Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Wikiposts

1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Old Jun 18th 2006, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

TIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of lightTIFFIN SCOTT is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Originally Posted by kellyjs
I need to book soon Wendy.I have to leave by the middle of september or considering not leaving at all for another 2 years. hence the stress! mid sept is just under 3 months away without anything at all booked. I think I can only give it til the end of this month and then have to book flights and short term rental at least.

Hi seems to have gone a bit quiet with regards to the house would love a follow up ... please put me out of my misery .... Have they come back to you or are you still waiting

Helen
Old Jun 18th 2006, 10:43 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TIFFIN SCOTT
Hi seems to have gone a bit quiet with regards to the house would love a follow up ... please put me out of my misery .... Have they come back to you or are you still waiting

Helen
Ditto !!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys...sorry, been away from the computer for a bit....Well, they never did come back to me EVEN though I accepted their offer! They were jusy bloody timewasters! What annoys me more is that when they came for the second viewing they were in my house for about half an hour, 15 of them!!!!! Now seriously, is it me or is that strange? Maybe thats how the family spend their spare time, going round to peoples houses and having a nose..I'm not best pleased with the estate agent either. I mean, fancy them ringing me and telling me that these people had done a search on the land registry and houses in my street had sold for £20,000 cheaper. Surely it is up to the estate agent to assure the potential buyer that the house is up for what its worth?! Oh and by the way, the only reason the houses were £20,000 cheaper was cos no one has sold for at least 2 years so they were looking at info from 2-3 years ago! grrrrr, very stressed at the moment as I have given myself until the end of this month to book our flights and accomodation.Its now looking likely I am going to have to go down the route of remortgaging and renting the place out
Info for anyone else cnsidering renting out...Did you know Managed lettings agencies charge 18% of the monthly rental ??!!

Kelly x
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Stokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura about

Hi Kelly

sound like your estate agents are a bit crap - they valued the house for god's sake! £10k to them is only £100 to them if they are on 1% commission, but it's a lot to you. I thought letting agents charged about 10% - when I went to Oz last time and rented my place out, that's what I paid and that was fully managed. It's daylight robbery whatever they charge - letting agents are even lower down the foodchain than estate agents in my book (apologies to any estate agents online).

You might not be worse off remortgaging as when you do come to sell, property will probably have gone up a bit so you could easily cover your fees. Just nice to have it all done and dusted though isn't it!

Hope all works out,

Sarah
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:14 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

[whinge]
I know what you are saying - we had another viewing at ours on Saturday, un-beknown to us he had made an offer - £35000 less than the asking price (twat!) on the Friday -which the estate agent turned down on our behalf. The estate agent called us Saturday morning just to warn us... She said that the buyer couldnt understand why as our next door neighbour was up for a few quid less than ours when theirs had an extension. The reason being is our house is bigger - the only difference is that they have extended beds 3 and 4, their kitchen is smaller, their lounge is smaller, beds 1+2 are smaller, their dining room is smaller and ours has double glazing too.
Why bother showing dickheads around a house when they are obviously just wasteing time, i guess it shows us as the vendors that they are earning their huge commission (not!!)

[/whinge]
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
[whinge]
I know what you are saying - we had another viewing at ours on Saturday, un-beknown to us he had made an offer - £35000 less than the asking price (twat!) on the Friday -which the estate agent turned down on our behalf. The estate agent called us Saturday morning just to warn us... She said that the buyer couldnt understand why as our next door neighbour was up for a few quid less than ours when theirs had an extension. The reason being is our house is bigger - the only difference is that they have extended beds 3 and 4, their kitchen is smaller, their lounge is smaller, beds 1+2 are smaller, their dining room is smaller and ours has double glazing too.
Why bother showing dickheads around a house when they are obviously just wasteing time, i guess it shows us as the vendors that they are earning their huge commission (not!!)

[/whinge]
Well, I don't take any pleasure in seeing there is quite a few of us in the same boat People always want something for nothing don't they?
I bloody well love my house and have spent almost £30k on it in two years!! (have the debt to prove it lol) It used to have no upstairs bathroom, damp, wood worm..We have painstakingly restored original cast iron fire places...so if they haven't got the class to realise what its worth bxlls to em!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:28 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Well, I don't take any pleasure in seeing there is quite a few of us in the same boat People always want something for nothing don't they?
I bloody well love my house and have spent almost £30k on it in two years!! (have the debt to prove it lol) It used to have no upstairs bathroom, damp, wood worm..We have painstakingly restored original cast iron fire places...so if they haven't got the class to realise what its worth bxlls to em!
Totally agree, we have spent £20000 on ours in 3 years! New bathrooms, kitchen, downstairs loo, new carpets throughout. It's a sodding showhome !
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

saltrock67 has a spectacular aura aboutsaltrock67 has a spectacular aura aboutsaltrock67 has a spectacular aura about

We put our house up in Febuary,second viewing the lady put in an offer 5k under the asking price,at this time i was waiting for my spouse visa so told the estate agent it wasnt enough,they rang back to say she would go up another 3k,brilliant we thought only 2k under the asking and only our second viewing.We left it for a few days and then rang the estate agent to see what was going to happen next,only to be told that the lady who had made the offer hadnt even put her house on the market . We are now into June,since the offer i think we have only had 5 viewings and not one of them had sold their houses again 2 of them hadnt even got thiers on the market.We put it on at £225k and have now dropped it twice to £215k and are paying the stamp duty but still no intrest and its starting to wind me up big time.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

OH MY GOD PEEPS! Just had a call from the conveyancers attached to my estate agent, asking me if I had got their quote for their services..I told them what was the point of thinkign about that til they sold my house?!!! The guy on the other end seemed a bit confused....you see, it turns out that those people who put the offer in ....THEY ARE BUYING MY HOUSE AFTER ALL!!!!! Oh my god oh my god.......I'm crying at work, this has been so stressful!
Thanks to all of you who have stuck with me on this ongoing saga...I don't want to be TOO happy, not until its all signed and official x
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:30 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

OH MY GOD PEEPS! Just had a call from the conveyancers attached to my estate agent, asking me if I had got their quote for their services..I told them what was the point of thinkign about that til they sold my house?!!! The guy on the other end seemed a bit confused....you see, it turns out that those people who put the offer in ....THEY ARE BUYING MY HOUSE AFTER ALL!!!!! Oh my god oh my god.......I'm crying at work, this has been so stressful!
Thanks to all of you who have stuck with me on this ongoing saga...I don't want to be TOO happy, not until its all signed and official x
Congratulations... now pull yourself together woman (slap, slap)
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them to take their fee from the estate agents fee, cos they are useless buggers and made you worry yourself to death for nothing
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Wow Kelly that is fantastic news!! Now have you double checked, I would be checking over again, your estate agents sounds like a right dope!!!!

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. xxxx

Fancy him not knowing!!!

Congratulations sweety

ps tried to send some more K and I can't, need to spread it around some more!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

I can't believe how crap my estate agents are! The one good thing is that these people don't have a chain, sounds a bit wierd, one of the people that went to view with them (one of the 15 lol) is buying the house for them to live in. All very bizarre, but I don't care, just give me the money and watch me run!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kellyjs]

YAY !! - good for you - been following this post with interest
Old Jun 19th 2006, 2:03 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

I can't believe how crap my estate agents are! The one good thing is that these people don't have a chain, sounds a bit wierd, one of the people that went to view with them (one of the 15 lol) is buying the house for them to live in. All very bizarre, but I don't care, just give me the money and watch me run!
They didnt offer to tarmac your drive whilst they were there did they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.