Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Wikiposts

1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:52 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Hold out for a little while longer, remember all those Location, Location, Locations with Kirsty and Phill telling people to make their offer and then wait. You need to do the same and wait a little bit. As lots of people have already have said think about the lovely house you will get in Oz with that little bit (well actually £15,000 is massive) of money. Give yourself another week and then maybe reassess the situation. Are they chain free? Maybe you could agree to a slightly lower price but only if they complete within a time frame and then you can start earning interest on your cash and make up for a bit of the drop?

We know the feeling, we have had an offer (the asking price) but we have refused it because they have not sold yet. If they sell quickly they get it but if someone proceedable comes along then we have to go with them.

Good luck with whatever happens.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for your advice, both positive and negative! Admittedly I put the house up for sale at £5k above the valuation and I am happy to go £5k below it so I do have room for negotiation. I'm lucky that I bought my place in a really desirable area and have done loads to it over the last 2 years, probs about £25-£30k has gone into it so I need to make the money back. I'm really hoping they do come back to me and they are just reassessing their funds like you said Wendy. But I have to say...2 years Davelynd7???? Bloody hell! You poor things...seriously? I would be tearing my hair out (those of you that have got to know me a bit on here will know that this is quite possible as I have had moments of complete stress attack over far less!)
I'll stop whinging and send you some karma to help you along the way
Kelly x
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

i suppose i shouldnt worry my house been up since may 28th ans i rang the agent today to enquire if any ones been asking..nope she said...sent out details to 45 people and not one request for a viewing...she then started going over my details how much i wanted £159,950, 4 bed.and the lowest price i would take £139.000 .(£20,000 less than asking price... :scared

i asked her where the lower price came from (the valuer)...and she asked me who told me to put it up for the price it was...i told her the valuer... and buggar if i was going to take 20,000 less..

but im wondering if thats thier mind set...put it up for more than its worth..no viewers then i'll have to drop the price..that way they get their commission...or am i just being paraniod...
3 bed houses going for more than the lowest price they said id take...
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:39 am
srd
Forum Regular

srd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nice

we put our house up for sale end of jan, got an offer for full asking price, but they had not sold their house, 3 weeks ago they then got an offer on their house but asked us to drop £50,000 we said no way, but since then we have not heard anything. we have changed agents but no viewings, really worried as we wanted to be in oz by sept, we keep hearing about prices going up etc but nothing seems to be moving in our area. not sure whether to drop the price or hang on.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by srd
we put our house up for sale end of jan, got an offer for full asking price, but they had not sold their house, 3 weeks ago they then got an offer on their house but asked us to drop £50,000 we said no way, but since then we have not heard anything. we have changed agents but no viewings, really worried as we wanted to be in oz by sept, we keep hearing about prices going up etc but nothing seems to be moving in our area. not sure whether to drop the price or hang on.
Blimey same as you, I want to be gone beginning of sept so my daughters don't have to start in a new year here. At the time of waiting for the visa to arrive it seems like such a risk to put the house up for sale. There seems to be quite a few of us "stuck". I have even thought about renting mine out and getting a loan to start me off with but given that I had to take out a loan for the bond investment not a good idea..It wouldn't be a good start to a new life if we were up to our necks in debt would it? lol
As for your buyers, I can't BELIEVE they had the cheek to change their offer! People are cut throat I'm tellign you
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lollyno1
i suppose i shouldnt worry my house been up since may 28th ans i rang the agent today to enquire if any ones been asking..nope she said...sent out details to 45 people and not one request for a viewing...she then started going over my details how much i wanted £159,950, 4 bed.and the lowest price i would take £139.000 .(£20,000 less than asking price... :scared

i asked her where the lower price came from (the valuer)...and she asked me who told me to put it up for the price it was...i told her the valuer... and buggar if i was going to take 20,000 less..

but im wondering if thats thier mind set...put it up for more than its worth..no viewers then i'll have to drop the price..that way they get their commission...or am i just being paraniod...
3 bed houses going for more than the lowest price they said id take...
I've not got a clue, I wouldv'e thought it would be better for them to put property up for sale at a realistic amount as it would go quicker=less man hours=less work for them?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:51 am
srd
Forum Regular

srd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nice

yeah, we were gobsmacked with the cheek of it too, my daughter is just doing her gcse's and we want to go before she starts college in sept or it will be even harder to get her to come with us, am so stressed by the whole thing at present, just want an end to it so we can start to plan.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by srd
yeah, we were gobsmacked with the cheek of it too, my daughter is just doing her gcse's and we want to go before she starts college in sept or it will be even harder to get her to come with us, am so stressed by the whole thing at present, just want an end to it so we can start to plan.
Blimey , very similiar. My daughter is due to START her gcses in September and really doesn't want to leave at this stage. She is really happy with the options she chose and also doesn't want to leave her friends. We want to go before September so she doesn't need to begin the course only to be dragged out after a couple of months
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

they've just come back with another offer! £10k below the original asking price..I told him I'd accept for £2,500 more...now I'm pushing my luck I know!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:59 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellyjs
they've just come back with another offer! £10k below the original asking price..I told him I'd accept for £2,500 more...now I'm pushing my luck I know!
Go girl !!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: 1st Offer on the house refused - Have I dont the right thing?

Originally Posted by kellyjs
See, you was right to wait it out! Fingers crossed for you!!

Paula
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys...must admit that right now my heart is in my mouth...OMG..Its like playing russian roulette! :scared:
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Fingers crossed for you Kelly
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by milliesmum
Thanks mate..gone very silent again..left the ball in their court over 5 hours ago! They are either making me sweat or aren't interested...I promise I won't start asking have I done the right thing again! This time I shouldv'e known better!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:49 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milliesmum
me too, fingers crossed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.