stuff its 'Rach, what do I do with this - Rach, how do I do that.........'!!!! Its flamin easier for me to do it myself I tell you!

Rant over. Back to the wine! (only kidding - still a bit early but I'm keeping an eye on the clock )
LOL that sounds so similar. But if you forget something along the way, you can bet your ass thats what sticks in their heads Grrrr
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Luma
... but I'm at home with the kids
...which is your main job, Luma!!! He has a job, and you have a job,.. it's just yours is unpaid, and if it was paid, he wouldn't be able to afford you.

I worked out the other day how much a full time nanny, housekeeper and cook would cost for a year, plus emergency nanny for overnight sickness etc would cost, The whole thing came to around £42,000.

Remember that!

I think if it wasn't for the women, none of us would get to Australia.

Let's hear it for the girls!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:45 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

...which is your main job, Luma!!! He has a job, and you have a job,.. it's just yours is unpaid, and if it was paid, he wouldn't be able to afford you.

I worked out the other day how much a full time nanny, housekeeper and cook would cost for a year, plus emergency nanny for overnight sickness etc would cost, The whole thing came to around £42,000.

Remember that!

I think if it wasn't for the women, none of us would get to Australia.

Let's hear it for the girls!
sing...."Yeah lets give the girls a haaaaaand"!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tygwyn
sing...."Yeah lets give the girls a haaaaaand"!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!

Hey, tygwyn, I've read your blog ... I left a comment too.
We'll have to stay in touch when you're there... compare notes!