Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

1st world problem... Marks and Sparks delivery

1st world problem... Marks and Sparks delivery

Old Oct 4th 2013, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light
Default 1st world problem... Marks and Sparks delivery

Anybody else noticed that it's taking longer now to receive goods from Marks.... it used to be that I ordered something (outside of the Christmas rush)and it arrived in a week, now the average seems to be at least two weeks. Just ordered a dress for a night out in brissy in a couple of weeks and got an awful feeling it's not going to arrive in time...
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

indiana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1st world problem... Marks and Sparks delivery

They're using a new delivery service or so I was told. They were doing free delivery so I ordered a few pairs of sandals for my daughter, I had actually given up on delivery as it had been over a month, I emailed them and they said they were trying out something new but to give it a little longer and then get back in touch and they would investigate. Weirdly the parcel did turn up later that day, but delivery was very slow, this was around a month ago, I was going to leave it a while before ordering again and hoping things had improved. I was also overcharged, my invoice didn't add up to what I was charged but I found customer service slow and didn't really help with my previous queries so I didn't bother complaining again. Asos and next delivery are amazing, i've had things within a few days and free delivery
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by indiana View Post
They're using a new delivery service or so I was told. They were doing free delivery so I ordered a few pairs of sandals for my daughter, I had actually given up on delivery as it had been over a month, I emailed them and they said they were trying out something new but to give it a little longer and then get back in touch and they would investigate. Weirdly the parcel did turn up later that day, but delivery was very slow, this was around a month ago, I was going to leave it a while before ordering again and hoping things had improved. I was also overcharged, my invoice didn't add up to what I was charged but I found customer service slow and didn't really help with my previous queries so I didn't bother complaining again. Asos and next delivery are amazing, i've had things within a few days and free delivery

Thanks for that, I might give Marks a miss if their delivery is always going to be that bad...I will check out ASOS and Next as you recommended.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by macy View Post
Anybody else noticed that it's taking longer now to receive goods from Marks.... it used to be that I ordered something (outside of the Christmas rush)and it arrived in a week, now the average seems to be at least two weeks. Just ordered a dress for a night out in brissy in a couple of weeks and got an awful feeling it's not going to arrive in time...
I've had the opposite experience. Ordering on a Thursday and goods arrive the following Tuesday to suburban Melbourne. Had about 8 or so deliveries in the past month and bar 2 or 3 all have been very prompt.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 10:30 am
Fronting the Parole Board

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You may find its the postal system not just M&S. Just got stuff from two UK retailers and a UK ebay seller this week, all took over three weeks. I've ordered from both retailers before and had the stuff in 5 days.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 11:46 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Clothes from MnS are soooooo yesterday,just like the aus postal service
Old Oct 4th 2013, 11:48 am

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy View Post
Thats why I get most of my stuff sent to you, it avoids Aus post that way
Old Oct 4th 2013, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Thats why I get most of my stuff sent to you, it avoids Aus post that way
And I'm sure Bernie enjoys wearing your M&S knickers.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 2:24 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse View Post
You've seen those photos too
Old Oct 4th 2013, 2:39 pm

Can someone lend me a cloth to clean up the wine I just spluttered everywhere
Old Oct 4th 2013, 11:34 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

My arse could NEVER be that big
Old Oct 5th 2013, 3:39 am

My arse could NEVER be that big

Old Oct 5th 2013, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

A spate of books have arrived from UK - normally takes about 10 days. It can vary. Never had an issue with Australian Post.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 2:01 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack View Post
. Never had an issue with Australian Post.
Really! geez you're lucky I once got a birthday card 4 months after the date stamp from the UK!
Old Oct 6th 2013, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Never tried M&S but we ordered a load of stuff from Amazon last week. Despite the tracking details saying delivery within 10-15 days, we had it within 5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.