Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Wikiposts

1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: 1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Originally Posted by kellyjs
OH MY GOD PEEPS! Just had a call from the conveyancers attached to my estate agent, asking me if I had got their quote for their services..I told them what was the point of thinkign about that til they sold my house?!!! The guy on the other end seemed a bit confused....you see, it turns out that those people who put the offer in ....THEY ARE BUYING MY HOUSE AFTER ALL!!!!! Oh my god oh my god.......I'm crying at work, this has been so stressful!
Thanks to all of you who have stuck with me on this ongoing saga...I don't want to be TOO happy, not until its all signed and official x

Just a quick question as I'm new to this house selling obstacle and mines on the market but just had to drop the asking price by 25K. Does the seller have to pay the costs of the survey for the buyers? I thought the buyers arranged and paid for this themselves. Or have I missed the plot here totally?
Anyway - hope it all goes through for you now.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Originally Posted by kitty4
Just a quick question as I'm new to this house selling obstacle and mines on the market but just had to drop the asking price by 25K. Does the seller have to pay the costs of the survey for the buyers? I thought the buyers arranged and paid for this themselves. Or have I missed the plot here totally?
Anyway - hope it all goes through for you now.
Hi there
No they have to pay for a survey themselves if they want it. I think what you are talking about is the home sellers (called something like that!) survey that is going to be compulsory from next year where the seller has to pay for that up front themselves. So now is a good time to sell!
Best of luck with the sale, £25k is a huge drop